Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

Teemu's final game

It's tragic that Teemu's final game is likely to be played in such a toxic atmosphere. No one is going to win over this. Not Teemu, because his final game is going to be tainted. Not the fans, because in the circumstances they can't express their anger at two dreadful seasons in a row. And ultimately not the club, because it will allow the people at the top to remain in their bunker and continue as if nothing has gone wrong.

If they produce another of those in-house 'interviews' and imagine that a bit of PR bullsh*t can paper over the cracks, we can probably wipe out next season as well before it even starts.
  • Thanks 1

May as well focus our energy on supporting Teemu as far as I'm concerned. No matter how hostile the atmosphere around the club/hierarchy, there will be no more opportunities for protesting and chanting until August. There are so many cogs turning behind the scenes right now, I'll be putting all my energy into supporting the team and one of our best ever strikers, then we can more adequately assess the lay of the land in the new season.

Let's face it, everyone (including the hierarchy at the club) knows the last two seasons have been crap, and there will no doubt be a lot of changes in the next three months.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:
It's tragic that Teemu's final game is likely to be played in such a toxic atmosphere. No one is going to win over this. Not Teemu, because his final game is going to be tainted. Not the fans, because in the circumstances they can't express their anger at two dreadful seasons in a row. And ultimately not the club, because it will allow the people at the top to remain in their bunker and continue as if nothing has gone wrong.

If they produce another of those in-house 'interviews' and imagine that a bit of PR bullsh*t can paper over the cracks, we can probably wipe out next season as well before it even starts.

It's very unfortunate  it's Pukkis last game. I'm very upset 😡 it had to be in this potential  of a toxic atmosphere.  AS , I said on another thread , start him and take him off 5 minutes after half time , with everybody cheering and clapping him. 

Thereafter the crowd can show their appreciation towards the directors  box whatever way they choose. It could be easy for them, it could be toxic  it could become very embarrassing.  

Thank you Pukki. 😊 good luck. Your better out of this place to be honest

22 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

This season hasn't been dreadful. It was just a bit meh and not what we've had for a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The season is done, the disappointment is well known, and the management are aware of the discord, and know how vital the transfer window is. That's all been well communicated recently. In my eyes there's no need to ruin Teemus last game, if things are still **** at the start of next season then fair enough, let it be known. 

34 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

May as well focus our energy on supporting Teemu as far as I'm concerned. No matter how hostile the atmosphere around the club/hierarchy

Maybe I'm being incredibly naïve, but I don't really foresee a hostile situation - I can imagine a few round the front protesting an hour before kick-off.  But I don't know anyone who's going to the match to be hostile in the ground, towards the team or anything like that, and not seen anyone posting here of that nature either.

There were some mitigating circumstances in the final months due to major injuries, and we know a majority take over is in the works.  I think most supporters are feeling low at the circumstances we find ourselves in than vehemently angry and hostile - could be wrong, though.

It very much depends on what comes out between now and the final game - will the club make any comment, will it be radio silence, what is Zoe going to put in her notes, will the pinkun put a little headline boot in?  Few factors there I think.

• Like 1

It won't be toxic, a few Webber outs from The Barclay and a bit of tutting and tsking from the City Stand.

Teemu will get a good send off

20 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It won't be toxic, a few Webber outs from The Barclay and a bit of tutting and tsking from the City Stand.

Teemu will get a good send off

Hope you're right. I'm not imagining the whole stadium will be hostile, but I think the Barclay/Snakepit might get pretty rowdy. 

49 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Hope you're right. I'm not imagining the whole stadium will be hostile, but I think the Barclay/Snakepit might get pretty rowdy. 

That’d be the first time for several years - it’s a shame we can’t rouse ourselves to support the club ‘rowdily’ but can to moan about them! 

It will be a non event, a few anti Ipswich songs, pro Teemu and that's it.

If Blackpool rinse us it will become toxic make no mistake about that.

Teemu’s Last Dance… ahhh what a guy. 

As we enter a brave new world without the heroic Finn who looks like a stoner. 

I’ll weep a solitary tear 

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Blackpool rinse us it will become toxic make no mistake about that.

This

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

This season hasn't been dreadful. It was just a bit meh and not what we've had for a while.

It's been pretty dreadful.

If you compare where we've finished to where the majority of bookies/pundits/fans expected us to finish, it's been one of the worst seasons for a long, long time.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

You will next season.......

Ah yeh, Pukki has set the world alight this year. We will miss his goals in the Prem next season after he single handedly drove us to automatic promotion this year.......

Oh.....
Wait.....
image.thumb.png.6252bb2c81dde422b0deb7752f9afe47.png

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Ah yeh, Pukki has set the world alight this year. We will miss his goals in the Prem next season after he single handedly drove us to automatic promotion this year.......

Oh.....
Wait.....

You really don't understand his game do you?

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Oh.....
Wait.....

How many of those 42 appearances were starts, compared to Sargent? Even so he contributed to 18 of our goals which is more than Sargent.

19 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

You really don't understand his game do you?

Not in the slightest no.

Do you fish? 

11 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

How many of those 42 appearances were starts, compared to Sargent? Even so he contributed to 18 of our goals which is more than Sargent.

Stats don't lie.

Don't make me turn this into an xG thread 

3 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Stats don't lie.

Don't make me turn this into an xG thread 

Stats do lie, if you compare 10 minute substitute appearances with a full game.

Why on earth is there a Sargent vs Pukki debate?

They've both played a similar amount of minutes.

Sargent has played half of his games out of position.

We've not played to Pukki's strengths.

They've both been hamstrung pretty significantly in terms of their numbers this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Stats do lie, if you compare 10 minute substitute appearances with a full game.

Stats don't lie.

Dean Smith would have got us promotion as we won every xG with him in charge.

An appearance is an appearance doesn't matter if it was 5 mins or 95 mins.

Look at Brentford they use the money ball approach.

Stats don't lie 

Do you always write bollox in. Ode. You have more chances to score if you’re on the pitch for 90 minutes rather than 10. Simples..

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Do you always write bollox in. Ode. You have more chances to score if you’re on the pitch for 90 minutes rather than 10. Simples..

In. Ode???

Who's writing bollox.

Stats don't lie. 

If you appear and score a goal it doesn't matter if you played for 90 or 5 mins

Simples dip sh1t.

It'll be fine. People have accepted this season now and we should all be behind one of our greatest ever players in his final game. Hopefully the sun shines.