Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Gabriel Sara; Player of the season award 🏆

I think the POTS votes often go to the players that have created excitement throughout the season, or the most obviously-positive contribution.

I'd suggest Sara's win is a result of that. Aside from him it's a mix of 'diligently stuck to their post' picks like Aarons and McLean.

Keepers are an odd one in that, for example with Angus, he's done individually well but it hasn't really done anything to affect the course of the season. Thereby it seems less of a contribution that a swiveling Brazilian volley (despite that also not making much difference to the season outcome either)

Great another one we can add to the list of players of the season sold 😂 

congrats to him. Not the right player for this for me but like any election the masses must be correct 😂😂

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Max was my choice.

Thank goodness some one else thought that . Mine too. 

The argument that it was Max’ worst season for us is bizarre. He was still a regular , stand out performer in my opinion. His “worst” was still better than anyone else all things considered. Kenny  a close second . 

By comparison Sara was patchy with a half decent run in the last quarter . 
Still- it’s all about opinions . 

He's been pretty decent. Good on him. 

I heard that he is nicely settled in Norfolk now. Fingers crossed we hold onto him

3 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

I voted for Kenny. Thought he was the most consistent we had throughout the season. Disappointed for him

......but he did easily stroll the Pink'Un Moaning Bar Stewards' "Scapegoat of the Season" award 😏

It's interesting that the latest links of player sales do not include Sara. Now he's won POTS! Maybe we are re-building around him. 

But like others, given discussion on here I am surprised by the result and also why it is not revealed on Monday. Odd.

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Feels harsh on Angus to not be top three. I thought he’s got better and better this season.

Agreed he seems to have got better as the season progressed, but it seems to correspond with the team getting worse. Feels like we had better results with Krul in the team, although Gunn played better

• Like 1

A midfielder that can actually do something in the final third, head and shoulders above the rest and like a few have said played in a midfield that was missing another two/ three players who actually could play the positions they were in. If, and that’s a massive , yellow and green, sell your best players to stand still, if, we retain him if, he could be as pivotal to Norwich as Emi was ( second season, used to the tempo etc). That’s about the most positive I have felt posting about us for a long time. If we sell him after one season, that’s pretty much like saying we want League 1 football.

You can see why in a better team Sara would be able to play lower league  team in top division 

With better midfield players around him i am sure he would be better hard to turn on the magic every game if you have little help 

Edited by norfolkngood

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

It's interesting that the latest links of player sales do not include Sara. Now he's won POTS! Maybe we are re-building around him. 

But like others, given discussion on here I am surprised by the result and also why it is not revealed on Monday. Odd.

Perhaps the board felt that his CV needed a bump for marketing purposes ...

Edited by Barham Blitz
  • Haha 1

I guess he got the votes from those who were singing his name at games before he even got onto the pitch. I don't think he deserved it. I would say Kenny. But I would say Max is the best player in the Club but didn't quite find his usual consistency but in a poor team of course.

Angus Gunn should have got it , just for the times he saved us from a thrashing , Sara has been on and off form not consistent 

18 hours ago, Petriix said:

Apparently quite unusually for me, I actually agree with the majority here. Sara has acquitted himself well in my opinion and generally shows a bit more quality than those around him. Unfortunately he's spent the latter part of the season basically playing on his own in midfield while Wagner has persevered with four strikers/wingers and a CDM who spends most of his time as a third centre back. With a bit more balance I think Sara will shine.

Good balanced 📫👌 remembering that he was recovering from a bad injury and did not really start end, sept/Oct. Settled into a new country and already has a decent grip of the language. He undoubtedly has that little bit extra quality and when played in the correct position, he stands out . Inconsistencies are endemic throughout the team. It's a disease that runs through Norwich City. Nobody  can be the same level every week, that is nonsense talk. It's good to see the majority of Norwich fans voted for him. If we can hold onto him and a couple of decent injury free players DM,. Please . He will be even better. He is a winner and can score some beautiful goals. Also a player who is more than capable of running the show

Well done Gabi 👏 ✔️ 🇧🇷  , Muito bem meu amigo, você é uma estrela.

Parabens 💯💥😉👍