Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

whats left for NCISA to talk to mumby about?

they say a week is a long time in politics, and so it seems is true in football.  on the pitch, 60 seconds at the end of the stoke match turned the result around from a possible 2-1 defeat into a 2-1 win, as we score on the break after a greeno wonder-save.  at leeds a typical poor first half, is followed up by a display in the seond half that finally gives the long-suffering away fans something to cheer about.  mumby can point to the green shoots of revival. after criticism at the st. andrews hall meeting, wly is hastily signed up, we sign a youth player up from spurs, and even bazzer skipper makes a sincere apology (although denying he said the comments attributed to him) to agrieved supporters.  what''s next?  make no mistake worthy and foley could even make peaceful noises and warm words of reconciliation towards supporters for their ''one on the chin'' comments and fist pumping salutes towards fans, respectively.  ahead of the meeting, the club appears to have moved swiftly to counter and disempower NCISA''s mandate.delias statement earlier in the week, the leeds result and a good showing against sheff next sat could even result in carra rd generating a wall of noise, as the comatosed city supporters wake from their winter slumber/nightmare/discontent.mumby appears to hold all the aces now and it seems the momentum is back with the board for the time being, rather than with NCISA.  This doesn''t make blowers or the fans points invalid, my opinion hasn''t changed since st,andrews for instance, but it does appear the board and the coaching staff has got some breathing space to prove if they are up to the ''challenge.''

Its a difficult situation - I would love it if worthy proved the doubters wrong, we turned in good results to the end of the seaosn and we started next season all guns a blazing.  On the flipside, if we fail to sign JJ2, a right midfielder and a Proper talented Central midfielder I would worry. If we start Andy Hughes in their next season as the number 1 choice I can see us being 8th-10th come christmas, with all the KTF types and the board behind worthy and if we are lucky we make the play-offs otherwise we fail and find all too late that worthy has failed to improve the side with all that premiership money. 

Look what Joe Royle, Ady Bothroyd, Billy Davis, Dave Jones and now Mickey Adams have done with virtually no cash... building squads that are above us on the table on a shoestring.

The biggest problem next season is going to be the relegated teams - next year they are going to be good- 2 of Portsmouth, Birmingham and WBA.  They are financially secure sides all with a lot of talent on their books.  Not like southampton, west ham and sunderland of recent times selling their first team squads.

Don''t fall for it - they are only trying to win us over! We must make sure that we make our feelings boutWorthy and his signings absolutely clear. This is not the time to let up. If we have a mass demonstration before the game and boo Worthy all game we can get rid of him.

If we just pretend that everything is ok and forget what has happened this year, we will be back where we started. If you really care about the club you will want us to lose on Saturday to help get rid of Worthy. It is only then that we have a chance! Worthy out!

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

The biggest problem next season is going to be the relegated teams - next year they are going to be good- 2 of Portsmouth, Birmingham and WBA.  They are financially secure sides all with a lot of talent on their books.  Not like southampton, west ham and sunderland of recent times selling their first team squads.

[/quote]

Impossible to predict that, I''d say. 

LGT, i think that your recognition of things like WLY contract is spot on, and if you believe that that has come as a result of the st andrews hall meeting then i think that shows just how powerful a meeting can be.

Most people dissed the meeting, saying it wouldnt achieve anything, but IYO it has, so that has to be a pat on the back for all those that attended.

I do not think it was realistic to believe that the board were going to cave in and sack Nigel after the meeting, its going to be a results led sacking if it happens before the end of the season. To be fair, I wouldnt expect the club to sack their manager based on ''fan power'' because that sets a very difficult precedent.

It will be very interesting to see what NCISA post after their meeting

The protests had their effect and now need to be set aside.

A positive statement is now overdue from NCSIA and the Club have taken the high ground. The delay of the meeting gave NCFC the necessary breathing space to work and NCSIA have just sat on their hands.

This has been a lesson in how to lose the initiative...the thing now is not to compound it with protests which will just bring derision. Timing is everything and now is not the time.

Dear NCISA,

Please ask Mr. Mumby to do something about those people in the Cathedral Lounge who slip off early for their half-time beverage and grab handfuls of biscuits, including the chocolate ones and wafers, leaving the rest of us to pick our way through the odd custard cream, bourbon and jammy dodger.

It is really affecting my matchday enjoyment...''catering manager out!''

Love

Rudolph Hucker.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

The protests had their effect and now need to be set aside.

A positive statement is now overdue from NCSIA and the Club have taken the high ground. The delay of the meeting gave NCFC the necessary breathing space to work and NCSIA have just sat on their hands.

This has been a lesson in how to lose the initiative...the thing now is not to compound it with protests which will just bring derision. Timing is everything and now is not the time.

[/quote]the worthyout website have issued a statement suspending the protests for the time being.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Dear NCISA,

Please ask Mr. Mumby to do something about those people in the Cathedral Lounge who slip off early for their half-time beverage and grab handfuls of biscuits, including the chocolate ones and wafers, leaving the rest of us to pick our way through the odd custard cream, bourbon and jammy dodger.

It is really affecting my matchday enjoyment...''catering manager out!''

Love

Rudolph Hucker.

[/quote]

Dear NCISA,

Please ask Mr Mumby, to stop slippin'' out of the ''Dictator''s/Director''s'' box just before halftime, then sneakin'' into the ''Cathartical Lounge'' to grab handfulls of all the decent choccy and creamy biccies. I''ve personally witnessed Mr Munby on many occasion - using his ''Embassy fog'' and ''Puffin'' Mickey W''s'' "Capstan full strength fag creating smokescreen" to slip away unnoticed, then carry out this greedy and selfish deed. I then, have the unpleasant discomfort of watching him and Bazzer Skips, force feeding themselves (foie gras style) with purloined biccies behind the ''Affluent''s'' curtained bay window! The pair then have the disgusting audacity, to sarcastically spit their crumbs against the inside of the plated glass and laugh at me! A good dose of fig rolls would sort the greedy pair out!

It is really affecting my voracious appetite for gorging on the halftime sub-standard & overpriced pies and pasties!

With Disgust!

Mello Yello![8o|]

PS Tell the Chairman and his Vice chum, that the next time they spit biccy crumbs towards me! I''ll return fire - with one of my best "Catarrh addled Docker''s Oysters!" You have been warned![:@] ;~p

Mello Yello wrote

Dear NCISA,

Please ask Mr Mumby, to stop slippin'' out of the ''Dictator''s/Director''s'' box just before halftime, then sneakin'' into the ''Cathartical Lounge'' 

Cathartical Lounge! Herecy, you fool Mello, you''ll have old Roger De Courcey and Nookie crusading in next home game and handing us over to the inquisitors. Keep the faith if you like...but not that version please.