Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Zoe's Boardroom notes ahead of Blackpool fixture

To be honest I can't fault anything she's written. She's hardly going to come out and say "Stewie hasn't been good enough - in the boardroom or the bedroom, 90% isn't enough. We're sending him on loan to Leeds, along with all the sh1t players he's signed and bringing back Farke, literally riding on a horse out of the tunnel."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"Keep supporting us and never question our positions, cheers"

I am struggling to see where it says anything remotely like that. 

• Like 1

At this point I'm fairly sure they could announce free season tickets for everyone and the majority would kick off about blindly cutting off a vital revenue stream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

At this point I'm fairly sure they could announce free season tickets for everyone and the majority would kick off about blindly cutting off a vital revenue stream.

Cambridge still wouldn’t go 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

To be fair that would be financially suicidal outside the Premier league 😉

Yeah if you were to predict what it is she was going to say, I expect this would be pretty much spot on. Confirms Stuart is going to make his usual statement - but not to whom. Two things I did think interesting;

Our intention is to come back stronger, and to mount a challenge for promotion playing football that is admired and cherished by our fanbase.

Could have said the aim for next season is to mount a promotion push; this puts extra pressure to ensure the style of football is good too. 

We are entering a new era and some of the focus will be on our young players as we prepare to establish and assemble another talented group.

Sounds like an emphasis on youth? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

this puts extra pressure to ensure the style of football is good too.

Which is a fair acknowledgement that the football hasn't been good enough. A positive sign. 

• Like 3

The problem is the focus has changed from disappointment with results to personal dislike and worse. Expect to see pictures of them with clown faces or even animal faces. Some of these 'critics' need to dehumanise their targets before they can go full venom.  

Seen it all before.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yeah if you were to predict what it is she was going to say, I expect this would be pretty much spot on. Confirms Stuart is going to make his usual statement - but not to whom. Two things I did think interesting;

Could have said the aim for next season is to mount a promotion push; this puts extra pressure to ensure the style of football is good too. 

Sounds like an emphasis on youth? 

Yea to be fair nothing she has said is unsurprising or controversial, but perhaps that’s because there’s little substance right now. It’s clear Webber will talk in more detail soon.

The two points you picked up on are interesting though for the exact reasons you say. They know supporters want a better style of football and are acknowledging that, although it invites greater pressure.

Youth players will continue to feature prominently. I’ve nothing against that personally, in fact surely we all want to see talent come through? as long as they get the experience mix right which it feels like it hasn’t been recently.

26 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Youth players will continue to feature prominently. I’ve nothing against that personally, in fact surely we all want to see talent come through? as long as they get the experience mix right which it feels like it hasn’t been recently.

Promoting the Youth because we have no money due to her Hubbie Pi$$ing it up the wall ,

I do not mind promoting youth and like to see Talent coming through 

but that statement to me sounds like Zoe is dressing it up a bit like its a plan instead of a forced measure due to someone spending all the money on players not good enough 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Promoting the Youth because we have no money due to her Hubbie Pi$$ing it up the wall ,

but that statement to me sounds like Zoe is dressing it up a bit like its a plan instead of a forced measure due to someone spending all the money on players not good enough 

I think she's just referring to the young players already in and around the first team. We've had our youngest starting eleven for recent games at this level anyway.

Looking forward to next season already. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I think she's just referring to the young players already in and around the first team. We've had our youngest starting eleven for recent games at this level anyway.

Looking forward to next season already. 

i am interested in what changes might happen before i get excited 

we have been at crossroads many times as a club it depends which road they take 

6 hours ago, Petriix said:

To be honest I can't fault anything she's written. She's hardly going to come out and say "Stewie hasn't been good enough - in the boardroom or the bedroom, 90% isn't enough. We're sending him on loan to Leeds, along with all the sh1t players he's signed and bringing back Farke, literally riding on a horse out of the tunnel."

I'm hoping that's because you think she doesn't want to spoil the surprise ... ?

Edited by Barham Blitz

Well that confirms Webber is going nowhere anytime soon.

Looking forward to hearing his thoughts and plans in the coming weeks (sounds like he's off on holiday).

Glad to hear the focus will be on promotion as ultimately that's what we all want.

She could have told us what Foulger has achieved since he sold his shares.

As she herself said she wouldnt be sitting here if it wasnt for Parachute Payments and we have mortgaged those I would expect her to write 'I resign.'

3 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

Highly questionable.

With Pukki, Dowell and Byram leaving and Hanley out until at least Christmas our squad is incredibly young.

Krul is 34, Gunn is 27 as is Giannoulis. Hanley is 31, Gibson 30, McLean 31, Hernandez is 30, Sorensen is 25. Unless I am mistaken, that is now every player we have under contract that is older than 23. Every other player is 23 and younger.

If we are not focusing on youth, and if the club said that, you'd assume that we'd be selling a lot of our younger players off.

why release info about stuarts media now? makes me me think there doing external media this year

Didn't Zoe mention the new pool at Colney?.....Due to our current financial restraints the Club has had to reassess the type of pool to be installed....although a few of the squad seem to be ok with it.....

Staff at Bury skip hire company cool down by turning skip into swimming  pool - Manchester Evening News

• Haha 1

Wish she would control her stupid husband

"following this season's dross I have decided to hold stu to ransom in the bedroom. I assured him no more sex unless we do the double on ipswich and get promoted. If you see him blue balling about, call him Neil Warnock, as that's the only action he will be getting until we go back up. Rest assured when he tells me he's getting a Brazilian he actually does mean a footballer. Zoe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

The problem is the focus has changed from disappointment with results to personal dislike and worse. Expect to see pictures of them with clown faces or even animal faces. Some of these 'critics' need to dehumanise their targets before they can go full venom.  

Seen it all before.

Hope that’s not the case. 

The animals deserve better than that for one thing 😂

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, tsj1999 said:

why release info about stuarts media now? makes me me think there doing external media this year

Not a chance. Like Michael Bubble in November Alice Piper comes out of hibernation this time of year. 

2 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Not a chance. Like Michael Bubble in November Alice Piper comes out of hibernation this time of year. 

wouldnt shock me if bailey, gorham, etc got webber. the club arent idiots

31 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Hope that’s not the case. 

The animals deserve better than that for one thing 😂

It's always the case. The kindest thing would be for the animals to be put down...

28 minutes ago, tsj1999 said:

wouldnt shock me if bailey, gorham, etc got webber. the club arent idiots

Webber in Davitt's spare room then...

Unfortunately no indication of how we will facilitate the massive improvements required next season to achieve promotion. 

That I fear is because it’s going to rely on luck, luck and more luck.