Sign in to follow this  
carpio

give credit where credit is due

If the some of the posters on the thread discussing what the score would be today have any honesty  they should put their hands up and give credit to a good away performance and a score line that bears no resembalance to what they were gleefully predicting!  Oh. I know it is a bit late in the season to start getting good results like this,but IT WAS A GOOD PERFOMANCE so please give credit to the team and the manager ON THIS OCCASION . O T B C 

despite wanted worthy to leave, I always give the credit where it is due. Well done the team and NW.just goes to show that the campaign may finally be getting through to the players that they needed to pull there fingers out.I also think that the relationship between NW and the fans is not going to be repaired, but with football you never know..........

Please see my thread on this, further up the Board. I give credit where it''s due, and Worthington and the team deserve credit today for good tactics and a top-notch performance (based upon the radio commentary).

So why is it that many KTF''s haven''t got the humility to be honest, in the same way, when the opposite is true? 

I agree the campaign does seem to be getting through to the players at last! We should step it up - we are too quiet in out protests - if we really want them to know we have to be far more vocal in out protests. Worthy out!

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

Please see my thread on this, further up the Board. I give credit where it''s due, and Worthington and the team deserve credit today for good tactics and a top-notch performance (based upon the radio commentary).

So why is it that many KTF''s haven''t got the humility to be honest, in the same way, when the opposite is true? 

[/quote]

Link, I applaud those of you who have posted congratulations but if the result yesterday had been a poor one this board would be red hot with WO posts, Paul Rankin would''ve given us player ratings and cut and pasted about 5 reports on how poor we were. Given this scenario the KTF''s wouldn''t need to post anything and if they did it would be even more impossible to get a sensible reply during the hysteria.

A good result and credit to hughes for having a good game too.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

Link, I applaud those of you who have posted congratulations but if the result yesterday had been a poor one this board would be red hot with WO posts, Paul Rankin would''ve given us player ratings and cut and pasted about 5 reports on how poor we were. Given this scenario the KTF''s wouldn''t need to post anything and if they did it would be even more impossible to get a sensible reply during the hysteria.

[/quote]

cmon squit... those ottoson foxtrot reports were hilarious!!  and yeah i do copy the player ratings from WOTB. I posted 2 match reports from their for this result. Lets hope the good form continues and this isnt just a blip like december.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Reality check time.

For the first 45 minutes, Leeds mauled us, and but for Greeno, would have been 3 up at half time!.

First half - no shots on target.

Not such a great performance as the tinted glasses brigade would have you believe!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Reality check time.

For the first 45 minutes, Leeds mauled us, and but for Greeno, would have been 3 up at half time!.

Not such a great performance as the tinted glasses brigade would have you believe!.

[/quote]

But a good enough performance for the WO campaign to call off any protest.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="LinkNR9"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Reality check time.

[/quote]

But a good enough performance for the WO campaign to call off any protest.

[/quote]

At least the players seemed to try for once this week.  Fact is the board have given him until the end of the season at least, should we lose Saturday I''m sure the protests will be back.  Football is all about results and performances.  Unfortunatly I fear you are right Squit.  Problem is while we are getting results you are not going to get much backing from the fickle 50% of fans for whom the last result will define their stance. With us being a mediocre mid table team we are winning less than we are losing but not enougth to get all the fans onside - that would take relegation battle form (with so many poor sides in this poor division that is hardly likely considering we have Darren Huckerby in the team).

I see more below average journeyman championship workers arriving in the summer, a worker on the right wing and 7th or 8th or 9th place around christmas - the nightmare situation...  The team underacheiving, Worthy failing, hoofball abounding, but doing well enough to be backed by the board.

If we were then to fail to make the play-offs the board would be critisized beyond belief for their stance to keep a failing manager who''s weaknesses were so obvious to everybody for so long...  In the nightmare situation I can see worthy taking the board down with him.