Sign in to follow this  
ca

Club statement on NCISA Meeting

i hate to say  i think ncsia will sell us down the river, i think some one from worthy out  should have been invited along to the meeting as  well . otbc 

[quote user="uncle joe"]i hate to say  i think ncsia will sell us down the river, i think some one from worthy out  should have been invited along to the meeting as  well . otbc [/quote]

But the WO campaign only protest in favourable conditions, if theres a possibility that the numbers will dwindle they call a ''truce''.

i disagree a load of sheet, standing in sub-zero temperatures in the snow is hardly a favourbale condition, nor is attending a meeting in sub zero temperatures on a thursday night as so many did at St Andrews Hall, nor is watching a poor first half against Leeds where we were lucky not to go in with the game already gone at half time

Kathy,

Will you be reporting back to us what happened at your meeting as promised?

Kathy,

Ive found the summary of your meeting on your website, what I meant to say was, can we have your opinion of how the meeting went and what you think was achieved.

Thanks

You can read the NCISA report of the meeting on the website www.ncisa.co.uk .

My own view of it is mixed really. I took with me a long list of gripes and suggestions that I had coddled together from emails, message boards and chats down the pub.  Give them their due they listened to each one and answered each one but I got the impression they had heard them all a hundred times before and were providing stock answers. As there wasn’t time for me to go through the whole lot I have itemised each one (during my lunch hour!) and intend to send them as a report to Neil Doncaster for him to comment on. In my experience he is very good at this and answers each individual point very thoroughly (ex solicitor and all that). Most of the talking was done by Kevin Platt which surprised me a little. They treated us with respect and although the meeting overran they didn’t seem anxious to get us out of the door even though the reserve match had started.

Some answers I did get for posters:

there''s only one Dean Coney

Joined on 09/06/2005
Posts 581

Re: NCISA Meeting On Monday

can someone please please please raise the issue of lack of quality football (rather than protests being all about results)

Champions elect

Nigel Worthington has always wanted City to pass the ball but once those players cross the line its down to them. He can only tell them how he wants them to play.

Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Joined on 06/01/2004
Norwich
Posts 2,241

Please could someone mention the low standards Nigel seems to be accepting.  In his post match interviews at Plymouth and Hull after disappointing draws, Nigel said he was happy with the performance and result.  I wish he would be of the mindset that that was not good enough and we have to improve.  Against Stoke he talked of grinding a result out.  He should be of the mindset that we are happy with the result but are going to need to play a hell of a lot better than that to acheive promotion. 

As an employer, Nigel is unwilling to criticize his players in public. What he says on the radio is often completely different to what is said behind closed doors. If they have played badly he tells them so in no uncertain terms.

baldyboy

Joined on 19/10/2003
Posts 176

thanks kathy, can you ask why there is a lack of youth policy at norwich with the manager preferring to pay high wages to poor loanees who are here just for the pay cheque, where the younger players would give their all for a couple of games in the first team.

The loan system is there to be used. Other clubs are exploiting it so why shouldn’t we? Some loans have worked out (Huckerby, Crouch) others haven’t (quite a long list here I would say!) The youth system is still recovering from the seasons where we had to do without it (1998 I believe)/ There are some good young players coming through but at this present time Nigel considers putting them in at the deep end would be counter productive and there would be too much pressure on them. (I have to say that at this point I didn’t agree with them and said so, but this isn’t about what I think so I wont go into that). Danny Crow – Nigel had to make a decision as he has often had to do in the past.

Trent Canary

Joined on 15/11/2005
Norwich/Nottingham
Posts 684

Kathy - Anything to do with the central midfield, the wings, and players constantly being played out of position.

Everyone is aware that the midfield area needs addressing particularly on the right side. Players are usually only played out of position when injuries dictate.

ridgeman

Joined on 12/04/2004
Posts 224

I would like to know why we buy one of the smallest strikers in the division and then play hoofball and also how long do we have to endure Worthingtons favouritism it cost us our Premiership place last season. We were told Helveg is not fit enough to play for Norwich yet he was fit enough to captain his national side. Holt was preferred to Saffri, Bentley was dropped for a training ground incident etc etc etc.

