Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

5 reasons Wagner should go

1. He has had months to showcase his talent and the club has gone backwards at an alarming pace. He has failed tbe audition on any metric you want to choose. 

2. He has no credit in the bank- if the team lose first game next season it will be toxic immediately 

3. He is a manager on a downward turn whose only decent spell was a long time ago. Recent CV should have been a clue 

4. his style is a different which means rebuilding on his vision with specific player type - that is very risky- if he is sacked after 10 games next season then what? 

5. Building a team round a manager with a record like this is chucking good money after bad

• Like 14

1 minute ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

1. He has had months to showcase his talent and the club has gone backwards at an alarming pace. He has failed tbe audition on any metric you want to choose. 

2. He has no credit in the bank- if the team lose first game next season it will be toxic immediately 

3. He is a manager on a downward turn whose only decent spell was a long time ago. Recent CV should have been a clue 

4. his style is a different which means rebuilding on his vision with specific player type - that is very risky- if he is sacked after 10 games next season then what? 

5. Building a team round a manager with a record like this is chucking good money after bad

6 - he’s on a 12 month rolling deal and would be relatively cheap therefore to get rid of. 

On 4, I think Webber has been attempting to buy for a 433 with quick transitions for 2 years now. Our squad is still clearly caught between two styles though and that's something that should almost certainly change this summer.

For me though I don't personally care either way. I think if Webber goes then Wagner does too but if he doesn't (and he won't) then there's literally no point of sacking him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

The last 5 home games should be reason enough. 

Now take this how you will, but I've heard from a person who's friendly with a player leaving the club this summer that Wagner is not at all popular with the players.

It's not necessarily a bad thing but it's a very unhappy camp.

Wagner has to get his own lackies in. Personally I think he's a gonna.

10 games not top 6 then he's gone. I'd sack him now though.

• Like 2

I would usually think it’s harsh to sack a manager without ever having a transfer window and having a bunch of players who had clearly checked out. The worrying thing though is that the style of football has regressed so much, we knock him but even Dean Smiths teams had a measure of control about them and occasions when we played well for 30-45 mins. I think it is a huge leap to now bring in players that suit his style when I don’t think Norwich fans will ever take to it, I agree with the OP, I think it could get toxic very quickly when the first bad run comes.

The whole club needs to reset, we have to look at ourselves now for the situation we are In, a club with lots of young inexperienced players (bit some with potential), a lack of a cutting edge and senior players who are nearing their swan song and very little money to throw at the problem. Forget building a team for the premiership,,or 4-3-3’s etc, we are ina tough gig and we need to get back to basics, not bringing in South Americans on a punt, and we as fans will have to lose our sense of entitlement that has become ingrained as it’s going to be tough. 

Really hard to assess from the outside, given how long we gave Dean smith it would be incredibly harsh to get rid of Wagner now. 

Part of our style at City is that we give managers a proper time to prove themselves which must be a selling point when we recruit a manager and must give them more authority with the players , compared say with a Watford manager where a player can just wait for the next one in a few months.

IMO if anyone goes at this point it should be Webber.

Webber isn't going anywhere we know that, despite the fans chants.

Wagner is the wrong appointment, really poor. Let's not waste more time on him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Really hard to assess from the outside, given how long we gave Dean smith it would be incredibly harsh to get rid of Wagner now. 

Part of our style at City is that we give managers a proper time to prove themselves which must be a selling point when we recruit a manager and must give them more authority with the players , compared say with a Watford manager where a player can just wait for the next one in a few months.

IMO if anyone goes at this point it should be Webber.

Yes but no goals in 5 home games. 
almost bottom in last quarter of a season 

Worst points return in final 10 games for 59 years 

All this with one of the most expensive squads in the division with some talented individuals who are not playing as a team. That is WOEFUL on any manager- the man cannot possible stay as he has shown pitifully poor form and seems to have no clue how to turn thst round. Put bluntly I honestly think anyone of us could have done as well 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Now take this how you will, but I've heard from a person who's friendly with a player leaving the club this summer that Wagner is not at all popular with the players.

Now this wouldn't surprise me - if going on some small personal experience I had, part of my healing process is to now get out and about on walks to get used to moving around again... anywho ...

on my lengthy walk last week I happened to come across a certain DW (while wearing my ncfc jumper I might add) he was coming towards me, I took my headphones out in anticipation and gave the usual "afternoon David" and was hoping to ask for a picture (why wouldn't you, current ncfc boss etc.) - what I got back was a glance and nothing more... Maybe it was a bad day etc. Just rubbed me the wrong way... 🤷

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

To be fair wasn’t this the same with the outgoing players in Farkes first season? Seem to remember a lot of stories/rumours of the old guard being unhappy.

