We might be crap but I'm not sure we're relegation material. Mid table obscurity on the other hand...

• Like 1

I now think the manager should be the first out the door. Our form is relegation, only Reading have done worse in last ten games. He has shown nothing in terms of progression, his substitutions made no sense, he can’t see the obvious in that we do so much better with one striker not three on the pitch. I fear his remaining will waste the summer opportunity and we shall sign wrong players - but we shall see as I doubt he will go anywhere 

Edited by Dean Coneys boots
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I now think the manager should be the first out the door. Our form is relegation, only Reading have done worse in last ten games. He has shown nothing in terms of progression, his substitutions made no sense, he can’t see the obvious in that we do so much better with one striker not three on the pitch. I fear his remaining will waste the summer opportunity and we shall sign wrong players - but we shall see as I doubt he will go anywhere 

You saying playing three strikers up top may not be a good idea?

9 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Can't blame him for this season. We don't want to turn into Watford. Back him, don't sack him.

Will be super competitive next season. The three coming down will all be strong.. Southampton especially. Watford won’t be this poor again, and like it or not, Ipswich will challenge as will the likes of Swansea and Boro or West Brom (one will stay down), plus I can see Alex Neil getting Stoke up there. 

Teams like Preston, Sunderland, and Blackburn will all still be tough - but can’t see them touching the top 7/8 next season, such will be the higher standard. 

Sheff Wed and Plymouth are both capable of holding their own in the champs, unlike Wigan and Blackpool who are both league one clubs.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

14 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

If Norwich don’t get recruitment right this summer we could quite easily find us fighting relegation next season. 

A complete lack of faeces Sherlock.

I'm sure other club's fans are saying "Norwich won't be this poor again". Perhaps we'll finish above Plymouth as we're likely to have their best player.

14 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

If Norwich don’t get recruitment right this summer we could quite easily find us fighting relegation next season. 

I can't be bothered to check but fairly sure you and a number of others said exactly the same for Farke's second and fourth seasons...

Relegation? No way.

We are a club that's had a recent history of fairly straightforward promotions from the Chumps (Lambert, Neal, Farke x2) and are possibly the most successful club overall in the second tier in the last decade and more. Perhaps that's our fit.

Whenever we have been down, we seem to arise again stronger.

We have to hope that this status is in our DNA and that we will remain one of the stronger clubs of the second tier.

Clutching at straws this may be considering the present mess, but relegation is far from on the cards, imo.

Actually, the funds seem to be mounting up. American money, Rashica money, Maddison money and the possible sale of Aarons plus another couple of surprising exits(?) amounts to a reasonable war chest.

I never got into this debt against parachutes business, as it seemed such a gargantuan amount of cash to p-ss away. Presumably this is settled now and there is a clean slate?

22 hours ago, Jersey Canary said:

Talk about pant wetting.

It's bad but not that bad.

We might not be good enough for promotion but we're nowhere near relegation, even without Pukki

If we set ourselves up to win promotion through the owners, coaching team and player recruitment then we needn't worry about relegation.

There's still a legacy of quality even with the existing squad that many Championship clubs would love to have. We just need the Head Coach to get his act together.

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Relegation? No way.

We are a club that's had a recent history of fairly straightforward promotions from the Chumps (Lambert, Neal, Farke x2) and are possibly the most successful club overall in the second tier in the last decade and more. Perhaps that's our fit.

We have to hope that this status is in our DNA and that we will remain one of the stronger clubs of the second tier.

Clutching at straws this may be considering the present mess, but relegation is far from on the cards, imo.

Actually, the funds seem to be mounting up. American money, Rashica money, Maddison money and the possible sale of Aarons plus another couple of surprising exits(?) amounts to a reasonable war chest.

I never got into this debt against parachutes business, as it seemed such a gargantuan amount of cash to p-ss away. Presumably this is settled now and there is a clean slate?

£31m to be repaid by March 2024 and £15m to be repaid by September 2024, so £46m away from a clean slate - although mostly covered by Year 2 parachute payment (unless already spent this year on wages etc of course).

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

If we set ourselves up to win promotion through the owners, coaching team and player recruitment then we needn't worry about relegation.

There's still a legacy of quality even with the existing squad that many Championship clubs would love to have. We just need the Head Coach to get his act together.

Where is that quality and how come neither Farke (in last seasons Premiership until sacked), Smith and now Wagner have been able to harness said 'quality'. We show some real promise in very isolated patches agreed. The goal Saturday was an example but then we capitulate and seemingly throw in the towel for long spells in games.  

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Relegation? No way.

Hope you're right about relegation but I assume you can remember 2008/2009? Unless the whole downward spiral (on and off the field) can be rigorously addressed then the OP may be onto something. 

Re the money - nothing received yet for Rashica, no sell on wedge received yet for Maddison and to rely on anything substantial for Air Rons is stretching credibility surely? These lumps of cash MAY come our way but nothing (and certainly not the amounts) is guaranteed. What are the 'surprising exit's you speculate on and how much might be raised?

It would seem that the only way to repay these loans would be to sell existing players if anyone would want them. Thus diluting the quality/experience of the squad and making the prospects of promotion even more challenging.

On 01/05/2023 at 09:30, Satriales said:

We might be crap but I'm not sure we're relegation material. Mid table obscurity on the other hand...

You sure? 1 win in the last 10 would suggest otherwise 

Edited by S_81

43 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Hope you're right about relegation but I assume you can remember 2008/2009? Unless the whole downward spiral (on and off the field) can be rigorously addressed then the OP may be onto something. 

Re the money - nothing received yet for Rashica, no sell on wedge received yet for Maddison and to rely on anything substantial for Air Rons is stretching credibility surely? These lumps of cash MAY come our way but nothing (and certainly not the amounts) is guaranteed. What are the 'surprising exit's you speculate on and how much might be raised?

Of course nothing is certain and nothing has been received for Rashica.  The Gala money seems likely though.

Maddison moving on has been subject to much speculation, The same with Aarons.

All we have is speculation and rumours at this stage. What else can we expect at this moment in time? Money in the bank?

The American money is secured.

As for surprise exits, who knows? Like I said, 'surprise,' and that could include any of the current squad. 

Let's speculate though and suppose that one of the newly promoted sides decides that the Sarge would make a decent back-up striker (he's banged in a few decent goals this season, after all.) It would surprise me, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility. 

Ditto: Sara, Nu...... etc. etc.

Edited by BroadstairsR

23 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

This is how i am Thinking the longer Webber and Wagner are here the more time is being wasted 

Webber Recruitment which will be so key in the summer has been terrible since he lost Kieren Scott to boro 

Wagner has he really show anything since he has been here not his team some say well how can other managers walk into struggle teams and turn it around ?  he is on a downward curve we need someone on the up