Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

Dowell, Byram and McGovern leaving

6 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Club loyalty is one thing but as far as I am concerned McGovern has just been taking the p***S.
42 appearances in 7years.
Bloody disgraceful Apart from having to get up in the morning and go to the gym to keep fit,what the hell has he achieved in 7 years.He might as well have been on the dole

Is this supposed to be a serious post? 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Shame re Dowell for me, but imagine he was on good wages.

Also in way with Byram, you just know he'll sign for a club in the Championship and play 46 f*cking consecutive games

While it’s annoying it’s always a possibility, he’s a risky signing but if he can be kept fit he’s a quality player. I think it makes sense for us to not be the club taking that risk though.

Hayden going back to Newcastle, biggest disappointment of the season for me (his injury record/performances, not that he's gone back!).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Incredible work, really.  Imagine getting free access to the club facilities, training, prepared food plans, canteen AND getting paid a fortnight what many earn in a year for for it.

It's hard to be mad at him really, living the dream.

As I said 'taking the p**s'

Some decent wages off the wage bill - a couple of players who on their day are more than good enough for top end championship - but spend most of the season on the treatment table, unfortunate I know but that's the brunt of it... Wish them both well on their future endeavors. 

McGovern will be using his Zimmer frame next year so no loss, time to just trust a kid can step up if needed (barden) 

Martin and sinani? Meh good luck to them both, league one careers for them both I reckon 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

19 minutes ago, repman said:

By leaving it so late we lost all our negotiating power as well. Considering that when fit under Wagner he started every game and we also have no similar profile to him in the squad he would've had as good a guarantee of a first team place as you can give.

Christ.

You don't know when the negotiations were conducted.

Not read this before (from here) :

Kieran Dowell looks set to be headed for Rangers this summer.

But while he will soon exit Norwich in the coming months, their manager appears to have taken a thinly-veiled dig at some of the players leaving Carrow Road.  David Wagner admits Norwich's outgoing stars may not have the right balance of "potential and quality."

And this could well be a swipe aimed at Dowell, who is expected to pen a deal with Michael Beale's side at the end of the season.

Is there any player in the history of Norwich with a lower profile than Daniel Sinani?

If Huddersfield went up last year he would have been a premier league player this year instead he is a footnote on our released players list.

Personally thought he looked quite good at the start of this season. Yes not a world beater or anything but considering he has had 3/4 years as a professional footballer his trajectory maybe different to others.

In my opinion he would have been more use than the player who ho has played the last ten games on the right who claims to have been on loan from Arsenal.

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Christ.

You don't know when the negotiations were conducted.

No, I don't know the exact dates you're correct.

Michael Bailey did write in January in the Athletic that Dowell's representatives had spoken to other clubs should Norwich not make him an offer.

That hardly sounds like he was already out the door.

50 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Of course.
Do you have a problem with that.

Coming from somebody who has just posted this 'Wagner's successful Huddersfield side was full of young athletic players and if we can emulate that, it could be an exciting season.  Mumba and Rowe, fit that criteria. I don't know if these next two will stay, but if we can get Sargent and Tzolis to fulfil their potential too, we don't need all that many new players to think we have a real team.'

Edited by Grumpy

All makes sense to me. Dowell is a bit disappointing, but at the same time he hasn’t done enough over his time here IMO.

So thats Pukki, Dowell, Martin, Sinani, McGovern and Byram plus two loanees Hayden and Marquinhos...8 players out the door already and perhaps 1 or 2 more possibles such as Max, Omo etc being transfered. Not sure how many  such as Mumba and Tomkinson are returning and how many of those would even be regulars in next season's squad but sure  feels like quite a few team positions are needed to be filled for next season.

Bring on the Summer transfer window and with it all its craziness, rumours and fun.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

2022 Active Roster

Player (33)Pos.Weekly Salary

Michael McGovernGK£17,000

Louis ThompsonM£15,000

Jacob Lungi SörensenM£10,000

Kieran DowellM£7,500

55 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Of course.
Do you have a problem with that.

