Branston Pickle

…So, Coventry or Luton?

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

So many sub plots this season too - Rob Edwards - sacked by their rivals Watford only to get Luton up.

I mean that in itself must be a first? To leave one club, only to join their rivals and achieve success like that? Pretty incredible stuff. Wonder what Watford fans are thinking.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I mean that in itself must be a first? To leave one club, only to join their rivals and achieve success like that? Pretty incredible stuff. Wonder what Watford fans are thinking.

It's almost impossible not to hire an ex-Watford coach these days, though 

• Haha 3

I’m absolutely delighted and made up for several Luton fans who I’ve known down the years - this will be a great adventure for the town 

• Like 1

So that’s it then. Maddison to Arsenal this summer rather than a home town return.

We've often commented on the falling standard of the Championship and that game summed it up. I can't think of any Luton players who would have got in our play off team from 8 years ago. 

It may be a romantic story but the truth is that Luton are going into the Premier League without a single Premier League quality player. It could get quite messy. 

Most of all, it sums up our current situation. We finished a long way behind Luton. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

A victory for "why did we sell Morris?" over "why didn't we hire Robins?"

I'm in both camps, so couldn't lose 😁😁

I am so pleased for Luton. They were so strong this season and finished 3rd, so deserve to go up. 

One player I know who plays for Luton is Luke Berry. He was an Academy product of Cambridge City fc and signed for Cambridge United before switching to Luton when they were in the league 3.

Such a big moment for him personally to come from the Southern Premier League to the EPL. Congratulations to this wonderful little club. I really hope they do well next season, if they end up being relegated, the money will help them with financing their new home. 

• Like 2

Wouldn't mind that Elijah Adebayo from Luton, big, awkward, skilful and most of all aware. Decent goal-scoring record too.

Can we poach him or swap him for idah, Placheta, Tzolis, Rashica etc?

Oh! Hang on Luton are now Premier League and we are a mid-table Chumps side.

What a turnaround from the days we poached the likes of Aarons and Lewis from 'Little Old Luton' (and Maddison from Coventry.)

You couldn't make it up.

Never mind, we have demigod Stuart Webber in charge at Carrow Road (and bolstered by various shades of toad-eating sycophants.) 

We should therefore be just fine. Sell a few of our promising players and the self-sufficiency model stands erect.

Anyhow, it's 'cyclical' they cry. Always has been. Accept it.

You couldn't make it up.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

Wouldn't mind that Elijah Adebayo from Luton, big, awkward, skilful and most of all aware. Decent goal-scoring record too.

Can we poach him or swap him for idah, Placheta, Tzolis, Rashica etc?

Oh! Hang on Luton are now Premier League and we are a mid-table Chumps side.

Perhaps we could try the Juventus trick and swap 1 for 4 with no money changing hands but at an inflated price so as to create an illusion of a profit that Stu could boast about?

18 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

From Wroxham to Wembley, come on Joe Taylor !

In case you missed it, Frank.

• Like 2

Reading through the thread there's little I can add, but what a remarkable achievement and I'm pleased to have been there to witness it..

Luton Town FC -- Pride of East England, ffs.

8 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

Reading through the thread there's little I can add, but what a remarkable achievement and I'm pleased to have been there to witness it..

Luton Town FC -- Pride of East England, ffs.

The man in your avatar would’ve been extremely proud

On 27/05/2023 at 16:24, Branston Pickle said:

Ever been to Luton?

I have indeed. Pretty grim I grant you, but not in the same league as Coventry. I quite like Birmingham though.