21 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Funny you should say that but a guy behind me said ...........'they are clearly not playing for the manager' . Now that's an easy line for disgruntled fans to take, you hear it all the time on phone in shows. However, the players should have been ramped up enough today with pretty much all playing for their futures. The level of commitment was shocking. Wagner was an appalling and lazy appointment and for that reason alone (even ignoring the stupid recruitment of the last two summers), the guy should be sent back to The Fatherland pronto. He can take his '90%' mate with him.   

• Like 3

Wagner will be here next season 

On today’s showing relegation is on the horizon 

Problem is nothing coming through the expensive Academy 

It's a shame it hasn't gone better, but in spite of so many adamant that anybody could do better than Smith,  we're inferior to where we were under Smith. Got to hit the reset switch over the Summer.

Just now, daly said:

Wagner will be here next season 

On today’s showing relegation is on the horizon 

Problem is nothing coming through the expensive Academy 

Sadly I agree. Nothing will change this summer. Bar some player ins and outs. 

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Now this wouldn't surprise me - if going on some small personal experience I had, part of my healing process is to now get out and about on walks to get used to moving around again... anywho ...

on my lengthy walk last week I happened to come across a certain DW (while wearing my ncfc jumper I might add) he was coming towards me, I took my headphones out in anticipation and gave the usual "afternoon David" and was hoping to ask for a picture (why wouldn't you, current ncfc boss etc.) - what I got back was a glance and nothing more... Maybe it was a bad day etc. Just rubbed me the wrong way... 🤷

Wagner has appealed several times for the fans to really get behind the team when we still had mathematical chances of the play offs. By and large the proletariat declined to do so. I believe he has lost faith in us just as we have with him. You can be as 'excited' as you like by signing washed up 'has beens' but if the fans don't believe in you there is only one outcome. 

46 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It’s 4 that’s the concerning one for me. We have moved so far away from the Farke era and it feels like this summer will be another leap into a further change of style.

If it doesn’t go right we will need another complete rebuild. The lack of continuity the SD model was meant to bring is just so odd. Never thought I’d be looking at Russel Martin’s Swansea and pining.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Wagner has appealed several times for the fans to really get behind the team when we still had mathematical chances of the play offs. By and large the proletariat declined to do so. I believe he has lost faith in us just as we have with him. You can be as 'excited' as you like by signing washed up 'has beens' but if the fans don't believe in you there is only one outcome. 

Won’t quit though will he?

We heard the same about Smith. Perhaps the players are the problem?

Players not playing for him, unhappy camp etc, I mean.

Edited by Worthy Nigelton

He shouldn’t be here next season. He’s been a disastrous appointment and had more that enough time to show what he’s got. Warnock went into Huddersfield and has been a revelation with a struggling team. Wagner has shown absolutely nothing. Give a new manager the summer to bring new players In with a fresh start next season. If Wagner is here he will have to hit the ground running as like Smith before him, He has very little credit in the bank 

Edited by Virtual reality

8 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Our fans are some of the most passive in English football. Very rarely do they do anything but cheer on their team. It takes a hell of a lot to protest. Wagner has seen nothing but support inside that ground. He’d have been run out of town at other clubs already. 

• Like 2

Wagner hasnt shown anything to suggest he is the right man so far. Although I'm sure we all thought a little differently when he came in and we had a full squad to pick from.

I do think absolutely any manager struggled with Omo and Sorensen as a CB pairing.

I'm far from impressed but if he's done enough behind the scenes he will be given some time to have his own squad.

• Like 2

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Why aren’t we Watford?

We jest but we finished below them. 

• Like 1

I can't see why he can't command a bit of fight and desire. Even if the quality isn't there at least battle, take no prisoners, make the opposition glad to get off the pitch.

There's absolutely nothing.

In recent games everytime he makes substitutions we are worse. I'm struggling for any positives about him.

We even heard 'Farke on a horse' this afternoon FFS, it's ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Wagner hasnt shown anything to suggest he is the right man so far. Although I'm sure we all thought a little differently when he came in and we had a full squad to pick from.

I do think absolutely any manager struggled with Omo and Sorensen as a CB pairing.

I'm far from impressed but if he's done enough behind the scenes he will be given some time to have his own squad.

I don't think Wagner has any hope of getting any positive vibe next season given this half a season, no matter what happens.

The Summer is an opportunity to explore all the options for a manager without the limitations of trying to find someone mid-season and to go into next season completely fresh. First time ever I've had little doubt that a change of manager will be for the better.

The idea would should stick with Wagner & give him a pre-season as not doing so would be ‘harsh’ is absolute piffle. Now is the perfect time. This needs to be the REAL Project Restart. 

• Like 3

1 win in 11

no goals in 5 home games

no other manager would survive this

wtf should wagner?

oh. I forgot. He’s webbers mate

shambles

• Like 1