"We Deserve Better" .... really?

It's like some fans have forgotten that teams have bad seasons. This is our first poor season at Championship level for how long?

Good luck to them, I suppose.

Can guarantee anything like that will have originated from one of the Facebook Groups. Which is like twitter on stupid pills.

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

"We Deserve Better" .... really?

It's like some fans have forgotten that teams have bad seasons. This is our first poor season at Championship level for how long?

Good luck to them, I suppose.

Can guarantee anything like that will have originated from one of the Facebook Groups. Which is like twitter on stupid pills.

I dunno 3 failed seasons in the prem national laughing stock, Brentford flying high when we out classed them on multiple occasions.

I kinda get the we deserve better line to be fair.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

3 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

City elite not involved, might jeopardise thier free home game tickets. 

If you call yourself 'elite' you get a freebie. What a joke!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I dunno 3 failed seasons in the prem national laughing stock, Brentford flying high when we out classed them on multiple occasions.

I kinda get the we deserve better line to be fair.

I think Brentford doing better than us doesn't mean we deserve better. Going by club size there should be about 30 clubs protesting against their owners next week because Brentford are doing better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I think Brentford doing better than us doesn't mean we deserve better. Going by club size there should be about 30 clubs protesting against their owners next week because Brentford are doing better.

According to Delia we are supposed to be the Best Football Club in the World. Why aren't we?

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nah fair point. 

It's more about looking at the clubs we went up with etc and feeling that irritation that here we are back to square one after this bloody 5 year plan.

We haven't had a good season of football in 4 years now ( I'm omitting the last promotion year as none of us got to see it)

Actually would be interesting to hear from fans who don't regularly attend Norwich games In regard to watching / listening to city is how they support so actually they might feel better  about things than those of us who follow away / home.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

We are.

Evidence please. Brentford, Burnley, Luton and Fortuna Dusseldorf have a far more credible case. As for the other 30 or so @hogesar refers to only the likes of WBA and Watford can claim to be similar to us in terms of wasted TV money.

Just now, Danke bitte said:

I wonder if any of you remember when we mocked the Ipswich fans for protesting… 

I fear the words "remember , mock and Ipswich" will be really poignant next year. 😬😬😬

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I don't buy into this we're a laughing stock business.

It's just a line trotted out by the usual suspects.

Issue is if your trying to buy players and they read about us or research about us it could well make them think twice.

Media is a very powerful tool.

8 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Nah fair point. 

It's more about looking at the clubs we went up with etc and feeling that irritation that here we are back to square one after this bloody 5 year plan.

We haven't had a good season of football in 4 years now ( I'm omitting the last promotion year as none of us got to see it)

Actually would be interesting to hear from fans who don't regularly attend Norwich games In regard to watching / listening to city is how they support so actually they might feel better  about things than those of us who follow away / home.

Yeah not being able to see that second promotion season in person is difficult. My mate with a season ticket next to me, we worked out due to the game he missed he's only physically watched about 4 wins in 2 years. That's pretty rough.

I, personally, don't see any real protest direction at the moment.

I thought this was going to be a link to some cheap bedsheets to replace the ones we've wet...

• Haha 1

This isn't the time for bedsheet protests. It's a time for support. The club has struggled this year on the field. It hasn't been a good experience watching and going to games. We can moan and feel disappointed about lots of things 

But as supporters we could provide something that is strong and good. That would be a positive. To really "support" and be at one. A weird concept perhaps. But when someone in our family struggles (a health issue, or a redundancy or a loss) we rally round them with all our best efforts and care. I know I'm talking about football now but the club needs it's supporters right now more than it did when we were riding high or in the EPL. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Evidence please. Brentford, Burnley, Luton and Fortuna Dusseldorf have a far more credible case. As for the other 30 or so @hogesar refers to only the likes of WBA and Watford can claim to be similar to us in terms of wasted TV money.

Evidence is in my heart and in my soul, it's in my breath as I grow old...

'Wish we were' never floated my boat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

This isn't the time for bedsheet protests. It's a time for support. The club has struggled this year on the field. It hasn't been a good experience watching and going to games. We can moan and feel disappointed about lots of things 

But as supporters we could provide something that is strong and good. That would be a positive. To really "support" and be at one. A weird concept perhaps. But when someone in our family struggles (a health issue, or a redundancy or a loss) we rally round them with all our best efforts and care. I know I'm talking about football now but the club needs it's supporters right now more than it did when we were riding high or in the EPL. 

That works 2 ways. When the Pandemic started Delia said she would stay away in solidarity with the supporters. It proved to be a promise she couldn't keep. This season they charge the highest prices in the EFL for this dross. If they want a reset with supporters do it before next Monday and the protests may fizzle out. As it stands protest on.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Evidence is in my heart and in my soul, it's in my breath as I grow old...

'Wish we were' never floated my boat. 

Heart and Soul both good but the grey matter needs to come into the equation.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

That works 2 ways. When the Pandemic started Delia said she would stay away in solidarity with the supporters. It proved to be a promise she couldn't keep. This season they charge the highest prices in the EFL for this dross. If they want a reset with supporters do it before next Monday and the protests may fizzle out. As it stands protest on.

How exactly will you be protesting?

12 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I don't think a protest per se is wrong but it needs to have some purpose and positive plan for the future rather than just the empty-headed old favourites of calling for the board to be sacked or Delia to sell up.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Issue is if your trying to buy players and they read about us or research about us it could well make them think twice.

Media is a very powerful tool.

Fortunately footballers don't have time for reading and research. They're got Mercedes G-Wagons to drive around in. 

Edited by Grando

Five promotions and five relegations in the last 15 years. With the other five being two mid-table finishes in the Premier League, a mid-table finish in the Championship and twice missing out on the Championship playoffs.

We've had a great time of it over the past 15 years, in all honesty. It's been a hell of a ride. 

When you look at some similar-sized clubs over the same timeframe such as Derby, Forest, Middlesbrough, Blackburn, Birmingham and their travails with terrible owners and, if I'm not mistaken, three promotion seasons between them, we've had it pretty good, haven't we?

It's easy to compare us to Brentford and Brighton who are the current flavours of the month; mixing it in Premier League table despite not being historical 'big clubs'. But five years ago it was Swansea, ten years ago it was Stoke and Wigan, 15 years ago it was Bolton or Portsmouth. Teams who were regularly finishing in Premier League mid-table with the odd foray into Europe. Now look at them: Swansea are in a similar situation to us but the others are all worse. I think Brighton might have the infrastructure to stay in the Premier League for a while, but Brentford will probably be back in League One within a decade.

I'm not quite sure why we have more right to be an established mid-table Premier League club than the sides mentioned above, aside from maybe Wigan. This whole protest seems to be seriously out of proportion.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Is it just me but this all seems very entitled and speaks to people who have little or no knowledge of the club pre Lambert.

We have no divine right to win games at this level. And the ownership is risk averse to gambling the club future in trying to stay in the premier league.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Unfortunately I think the time for support was much earlier in the season and that particular horse has bolted. When our fans boo their own players for passing the ball you know something is going wrong. We absolutely do need to be more on the same page as the players and management, but there's also a time for expressing our dissatisfaction with what we're seeing on the pitch. The main thing for me is that I can't really work out what the plan actually is at the moment so it's actually quite difficult to get behind. I won't be protesting, but I understand people's frustration.

• Like 3