Nothing wrong with getting a few experienced players in to build a spine of a new team on which the young players can piggy-back and learn from, especially with Hanley getting such a bad injury. I don't want to see Omo and Lungi together again, but players with an experienced head next to them will look far more assured. If he's in quick so gets the whole pre-season, then I will be cautiously happy.

Ultimately team performance will be the main criterion, but I can see the logic and sense in the signing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BurwellCanary said:

Just the experienced leader at the back that we need IMO - if we keep Omo he would learn a lot

Totally agree. Plenty of us don’t like signing free agents, but as we failed to go straight back up and receive our final parachute payment this summer I’m afraid we’re probably going to see a summer similar to 2018

Will probably want quite high wages but even if we signed him on a 3 year deal at £50k p/w he would only cost a total of £7.8m, as there’s no transfer fee involved

Edited by HazzaJet

I think he’s potentially a great signing at this level.

Ok our transfer policy is driven by a mixture of wanting experience but also more importantly by having very little cash.

That doesn’t mean you can’t get those signings right or that older players are useless, they just aren’t going to generate future revenue which shouldn’t be the consideration with every signing anyway IMO.

Good signing on paper however I’ll reserve all judgement on signings till we’ve played a few as I got a bit over excited after we splashed the cash in the second Prem season and felt a bit foolish there after. 

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Remember Steve Walsh that Leicester (PL) stalwart. Jan Molby anybody? Sibierski? All cost.

You need to be careful. The day when some of these players lose it happens with haste.

Not any more, imo.

Steve Walsh was much older.  Duffy has 2 to 3 years at the peak of his potential.  This feels like a sound piece of business

17 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I think he’s potentially a great signing at this level.

Ok our transfer policy is driven by a mixture of wanting experience but also more importantly by having very little cash.

That doesn’t mean you can’t get those signings right or that older players are useless, they just aren’t going to generate future revenue which shouldn’t be the consideration with every signing anyway IMO.

I'd actually argue that these players are the ones that help youngsters jump up and improve THEIR value.

• Like 1