Branston Pickle

…So, Coventry or Luton?

Pretty much as the title - who are you rooting for?  It’s tricky for me as I’ve never liked Luton and still haven’t forgotten Coventry relegating us in 1985…but I think I’d go for the latter - they try to play the right way.  When we played at FCR some of us could see they might come good, and they have.  With Robins at the helm it would be interesting to see how they fare in the PL.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Luton for me, Lewis. Aarons, Morris, lansbury and chapple more than counter balances Robins who doesn't cover the 86 cov debacle

Both are a success for the under dog and the true football fan.

I’d say Luton.

Mainly for the shock factor for some of the top earners going to the Beach Hut stadium. But also because the relegation in 85 still hurts (well, not really, but) and although it’s Everton that I am disgusted with for it, they were there, so, booooo Cov. And they nicked Craig Bellamy. 

Luton would be the new Blackpool if they do it. Happy for either club though, Coventry have been through a lot to get back to this point

Luton, but only just, mostly for the shock value. Couldn’t begrudge Coventry if it’s them though and I think they might shade it.

Looking forward to it.

Luton. Unlike Coventry they can sell out their stadium with ease, while Coventry are only half full on a good day..

Then again given the capacity differences I guess thats not exactly fair 😉

Luton for me, have a soft spot for them and a mate of mine is a big hatters fan, although I wouldn't be objectionable to Coventry going up.

It's pretty much a no lose final for neutrals. 

As others have said, don't really mind. Will be very pleased for the fans of whoever goes up - they've been through the wringer in recent years. Probably the thought of all these obscene PL clubs rocking up at Kenilworth Road just shades it Luton's way for me.

Two playoffs in row suggests luton isnt a flash in the pan , so could be up there again next season....coventry on the other hand will be nowhere near top 6 , this is a fluke in what was an exceptionally poor league from 5th downwards

From that point of view I suppose youd want Luton up.

...but with the standard of teams coming down, sadly I dont think we'll be around top 6 next season for it to concern us

Will see once the game kicks off but hedging towards Luton at the moment.

I hope both teams go for it but it might be more cagey than we think which might just favour Coventry.

Should be a cracking atmosphere regardless.

I have no dog in the race but it would be a great story for either club. It’d rather Cov due to the problems they’ve suffered over recent seasons with their ground purely on an empathetic basis. 

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Will see once the game kicks off but hedging towards Luton at the moment.

I hope both teams go for it but it might be more cagey than we think which might just favour Coventry.

Should be a cracking atmosphere regardless.

I agree with that. I think Coventry have players who can score out of nothing which could give them the edge in a tight game. 

I really don't mind who wins but looking forward to it. Should be a great weekend of football 

2 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I agree with that. I think Coventry have players who can score out of nothing which could give them the edge in a tight game. 

I really don't mind who wins but looking forward to it. Should be a great weekend of football 

Agree with that, Coventry 3.1 with Gyökeres bagging a brace. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Agree with that, Coventry 3.1 with Gyökeres bagging a brace. 

He'll be in the Premier League next season, one way or another 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

An early goal either way would be great.

Can Luton maintain the press on that big old Wembley pitch for 90 mins? Coventry have that little bit of extra quality that might just unlock that Luton defence.

I would prefer Luton went up, it would be interesting to see Carlton Morris play at that standard after a lot of us wrote him off. 

I have a soft spot for Luton Town, my uncle lived in Luton for 40 years, I have a good friend who is a Luton fan and I have been to Kenilworth Rd many times over the years (including their last game on the plastic pitch) so I hope they win, but my head says Coventry are going to win as they ave a good record against Luton.......

15 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I would prefer Luton went up, it would be interesting to see Carlton Morris play at that standard after a lot of us wrote him off. 

I am not sure he was written off, i just think at the time we won the FA Youth Cup there were not that many opportunities for him at Norwich. His career shows what can happen if you drop a league or two and work hard.........

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

There's a clue in my photo profile.

C'mom Morecambe! 😀

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Haha 1