Yes. Dissing a professional footballer for being a professional footballer is harsh. Every club at our level needs a third goalkeeper and to have an experienced back up in case of need is necessary - he is an important member of the goalkeeping team at the club. And he was needed several times. Much better to have someone like McGovern than a young keeper who never gets a game who would be better out on loan.  Or would you rather we went with two goalkeepers and then had no-one to take their place if both injured at the same time?

2 hours ago, repman said:

Not to say he's irreplaceable but letting Dowell walk for free when he's 25 years old and clearly good enough for this league is a mistake. As good a sign as any that the club hasn't been at its sharpest recently.

Dowell doesn't want to be here any longer is the word, doesn't matter what we offer him if he's reached that conclusion

25 minutes ago, Mengo said:

2022 Active Roster

Player (33)Pos.Weekly Salary

Michael McGovernGK£17,000

Louis ThompsonM£15,000

Jacob Lungi SörensenM£10,000

Kieran DowellM£7,500

I too can pull numbers out of the sky. 

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Not read this before (from here) :

Kieran Dowell looks set to be headed for Rangers this summer.

But while he will soon exit Norwich in the coming months, their manager appears to have taken a thinly-veiled dig at some of the players leaving Carrow Road.  David Wagner admits Norwich's outgoing stars may not have the right balance of "potential and quality."

And this could well be a swipe aimed at Dowell, who is expected to pen a deal with Michael Beale's side at the end of the season.

That feels like a reach?

2 hours ago, Grumpy said:

Club loyalty is one thing but as far as I am concerned McGovern has just been taking the p***S.
42 appearances in 7years.
Bloody disgraceful Apart from having to get up in the morning and go to the gym to keep fit,what the hell has he achieved in 7 years.He might as well have been on the dole

He's a 3rd choice keeper? How many games were you expecting him to play?

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

What did you go for?

Had 500 points to claim and felt like a cheapskate after paying a 3 grand bill so just a 6 inch meatball with all the trimmings.

Just now, Tetteys Jig said:

Had 500 points to claim and felt like a cheapskate after paying a 3 grand bill so just a 6 inch meatball with all the trimmings.

BUT WHICH BREAD WAS IT ON?!?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Hayden going back to Newcastle, biggest disappointment of the season for me (his injury record/performances, not that he's gone back!).

Absolutely. Can’t accuse the club of skimping out on trying to sort DM. Hayden as bonafide a DM as it gets.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

BUT WHICH BREAD WAS IT ON?!?

Surprised you even had to ask! Italian herbs and cheese of course!

1 minute ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Surprised you even had to ask! Italian herbs and cheese of course!

Good man - Toasted and Jalapeños part of the trimmings too I hope?

Steak and cheese toasted on hearty Italian with the chipotle/southwest sauce is my go to. Damn that's making me hungry.

• Like 1

I reckon they think Nunez and Gibbs will basically take on Dowell's position, and possibly even Tzolis. Looks to me that they're focusing on speed down the wings to help the press and instead of a big unit like Sargent being a fish out of water on the wing (much to our dismay every time we see him or Idah there in the line-up) the long raking diagonal to a speedster is going to be a planned counter-attacking weapon of choice.

Not hard to see why Byram went, I wish him well. McGovern surprised me, maybe he wanted to go back home? Does open up the question of how the young goalies are developing.

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Well. This is unexpected.

Byram has played more minutes than Dowell.

Dowell's 2922 to Byram's 3399.

Surprising.

That's amazing if true. Knew Dowell had missed a lot of football but would never have had him down as playing less than Byram. I guess Byram had an extra season here. And Dowell probably made more of an eye-catching impact in those minutes (partly due to his being an attacking player). I'm very sorry to see him go because I really enjoyed watching him, but given how rarely he's actually been on the field hopefully it won't be too big a loss.