Webber out should be written in CAPS on those bedsheets. That’s a reasonable request/protest right now. 

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Yes. Him. He was a right laugh at times, very passionate about his subject. I think he ran a group about progressive rock too.

He was good but never my teacher.

Prog rock would fit with Van Der Graaf Generator. Best shindig I've been to at the Andrews...

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Bumphrey - I remember him well. He had a go at me one day for wearing an NCFC hat on my way to School. Mum went and handbagged him Maggie Thatcher style.

It’s glass paper , if you want sand paper I’ll give you some paper and glue then you can go to one of the sand pits on the playing field!

Other favourite was telling me to wear a hair net so it didn’t get tangled in the pillar drill.

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

There were up until the 5th form. It was there we were seperated into a class of 12.

I was in Chrome Barry. And it was Mr Bumphrey who threw the chisel. Bloke couldn't even say chisel properly...

Never been back.

I have friends at Still On The Ball who would probably have been in your year. They loved it. Me not so much...

Bumphrey was a sadist. Neddy Carter was a dirty old man. Ted Gyte was Sean Bean. Dawes was a weirdo. Jake Fitch was the only one I had time for.

I was in Parker. Played rugby. Smoked in the bogs by the metalwork shop and played fives in the courts by the gym.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

There was a history teacher, I think called Barlow, who took us all to St Andrews Hall to see Van Der Graaf Generator.

Barlow played in a band.

28 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

He was good but never my teacher.

Prog rock would fit with Van Der Graaf Generator. Best shindig I've been to at the Andrews...

No. Geno Washington was the best at St Andrews. He spent enough time there.

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Thinking about it...

Maybe it is a bit sinister?

Well it's plausible and with your hidden agenda, accusations and attempts to discredit posters....especially those who you tend to strongly disagree with and have had long running spats with...Well yes, I do find you sinister....

9 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Well it's plausible and with your hidden agenda, accusations and attempts to discredit posters....especially those who you tend to strongly disagree with and have had long running spats with...Well yes, I do find you sinister....

Does so much for charity though. 

35 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Bumphrey was a sadist. Neddy Carter was a dirty old man. Ted Gyte was Sean Bean. Dawes was a weirdo. Jake Fitch was the only one I had time for.

I was in Parker. Played rugby. Smoked in the bogs by the metalwork shop and played fives in the courts by the gym.

There were two by the name of Forbes. One was ok, taught maths but the only thing with him was he'd crack you over the head with one of those massive SMP maths books. That's a bit scarey to think.about now. The other taught chemistry and he was a sly bully. I'd sooner the physical stuff from Ted Gyte to the nasty way Forbes would find a weakness and play on it. 

27 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

It's not me does the stalking. Always happy to chat to anyone. It's much easier to say hi than stalk me and my family and post disparaging remarks late at night on here. Sinister weird behaviour. Nothing else to say. 

Edited by nutty nigel

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

There you go Nuttyo, i have no complaints about my childhood at all.  Or my teens , twenties ..and so on. Only since i was in my late 50s do i have complaints ...mostly about my knee. Im happy too , and the fortunes of NCFC dont affect that one bit. There are far more  important  things than footy, i would honestly care more if there was a major pollution incident in our river/sea than if Norwich got relegated.  But that's just me, or is everybody just pretending to really care as much as they claim? 

Fair enough up to a point. The sewage being pumped into our rivers is clearly a more serious issue than football. Then again what do we value in society. A brain surgeon probably gets paid less than our NCFC Executive Director. If our brain surgeon was to have such a casual approach to making errors as our ED seems to have, where would we be. That matters quite a lot to me. If people are paid to do a good thorough job just do it or if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

• Like 1

Just now, nutty nigel said:

It's not me does the stalking. Always happy to chat to anyone. It's much easier to say hi than stalk me and my family and post disparaging remarks late at night on here. Sinistef weird behaviour. Nothing else to say. 

sigh....

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I think I'd be reflective too...

So you should be a man of your years....Think about who's posting disparaging remarks....anything else you'd care to insinuate?.....

Bit late to this party, no idea what page 5 is on about.

My reaction to this supposed protest is the same as to the Richard Balls season ticket thing the other day. When did the fanbase get so feckless?

We deserve, we deserve, we deserve. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

So you should be a man of your years....Think about who's posting disparaging remarks....anything else you'd care to insinuate?.....

Nothing. Carry on stalking me and my family if it gives you pleasure. We find it hilarious.

(but a little bit sinister none the less)

8 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

The clue is in the u/name.

Believe me you wouldn't want just Margate F.C. to follow, even though they have a celebrity artist who seen about the area sometimes. She even likes a tipple.

They do say that people from the big cities and further afield swarm to Margate on a Summer's day for sun, sand and cockles. I wouldn't be seen near the place though, not even for the rock and I don't have a dog.

I agree that the novelty might wear a bit thin but I enjoyed a game at Hartsdown Park a couple of Saturdays ago when they took on the mighty Potters Bar Town in their final League game of the season. Wrong end of a 3-2 score line but £9 to get in and a decent clubhouse for beers you could drink in your seat.

