Icecream Snow

"City to announce new signing and coach imminently"

54 minutes ago, king canary said:

Sam Seaman from the pinkun seems pretty confident its Max Johnston but that it won't be finalised this week.

Good signing if true.

Hope he enjoys being benched for Mumba..

🙃

Being serious though if we are signing him, a proper rightback, hopefuly this means Wagner may have re thought his "Mumba will be playing fullback" comment

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Aye should imagine a lot of players are on their holidays 

Surely that means they’re not giving 100% to their clubs?!? 😡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Aye should imagine a lot of players are on their holidays 

They need to fish where the fish are; anyone spotted Stuart Webber & David Wagner hanging around in Magaluf?

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Webber may have re thought his "Mumba will be playing fullback" comment

When did Webber say that?

Wagner made the comment that he plays with fullbacks, not wingbacks, so Mumba will have to learn to play it. However I don't believe Wagner was asked if he could see Mumba playing as a winger. If he was I would assume he'd say that it's all about how he trains and performs, i certainly didn't see it as him cementing him as a fullback.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Wagner made the comment that he plays with fullbacks, not wingbacks, so Mumba will have to learn to play it. However I don't believe Wagner was asked if he could see Mumba playing as a winger. If he was I would assume he'd say that it's all about how he trains and performs, i certainly didn't see it as him cementing him as a fullback.

Clearly I meant Wagner.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Sam Seaman from the pinkun seems pretty confident its Max Johnston but that it won't be finalised this week.

Good signing if true.

Sam seaman knows less than most people in here 😂 it wont be max johnston

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tsj1999 said:

Sam seaman knows less than most people in here 😂 it wont be max johnston

There’s a gag here somewhere something about coming to quick or another signing setting sails for a different club but quite get there with it 

Edited by Yobocop

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Wagner made the comment that he plays with fullbacks, not wingbacks, so Mumba will have to learn to play it.

Good point.

Just watched that section of the interview again and I can see the point you've raised here, add into that he's not even spent time with Mumba to know what he's about first hand, but had to give an answer of sorts to Bailey.

Don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread but the Motherwell manager is not aware Johnston has been to Norwich. He's not denying it just that the player or his agent hasn't informed Motherwell.

Make of that what you will but Johnston has other clubs interested so I wouldn't expect a decision that quick.

Also it implies our Max is definitely off otherwise Johnston isn't coming here to sit on the bench. Max is in Dubai at the moment. Maybe a deal has been done subject to medicals.

53 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned on this thread but the Motherwell manager is not aware Johnston has been to Norwich. He's not denying it just that the player or his agent hasn't informed Motherwell.

Make of that what you will but Johnston has other clubs interested so I wouldn't expect a decision that quick.

Also it implies our Max is definitely off otherwise Johnston isn't coming here to sit on the bench. Max is in Dubai at the moment. Maybe a deal has been done subject to medicals.

Our max is definitely off 

18 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Mumba will be our most interesting player to watch in preseason. Clearly a huge talent but no idea what role he should be playing.

hopefully we get after the following :-

- Lewis O’Brien 

- Hannibal (loan)

- Shane Duffy

- Max Johnston

- Jamal Lewis 

On 25/05/2023 at 17:15, norfolkngood said:

New signing will be Hayden he is trying to pass his medical ,That is what is taken the time !

I heard that too. The only thing that's holding him up though, is a crutch, and he failed to get out of his car without pulling a ligament.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tommo said:

hopefully we get after the following :-

- Lewis O’Brien 

- Hannibal (loan)

- Shane Duffy

- Max Johnston

- Jamal Lewis 

Is that Hannibal Lecter? If so, got to think that if Suarez was good and he took a bite out of Chiellini, Hannibal must be god-like!

On 26/05/2023 at 11:46, king canary said:

Mumba will be our most interesting player to watch in preseason. Clearly a huge talent but no idea what role he should be playing.

If Mumba is playing as a full-back then the other one is going to have to be far more circumspect. Can't have two full-backs bombing up here as that's part of the reason we're often so open on the counter-attack. Other one is either going to have to stay back in a back three, or be more inverted and wander towards defensive midfield.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

If Mumba is playing as a full-back then the other one is going to have to be far more circumspect. Can't have two full-backs bombing up here as that's part of the reason we're often so open on the counter-attack. Other one is either going to have to stay back in a back three, or be more inverted and wander towards defensive midfield.

I think it’s going to be a big challenge to coach Mumba to play the way Wagner wants compared to how he played at Plymouth. Full backs offer more defensive solidity than wing backs but it looks to me like that is an area that doesn’t come as naturally to Bali as having license to bomb forward.

5 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

I think it’s going to be a big challenge to coach Mumba to play the way Wagner wants compared to how he played at Plymouth. Full backs offer more defensive solidity than wing backs but it looks to me like that is an area that doesn’t come as naturally to Bali as having license to bomb forward.

Precisely. That's why I said if Bali's starting at full-back, another player is going to have to cover. The other full-back, or even McLean, but then another midfielder needs to be screening the defence.

As far as I know we haven't had the new coach announced officially yet either. 

He left Huddersfield last week  

On 25/05/2023 at 15:55, Essjayess said:

Chico?...full marx for a cool nickname...better than 'Stic' at least.

So if we have Chico and Nacho (Nunez) don’t we just need Groucho and Harpo to have all the Marx Brothers? 🤔

53 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

So if we have Chico and Nacho (Nunez) don’t we just need Groucho and Harpo to have all the Marx Brothers? 🤔

Poor old straight-man (ie boring but crucial defensive central midfielder) Zeppo always get forgotten...🤩

On 25/05/2023 at 16:07, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hope he enjoys being benched for Mumba..

🙃

Being serious though if we are signing him, a proper rightback, hopefuly this means Wagner may have re thought his "Mumba will be playing fullback" comment

We need at least 2 players for each position , do you actually understand football?

On 20/05/2023 at 17:50, dylanisabaddog said:

Ince was the best player on the pitch when Reading came here this/last season 

But my brother who supports Reading said that Ince wasn't very good last season

4 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

Maybe we play 3 central defenders and 5 across the middle? Bali still would have to defend though

14 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Maybe we play 3 central defenders and 5 across the middle? Bali still would have to defend though

We've never actually had a defender who can defend for a while, so it shouldnt be an issue.