Branston Pickle

…So, Coventry or Luton?

Tough one Luton because where they came from to where they are now is some story !

Coventry would be interesting to see what Robins is like in PL ,

Coventry just sways it ! 

28 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Luton, to see Morris in the PL.  And yes people did write him off and said he wouldn't make even a championship player. 

I don’t know that ‘people’ did - we, as supporters, rarely got to see him. He wasn’t part of the main playing squad as there were others ahead of him, so we sold him - that’s perfectly reasonable. That he’s come good elsewhere shows he’s worked hard. Good luck to him.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I don’t know that ‘people’ did - we, as supporters, rarely got to see him. He wasn’t part of the main playing squad as there were others ahead of him, so we sold him - that’s perfectly reasonable. That he’s come good elsewhere shows he’s worked hard. Good luck to him.

Exactly he might of matured late , he might of needed the move to get games , Lutons style might suit him best ,

Hundreds of reasons why he might have got better but like you say mostly down to hard work ,

i hope he plays in the PL and scores some goals 

The fans will be cramming the pubs around Wembley by now. They’ll be slaughtered before kick-off!

I'm more than a bit envious tbh.

37 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The fans will be cramming the pubs around Wembley by now. They’ll be slaughtered before kick-off!

I'm more than a bit envious tbh.

I do wonder how many tickets Luton will have sold - they aren’t hugely supported but I dare say plenty will come out of the woodwork for a big game. 

I do wonder how many tickets Luton will have sold - they aren’t hugely supported but I dare say plenty will come out of the woodwork for a big game. 

Full allocation of around 37,000 sold out, same at Coventry too. 

14 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Pretty much as the title - who are you rooting for?  It’s tricky for me as I’ve never liked Luton and still haven’t forgotten Coventry relegating us in 1985…but I think I’d go for the latter - they try to play the right way.  When we played at FCR some of us could see they might come good, and they have.  With Robins at the helm it would be interesting to see how they fare in the PL.

You can't blame Cov for that '85 episode. If anyone, it should be Everton, for not playing as competitively as they should, or the Football League for leaving such an important fixture as a stand alone match after everyone else had packed up and gone home.

I've disliked Coventry for many other reasons.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Full allocation of around 37,000 sold out, same at Coventry too. 

Odd, isn’t it - that’s getting on for 4x their home capacity.  But it is what it is -we also get plenty of ‘extras’ for such games.

Luton fans need some joy after all they live in country's worst town.  Luton win will not go down well here in Stevenage not best liked here.  May the best team win however.  We could have been there with just one win couldn't we Wagner.

Odd, isn’t it - that’s getting on for 4x their home capacity.  But it is what it is -we also get plenty of ‘extras’ for such games.

It’s hardly surprising that close to once in a generation games for some clubs brings supporters to the game from all sorts of circumstances and can create some new ones. Don’t understand why that’s a negative.

9 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

It’s hardly surprising that close to once in a generation games for some clubs brings supporters to the game from all sorts of circumstances and can create some new ones. Don’t understand why that’s a negative.

Did I say it was?  I said it is what it is.

Though it has to be said the finances of some of these football clubs would be far better if more of these “new” supporters attended games.

Edited by Branston Pickle

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Did I say it was?  I said it is what it is.

Though it has to be said the finances of some of these football clubs would be far better if more of these “new” supporters attended games.

You implied it was, not sure how else to read your comment referring to them as ‘extras’? 

You’re saying now it is what it is and implying they should attend games, but you have no idea of other’s circumstances. 

If a supporter base was just season ticket holders a lot of clubs, ours in particular, would be in long term trouble.

Coventry….., the complete lunacy that is the modern PL will see Robins sacked when they are bottom and only 3 points from safety in October ‘23. Just in time for us to appoint him with us in the lower half Championship and looking completely clueless. (* Disclaimer - there is a lot of complete guesswork and supposition in this prediction *)

Edited by Beetley Yellow

Not fussed over who goes up, but I have to say it would be amazing to see Luton go up considering they were a non league team ten years ago

1 hour ago, pete said:

Luton fans need some joy after all they live in country's worst town.  Luton win will not go down well here in Stevenage not best liked here.  May the best team win however.  We could have been there with just one win couldn't we Wagner.

Coventry is a complete shítehole.

Hope the Luton fans brought their sunglasses!

Looks amazing.

Great to go up this way but one set of fans will have a bad end to their day.

Best of luck to both teams.

40 minutes ago, Beetley Yellow said:

Coventry….., the complete lunacy that is the modern PL will see Robins sacked when they are bottom and only 3 points from safety in October ‘23. Just in time for us to appoint him with us in the lower half Championship and looking completely clueless. (* Disclaimer - there is a lot of complete guesswork and supposition in this prediction *)

They kept faith with him when they were bottom of the Championship this season, so I think he'll be ok