Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Blackpool.. Day at the beach or nothing game?

Anybody have any predictions? Has to be one of the more depressing matches for both us and Blackpool fans. We are playing the last match of an awful season having not won in ten, meanwhile Blackpool have just been relegated and also don't have anything to play for other than pride. I would say that this situation could make an interesting game.. But I would probably be lying.

A 5-1 like in the 1971-72 season in the sun would be very nice. Or maybe it just get people even more riled!

Pukki's last game. Possibly Max's, as well?

Definitely Hayden's, Marquinhos' and Byram's.

If Krul makes a substitute appearance, we'll know he's off.

We may as well cheerfully chant "Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio" all game.

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Pukki's last game. Possibly Max's, as well?

Definitely Hayden's, Marquinhos' and Byram's.

If Krul makes a substitute appearance, we'll know he's off.

We may as well cheerfully chant "Cheerio, cheerio, cheerio" all game.

And with nothing to play for I certainly wouldn't start Hayden or Marquinhos. Maybe time o give Hill a game to see how he gets on, and Tzolis & Rowe to start on the wings (assuming Hernandez is still injured)

• Like 1

Against Blackpool it's the Big One.....Or then maybe not?......Dodgems an' Candy Floss......

It's a nothing game unfortunately....Maybe treat it as a 23/24 pre-pre season game an play those who might be here come August....

Pub after, an' that's about it.....

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

A 5-1 like in the 1971-72 season in the sun would be very nice. Or maybe it just get people even more riled!

I was at that game (very young) and remember the Paddon goal really well from my view in the South Stand on a stool my dad made. He became a favourite player.

Likewise I recall a great away match at Blackpool when Wes was playing for them (we won 1-3). I said to my young son then that it would be great to have that kind of player at Carrow Road. Roeder did the one good thing and bought him only a few months later.

The day that Rowe finds his form from last season, Tzolis shows his full potential and Pukki scores a hattrick in a 6-0 thumping........sods law isn't it?

No team has anything to play for, the pressure will be off. Comfortable win for city 4-1

Blackpool's norwich born ex trainee Carey to either score or try too hard and get sent off!

58 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I was at that game (very young) and remember the Paddon goal really well from my view in the South Stand on a stool my dad made. He became a favourite player.

Absolutely exactly the same with me. 😀

• Like 1

Just the end to what has been, for quite a few fans it seems, a very disapointing season, but to me predictable mid table finish.  After a few crazy seasons of constant yo-yoing i sensed this would be the start of a spell in the Champs for the club, a bit like Stoke, Middlesbro etc who  did not find a way for immediate return back to the Prem.

The result of the Blackpool game is almost of no concern, its just a final hoorah for Teemu and as already said, bye bye to a number of other players, the extent of which will only be known in the coming months.

Perhaps to, many fans are now  with more open eyes and far from expecting us to walk this division next season...and with the possible scenario that Luton may be going up and replaced with some clubs with the calibre of Everton or Leicester...even Soton or Leeds..its going to feel way different to how expectations were at Summer last year.

For the first time ever im not bothered going to the last game of the season. You know we will contrive away to lose to Blackpool

Edited by overthebordercanary
spelling mistake

1 minute ago, overthebordercanary said:

For the first time ever im not bothered going to the last game of the season. You know we will contrive away to lose to Blackpool

I wouldn’t go if it was free padded seats, a free bar and a chance to meet the boardroom members for nibbles and a chin wag. We have been dog **** this season, I’d sooner be working. 

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I wouldn’t go if it was free padded seats, a free bar and a chance to meet the boardroom members for nibbles and a chin wag. We have been dog **** this season, I’d sooner be working. 

It's a bank holiday, you can't even have that as an excuse lol

2 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

It's a bank holiday, you can't even have that as an excuse lol

I’m working, we don’t all do Monday to Friday standard shifts. 

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Is Trybull still there ?

Yep. Had an injury a month ago, but has returned to the starting line up. Sonny Carey, ex'Lynn, is also one of their main threats (?)