cambridgeshire canary

**official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Tangerines**

Well, a summer break from that sack of crap is the only thing I am happy about.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, alex_ncfc said:

How the f*ck are the players getting applauded?!

Because the players left out there at the moment are mainly youngsters. It's hardly their fault.

Just now, chicken said:

Because the players left out there at the moment are mainly youngsters. It's hardly their fault.

This... we ended the game with a whole bunch of inexperienced players taking the flack for poor direction by the club

Well, Webber is being interviewed by external media on 19th May, Connor Southwell has confirmed on the live thread today. Well something I suppose.

1 minute ago, chicken said:

So what? They are part of it too.

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Well, Webber is being interviewed by external media on 19th May, Connor Southwell has confirmed on the live thread today. Well something I suppose.

There's only one thing I want to hear from him. That aside, he can save his breath for his mountaineering.

OTBC

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

This... we ended the game with a whole bunch of inexperienced players taking the flack for poor direction by the club

I would say you could change "game" with "season" and it'd still be true. Most of the experienced players are out injured. I think I am right in saying - Hernandez (30), Pukki (33), Gunn and Giannoulis (27), and Sorensen (25), are the five oldest players that were on the pitch today. Pukki and Giannoulis were subbed off for McCallum and Kamara.

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

he should be sacked on the 9th of may 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

So what? They are part of it too.

How? A large number were signed seasons ago now, some as youngsters that have come through, some have been pressed into action probably more due to a lack of quality ahead of them, otherwise they'd have been out on loan. 

Well...i had City to finish 12-18th with 55-60 points finish...this was months ago amidst the long 7th place and better results...i never waivered from thinking that...unlike others who kept thinking week in week out that play offs was  a whisker away..so i was pretty darn close to my thinking.

Just hope the months ahead bring in a complete refresh of this squad of players...otherwise next season itll be mostly spent in bottom six, being realistic.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Last ten matches, 23rd in the form table. Like the man said, relegation form.

OTBC

Fair enough.

I think the only defence there is is the one Wagner has laid at the feet of Webber himself. That he hasn't really faced any decisions when it comes to picking players in that time. He's more or less been making obvious selections.

In fairness, he's not wrong is he? Which area on the pitch do you think there is enough genuine competition? Without Gibson and Hanley we are forced to play Sorensen there, and I'm doubtful he's good enough to start anywhere.

LB is probably as close as it gets with Giannoulis and McCallum. Perhaps Gunn Vs Krul. 

To not make the top six with the advantage of parachute payments, in a season when only 69 points was required, is just a disgrace. 

Don't see how Webber can survive and Wagner should be on thin ice too. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Fair enough.

I think the only defence there is is the one Wagner has laid at the feet of Webber himself. That he hasn't really faced any decisions when it comes to picking players in that time. He's more or less been making obvious selections.

In fairness, he's not wrong is he? Which area on the pitch do you think there is enough genuine competition? Without Gibson and Hanley we are forced to play Sorensen there, and I'm doubtful he's good enough to start anywhere.

LB is probably as close as it gets with Giannoulis and McCallum. Perhaps Gunn Vs Krul. 

Byram at CB to allow Sorensen to play DM would have been a better choice. Worth trying, at least. And this obsession with throwing on attackers when we're behind is just mindless. Unless he's trying to demonstrate "what am I supposed to do with this lot?"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

To not make the top six with the advantage of parachute payments, in a season when only 69 points was required, is just a disgrace. 

Any other club, their P45's would be on their desks as we speak. 

Indeed Robert. But I think Webber will survive. No-one is going to push him...aside from maybe Attanasio.

OTBC

• Like 1

Byram at CB to allow Sorensen to play DM would have been a better choice. Worth trying, at least. And this obsession with throwing on attackers when we're behind is just mindless. Unless he's trying to demonstrate "what am I supposed to do with this lot?"

Byram is being released. None of the other players, bar Pukki, who are being allowed to leave were on the bench either. Tbh, I would have rather given Hills a start. But we have seen what a lack of experience on the pitch gets you.