Nice relaxed atmosphere and made for a pleasant afternoon opposed to  enduring the toxic Swansea game where I would have been otherwise.

Up the Gate.

51 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Bit late to this party, no idea what page 5 is on about.

My reaction to this supposed protest is the same as to the Richard Balls season ticket thing the other day. When did the fanbase get so feckless?

We deserve, we deserve, we deserve. 

It'll pass. It always does. The rain stops and the sun comes out. A few wallys keep their brollys up for a while but eventually we all end up back on the same side...

12 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Nah fair point. 

It's more about looking at the clubs we went up with etc and feeling that irritation that here we are back to square one after this bloody 5 year plan.

We haven't had a good season of football in 4 years now ( I'm omitting the last promotion year as none of us got to see it)

Actually would be interesting to hear from fans who don't regularly attend Norwich games In regard to watching / listening to city is how they support so actually they might feel better  about things than those of us who follow away / home.

No. I live in the USA - grew up in Norwich and at one time lived on Carrow Rd. I am not happy. Not because we’re not top 10 Prem. Not because we’re not getting promoted. Not because we sold Buendia and the others. It’s because once again we’ve been sold on an idea of where the club wants to be and the planned direction of growth, and that plan has utterly failed. The club management have utterly waisted the best chance we had to establish NCFC as low-level Prem team and have fallen foul of from the hip recruiting and financial incompetence.

I have supported this club for 40 years and in all that time I have not seen a better chance to level up, nor such an efficient method of the waisting of that chance.

I can only speak for myself and I must say that I am absolutely disappointed in the owners and the executive team.

Wagner will have until Christmas before I include him.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Was a strange old place the CNS.

Craig Barlow was a terrific history teacher and really loved his subject. Always wore a huge red rosette during General Elections. Neddy Carter certainly batted for the other side and they never did find out who put the ‘ Gents’ sign on his Mini the day we left. Ted Gyte was a b*stard but played in a decent jazz band. His Monday night detentions should have been in Room 101 not Room 16

Dawes was OK but nobody had time for Bumphrey. We sent a continuous stream of taxis to his house and once ordered him a ton of coal but never found out if it arrived. He and his wife died within a few days of each other in a nursing home in Heigham Rd a few years back.

On a happier note I went back there for the 100th anniversary weekend on a Saturday morning in 2010 then saw us smash Scunny 6-0 in the afternoon.

A decent day out that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Was a strange old place the CNS.

Craig Barlow was a terrific history teacher and really loved his subject. Always wore a huge red rosette during General Elections. Neddy Carter certainly batted for the other side and they never did find out who put the ‘ Gents’ sign on his Mini the day we left. Ted Gyte was a b*stard but played in a decent jazz band. His Monday night detentions should have been in Room 101 not Room 16

Dawes was OK but nobody had time for Bumphrey. We sent a continuous stream of taxis to his house and once ordered him a ton of coal but never found out if it arrived. He and his wife died within a few days of each other in a nursing home in Heigham Rd a few years back.

On a happier note I went back there for the 100th anniversary weekend on a Saturday morning in 2010 then saw us smash Scunny 6-0 in the afternoon.

A decent day out that.

Percy Fox?

He picked my mate up by his hair and dragged him outside shouting and blustering. He was still shouting "come outside boy" when they were halfway across the hockey pitch...

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Percy Fox?

He picked my mate up by his hair and dragged him outside shouting and blustering. He was still shouting "come outside boy" when they were halfway across the hockey pitch...

His son was in my year as was Fitch’s. Fitch Snr gave up smoking one year and was wanging on about the evils of baccy thereafter. He also hated soaps as they dragged you in like ciggies. Must have been hooked on Peyton Place back in the day….

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

What a lovely trip down memory lane. Can just see you all parking your Penny Farthings in the bike shed…🙄🎩🎓

Edited by Duncan Edwards
🙄🎩🎓
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

This is ridiculous. You can’t say we didn’t have a good season just because COVID stopped us from seeing it live. Even watching on TV is better than pretending it didn’t happen. 

That was the point i was making your comment makes me think you watch it on the radio Neal. Or do you hold a season ticket?

50 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

No. I live in the USA - grew up in Norwich and at one time lived on Carrow Rd. I am not happy. Not because we’re not top 10 Prem. Not because we’re not getting promoted. Not because we sold Buendia and the others. It’s because once again we’ve been sold on an idea of where the club wants to be and the planned direction of growth, and that plan has utterly failed. The club management have utterly waisted the best chance we had to establish NCFC as low-level Prem team and have fallen foul of from the hip recruiting and financial incompetence.

I have supported this club for 40 years and in all that time I have not seen a better chance to level up, nor such an efficient method of the waisting of that chance.

I can only speak for myself and I must say that I am absolutely disappointed in the owners and the executive team.

Wagner will have until Christmas before I include him.

Totally fair and true. Thanks for that perspective.

16 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

You’re CNS alumni too, aren’t you, bloody hell, you lot will be organising a school reunion next…;-)