Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Gabriel Sara; Player of the season award 🏆

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

Was this voted for by the fans?

Yes. Kenny second, Max third. 

• Thanks 1

A few could have got it this year - no-one really stood out. McLean was in the running, I'd say Angus Gunn should have been in the mix.

Sara's blown hot and cold but has shown glimpses of being a box-to-box powerhouse that we need. Hopefully this spurs him on to push even harder. He's certainly deserved to be in the mix for this, but I personally thought he had been too inconsistent to get it. Still, what do I know?

Max feels an odd choice for 3rd. Like him as a player but this has probably been his worst season with us. 

• Like 1

Fans just couldn't bring themselves to vote for Kenny!

Well done Gabbi a great achievement for your first season.

He'll almost certainly be off now...

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

Max feels an odd choice for 3rd. Like him as a player but this has probably been his worst season with us. 

Disagree. He was my choice. Just about the only player who has played consistently throughout the season. Expectations of him are always higher than many other players because of his previous performances.

18 minutes ago, king canary said:

It's possible that this is true and that he was our third best player this season, which is a depressing thought.

• Like 3

Sara has a lot of potential but for me needs to improve his consistency. Gives the ball away quite a bit - like the rest of them. When you take in to account how the side has fallen apart since the injuries to Hanley and Kenny plus the latter is more of a leader, then Kenny deserves it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, king canary said:

Possibly true, but equally one of the few who has consistently shown fight and passion which is what the fans like

57 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why do they now announce this in advance, rather than on the pitch before the final game?

• Like 1

Kenny was robbed don’t understand the love for Max he should be supplying more goals and assists but his output is terrible in that regard.

• Like 1

Apparently quite unusually for me, I actually agree with the majority here. Sara has acquitted himself well in my opinion and generally shows a bit more quality than those around him. Unfortunately he's spent the latter part of the season basically playing on his own in midfield while Wagner has persevered with four strikers/wingers and a CDM who spends most of his time as a third centre back. With a bit more balance I think Sara will shine.

I think Sara won this because of the timing of the voting, which was early April. 

He was excellent from mid-January to early April, but extremely inconsistent for the rest of the season, and the voting period coincided with the end of his hot streak which may have skewed it in his favour.

I voted for Kenny, and would've had Sara as my second choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

Why do they now announce this in advance, rather than on the pitch before the final game?

I'd much prefer it on the pitch too, don't get why it's done ahead like this either.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Well that's an odd pick to be blunt.

Kenny probably.

It wasn't a pick, it was voted for by the fans.

When it comes down to it Kenny gets moaned about on here a lot more than Sara does so I'm not unduly surprised at all. Plus Gabriel has his own song...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It's possible that this is true and that he was our third best player this season, which is a depressing thought.

This was my first thought to KC's post as well... I think you probably could throw Gunn up there with the top 3, and maybe Hernandez. But neither of those two have been consistently in the team like Aarons has. And after those 5, well.... maybe Hanley...? I'm all out now...

This suggests to me that the fans are crying out for a little bit of magic, and Sara is the only one who has provided any at all this season.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Feels harsh on Angus to not be top three. I thought he’s got better and better this season.