Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Well Done Leeds.

Does anyone else feel that the Wolves versus Everton game was allowed to carry on until Everton scored - they'd still be playing now if necessary?

The Premier League is a product - I find it hard to believe that results are not manipulated.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hahahahahahah.

I thought Leeds would inevitably push forwards season after season because their fans and owners are full of ambition unlike little norwich..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Does anyone else feel that the Wolves versus Everton game was allowed to carry on until Everton scored - they'd still be playing now if necessary?

The Premier League is a product - I find it hard to believe that results are not manipulated.

Happens quite often

9 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I had the same feeling for the Liverpool game.

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Now if Leicester unexpectedly win tomorrow we can still get the Everton-Leeds relegation….

Perfect. Out of the three, I don't mind Leicester.👍

Want Leicester down out of spite for Dean Smith being their manager.
He wont work in the Prem again if they go down!

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Now if Leicester unexpectedly win tomorrow we can still get the Everton-Leeds relegation….

Not a cats in hells chance 

• Like 1

Won't matter because wish we were Leeds had already moved seamlessly to wish we were Forest.

Much like the conveyor belt on the generation game...

"Didn't they do well?"

• Like 1

Heard a Leeds fan on the radio this morning saying he'd never eat a 99 again.

I suppose he should be thankful that Mina hadn't scored in the 69th minute.

• Haha 11

Not that I necessarily expect us to be competing near the top next season...that open goal has been well and truly missed this season...but Southampton Leeds and Leicester were probably as good as we could have hoped to have come down....provided all of the better players at Leicester are picked of in the summer (and Maddison sell on activated)

Southampton , a young side who could go either way ,  a lot will depend on whether they keep Tella next season, Leeds are basically still the championship team they were a couple of seasons ago

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

2 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Heard a Leeds fan on the radio this morning saying he'd never eat a 99 again.

I suppose he should be thankful that Mina hadn't scored in the 69th minute.

Thankful ???? Quite enjoyed that back in the day ..... when I didn't need glasses to find my way down there 🙂

Edit: Yes I know I've misread the joke, but quite like my response, so will leave it there - too many glasses of wine here !!! OTBC

Edited by crispeduk
Spoiled someone else's joke
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Won't matter because wish we were Leeds had already moved seamlessly to wish we were Forest.

Wish we were Norwich .... oh wait

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

It would make for an interesting Sunday afternoon. Two out of three for the drop. So come on Maddison, get yew them there ghouls.

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

@Lowfields1919

Came here giving it the biggun back when Leeds were flying high. 

Where is he now?

Delia Smith Lets Be Havin You GIF - Delia Smith Lets Be ...

"In Vino Veritas".....

4 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

9 minutes does seem exceptionally long but I wasn’t following the game so don’t know what caused it

I didnt think you could get stoppage time in injury time. Wasnt it the same with Sheff Wed v Posh.

Referee said 6 added mins after 90 and yet they score in 98min.

Should it be allowed?

41 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

I didnt think you could get stoppage time in injury time. Wasnt it the same with Sheff Wed v Posh.

Referee said 6 added mins after 90 and yet they score in 98min.

Should it be allowed?

Added time is a minimum time - if the winning team sends out for burger and chips and an on-pitch full-body Thai massage the referee is perfectly entitled to add the time. The difficulty comes if the referee remembers to set his watch this week, but not next. Maybe got something to do with if it's him getting the massage perhaps?

Just now, crispeduk said:

Added time is a minimum time - if the winning team sends out for burger and chips and an on-pitch full-body Thai massage the referee is perfectly entitled to add the time. The difficulty comes if the referee remembers to set his watch this week, but not next. Maybe got something to do with if it's him getting the massage perhaps?

Beat me to it. Yes, the time shown on the board held up  by the 4th official is the minimum time left to play, not the actual time left. Ref perfectly entitled to add a few minutes on for time wasting, a stoppage time goal, substitutions etc....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Old Shuck said:

Beat me to it. Yes, the time shown on the board held up  by the 4th official is the minimum time left to play, not the actual time left. Ref perfectly entitled to add a few minutes on for time wasting, a stoppage time goal, substitutions etc....

But adding 3 minutes to 6 is extraordinary. That's the equivalent of adding 22 minutes at 90. 

6 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

But adding 3 minutes to 6 is extraordinary. That's the equivalent of adding 22 minutes at 90. 

50% extra would equate to adding a further 45 mins to a full game!

37 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Yes, exactly what I was thinking. Just hugely inconsistent.

Leeds comfortably look the 2nd worst if not the worst team in the league. No quality whatsoever.

Would be quite amusing if they scrape a narrow win against a woeful Spurs team only to see a late equaliser for Everton against Bournemouth.

At some point the game has to modernise and move to a stopped clock situation. Suddenly timewasting is a thing of the past.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That is a weird thing to say, I do not know of the particular circumstances in the Posh match but if a players gets injured in say the 2nd minute of stoppage time and the game is held up for three minutes to allow for treatment i do not see what the problem is..............

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

That is a weird thing to say, I do not know of the particular circumstances in the Posh match but if a players gets injured in say the 2nd minute of stoppage time and the game is held up for three minutes to allow for treatment i do not see what the problem is..............

Is that what happened though? I've seen 5 minutes turn into 7 at Carrow Road for no apparent reason whatsoever 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Is that what happened though? I've seen 5 minutes turn into 7 at Carrow Road for no apparent reason whatsoever 

Like I say I do not know what the circumstances were at Posh, all I do know is that added time is "a minimum of" and the ref can add to that but not reduce it. FA Rule 7 Duration of the Game has a list of items that qualify for added time, I only know about this as I read up on it as I have often wondered how added time is calculated..............

41 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Like I say I do not know what the circumstances were at Posh, all I do know is that added time is "a minimum of" and the ref can add to that but not reduce it. FA Rule 7 Duration of the Game has a list of items that qualify for added time, I only know about this as I read up on it as I have often wondered how added time is calculated..............

It is more pronounced in added time, often because time wasting is also more pronounced. I think if a player hits the deck and causes a 2 minute stoppage in the 53rd minute you probably won't get the full time added back on but if they do it in the 91st you're more likely to see it all added.

• Like 1