Hoofing the ball up is not what is taught on the training ground. Anyone can go down to Colney to see for themselves. The boards view is that Earnshaw has not been bought as the main striker more someone to play off another target man probably MacKenzie.

I’m afraid I didnt get round to asking about the favouritism bit as there were nine others asking questions too and I couldn’t monopolise the evening. I have however asked this and lots of other points in a written summary to Neil Doncaster.

I have to say that I felt better coming away from the meeting than I did before. They said it didn’t take demonstrations and public meetings to make them aware of just how unhappy fans are at the moment. They also said if it came to it they would not shirk from sacking the manager if they thought the time had come, and do you know I really believed them. I suppose it’s the difference between when THEY think the time has come, and WE think the time has come.

And isnt that what all this about really when you think of it.

Thankyou Kathy for your views and opinions, your time spent writing them up for us is much appreciated by us.

dear kathy   dont know where you get your info from but have spoken to worthy outter  this evening & was told they havent got a meeting with the board at all . the reason i said have we been sold down the river , i  just dont  trust  some of the  committee as they to close to the board  respects on the ball city

can''t you give it a rest squit. we all have our opinions and are entitled to make them how we see fit. I choose  to protest when i see fit.This home game i am backing the team, not because roy blower and his merry men said so, not because the worthy out team said so, BUT because I said so..............I  would love to see warnock fall flat on his face..................................COME ON CITYp.s WORTHY OUT

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]i disagree a load of sheet, standing in sub-zero temperatures in the snow is hardly a favourbale condition, nor is attending a meeting in sub zero temperatures on a thursday night as so many did at St Andrews Hall, nor is watching a poor first half against Leeds where we were lucky not to go in with the game already gone at half time[/quote]

Sorry, I''ll keep it simple for you.

Favourable conditions = Organising a demo after a 4-0 defeat, means you''ll get a few more people.

Unfavourable conditions = A demo after an away draw and a perceived improved performance, means that the numbers will be down.

To save face they''ve called a ''truce'' even though the manager is still there, this strikes me that the WO campaigners are just a bunch of opportunists, if theres another defeat they''ll be back on the streets.

Seems you could be right , load of squit!

Presumeable if we beat Sheffield Utd we could be stuck with him for ever, now thats something to look forward to isnt it?.

I''m personally very dissappointed with Mr Blowers and the Worthy Out campaigner''s change of heart re the protests this Saturday.

Kathy... can you tell us where you got that from..  worthyout.co.uk haven''t arranged and thing to meet with the club .. I hve no doubts we would like to

cityangel

all the way through this board on various threads you persistently ask kathy questions - what his her view on this, and not NCISA''s. This whole thread gives a prime example of this, and then you criticise Mr Blowers. On what basis does that criticism happen, becasue to the best of my knowledge you havent explained why you are disappointed in any thread. It just seems really strange, almost personal from where I am sitting

[quote user="kennyfoggo"]Kathy... can you tell us where you got that from..  worthyout.co.uk haven''t arranged and thing to meet with the club .. I hve no doubts we would like to[/quote]

Roger Munby Monday night.

Rossi,

I think I''ve asked Kathy one question in this thread and that was for her opinion of the meeting. Reason I ask her is because she is a regular poster on here and her opinions, views and newspaper articles have recently  summed up how I was feeling.

Therefore I was interested to hear her own personal views of the meeting rather than the NCISAs, if that ok with you of course.

i totally agree cityangel, i always have found kathy''s post very informative, even though i disagree with some issues i alsways understand where she is coming from. the only reason why i wrote what i did is because you only seem to post on ncisa based topics.

Probably because they''ve been in the news a bit lately Rossi !