I think we had already accepted this game didn't mean much other than be a send off for Pukki. 

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Indeed Robert. But I think Webber will survive. No-one is going to push him...aside from maybe Attanasio.

OTBC

Well, if the takeover is close it's certainly not worth making any decisions like that until it's done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I did say around the mid point of the season, that we could regret not having made more changes last summer. Perhaps accepted that offer for Pukki, pushed the sale of Aarons, got what we could for Sinani, Hugill and Cantwell and refreshed more last summer.

Bar Pukki, what did hanging on to those players until January give us? Aarons for the season, as good or not as you think he has been? Byram could have been moved on too.

Two players short this season for me, a creative player and a CB. We did ok until injuries hit. No alternative to an injury prone Dowell. No third senior CB with experience. Only leaders injured.

20 minutes ago, chicken said:

Fair enough.

Management isn’t solely about picking teams though!   Where’s the fight, the energy, the passion?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Fully appreciate injuries haven't helped but Wagner has arguably now got us playing worse than under Smith

19 minutes ago, chicken said:

Byram is being released. None of the other players, bar Pukki, who are being allowed to leave were on the bench either. Tbh, I would have rather given Hills a start. But we have seen what a lack of experience on the pitch gets you.

I think we had already accepted this game didn't mean much other than be a send off for Pukki. 

Yeah, other than Pukki I couldn't care less who we picked today. I was talking about the games where we still had a shout at the playoffs. I completely accept that Wagner was very unlucky with the injuries to the CBs and to Kenny, who had become crucial to his system. But I think he's played a poor hand quite poorly. Certainly hasn't inspired a lot of confidence that he's the coach to rebuild us.

13 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Yeah, other than Pukki I couldn't care less who we picked today. I was talking about the games where we still had a shout at the playoffs. I completely accept that Wagner was very unlucky with the injuries to the CBs and to Kenny, who had become crucial to his system. But I think he's played a poor hand quite poorly. Certainly hasn't inspired a lot of confidence that he's the coach to rebuild us.

Yup. I'm not convinced many managers would have done a hell of a lot better. Byram wasn't fit to pick until recently.

Some could question letting more experienced players leave in Jan such as Sinani and Hugill. They may not have brought much to the team on the pitch but would they have helped the mental side? 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, chicken said:

Yup. I'm not convinced many managers would have done a hell of a lot better. Byram wasn't fit to pick until recently.

Some could question letting more experienced players leave in Jan such as Sinani and Hugill. They may not have brought much to the team on the pitch but would they have helped the mental side? 

I think if the answer is Hugill and Sinani then we are over reaching a bit (winking face emoji) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest apart from Gunn, who kept us in the game today, the rest can fcuk off.

I hate all of them.

• Like 1

As a natural pessimist my pre season prediction was 6th to 10th and we've finished short of that and have been quite lucky to even get close to that. If it wasn't for Smith's pragmatic tactics to luckily sh!1house our way to some early results and Wagners initial bounce when he came in we'd be near the bottom.

How we've gone from the side that last won the Championship to the mess that was on display today so quickly defies belief really. If it wasn't for Gunn we'd have lost 3-0 to a L1 side. What a thoroughly depressing end to an utterly miserable season. 

• Like 1

If you weren't at the game today you can't comprehend how bad that was.

The entire game was played against a backdrop of a hum of conversation of how **** we were. If it weren't for Teemu it would have been toxic. Sarcasm, ironic cheers, absolute derision at Idah, it really isn't a nice place to be.

Thank God I don't have to return untul August.

Wagner out.

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If you weren't at the game today you can't comprehend how bad that was.

The entire game was played against a backdrop of a hum of conversation of how **** we were. If it weren't for Teemu it would have been toxic. Sarcasm, ironic cheers, absolute derision at Idah, it really isn't a nice place to be.

Thank God I don't have to return untul August.

Wagner out.

Taking Idah with him?😂

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

Taking Idah with him?😂

I feel sorry for the lad, but he seems in an impossible position.

I haven't heard that level of derision for a long while.