Sign in to follow this  
Bert

If we had just kept hold of Dean Smith

We would have been in the playoffs. Wagner and his 1 win in 10 was the cause of our failure

only Paul Lambert can save us now 

• Haha 4

If only Delia had got rid of Webber when he totally ballsed up the Prem season. There was zero justification in a contract extension. Especially when he compounded it with that 90% of him arrogance. What a joke of a club we’ve become. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

We would have been in the playoffs. Wagner and his 1 win in 10 was the cause of our failure

Didn't Smith win one in 9 at one point? This squad is gash, the fact we even stood a chance of the playoffs with 2 games to go was a miracle in itself

• Like 2

Let's just get rid of the good old  Norwich tag. Get John Terry in as manager. Don't give a xxxx about being little old nice Norwich anymore. Terry will coach and bring in players who can play. Time to get nasty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canarycop said:

Let's just get rid of the good old  Norwich tag. Get John Terry in as manager. Don't give a xxxx about being little old nice Norwich anymore. Terry will coach and bring in players who can play. Time to get nasty

I think of all the crap suggestions, this is by far the crappest.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

If we'd just kept Walker we'd be champions of the world...

Fundamentally, this group of players is just not very good. It doesn't really matter who the manager is. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Bert said:

That maybe so, but we will never know. One thing I’m fairly certain of though is that toxicity levels would be off the scale. We were getting closer to needing mounted Police like at the end of the Chase era just before Smith departed. 

Smith seems to be getting a decent reaction at Leicester after the state of things with Brendan Rodgers. Only reinforces my feeling that the determination to write him off at the start of the season, then to determinedly dismiss the 9 game unbeaten run as 'false results' in favour of someone who claps the fans has shot the club in the foot.

29 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Smith seems to be getting a decent reaction at Leicester after the state of things with Brendan Rodgers. Only reinforces my feeling that the determination to write him off at the start of the season, then to determinedly dismiss the 9 game unbeaten run as 'false results' in favour of someone who claps the fans has shot the club in the foot.

Get back in your box you prat.

Dean Smith is an awful manager end of and we would be in a worse situation now if we had kept him, fact.

Just go away with your stupid.

1 hour ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Smith is not a bad manager, but he was never the right fit and was never going to be. Supporters didn’t take to him and whether you like it or not, supporters often decide the fate of a manager.

He was used as a meat shield by people at the top and so everything was directed at him, but he didn’t help himself with his comments.

Replacing an extremely popular manager was always a tough ask, maybe if he’d done a better job in that PL he’d have had a bit more credit in the bank.

It wasn’t really his fault, but he also wasn’t going to be a success, it wasn’t going to happen that was clear. That’s just sometimes how appointments work.

11 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I mean Smith wasn't the answer, but to appoint someone even worse takes some doing.

You can Rely on Big Stu to find that man though !

Bryan Hamilton should have kept going, look at the fantastic corporate job he does at S **** home matches!

I am absolutely not convinced by Wagner nor was I by Smith. Either the squad is an awful lot worse than we thought or there’s some poor management going on. I am yet to see anything I like about football from this side under either manager. I want to see high press, hi tempo, aggressive, pass and move football. Yet I hardly even see basic passing triangles and one touch football, those are things you expect children to be able to do at under 12’s level. Poor all round. 

3 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I am absolutely not convinced by Wagner nor was I by Smith. Either the squad is an awful lot worse than we thought or there’s some poor management going on. I am yet to see anything I like about football from this side under either manager. I want to see high press, hi tempo, aggressive, pass and move football. Yet I hardly even see basic passing triangles and one touch football, those are things you expect children to be able to do at under 12’s level. Poor all round. 

Well with Pukki and Dowell already known to be off it could be quite a different looking team come the new season  in August. No idea about  Wagner but of the players it seems nearly all of our foreign buys...Rashica, Tzolis, Nunez,  even Sara to a point, not forgetting Sarge and Dimi to.have not lived up to expectations. But..we will see what the next few months bring.

Auld Colin at udders looks like he's gonna save 'em....He's deffo marmite but if he was here he'd lock Stu in the Colney cleaning cupboard and get on with the task of whatever the task is....

15 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Get back in your box you prat.

Dean Smith is an awful manager end of and we would be in a worse situation now if we had kept him, fact.

Just go away with your stupid.

Combining both "end of" and "fact." in a single sentence takes a special level of debating skill. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, The Bunny said:

Combining both "end of" and "fact." in a single sentence takes a special level of debating skill. 

I did it so the pro mass debaters, your self obviously  included would understand.

I still don’t buy the narrative that Smith was a total dinosaur and a useless manager given his record in the game. 

What did for him was last season hangover and his part in it.

It maybe a long time before we sack a manager again with the team sat in the championship playoffs.

36 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I still don’t buy the narrative that Smith was a total dinosaur and a useless manager given his record in the game. 

What did for him was last season hangover and his part in it.

It maybe a long time before we sack a manager again with the team sat in the championship playoffs.

Narrative? 

Why as a society are we so obsessed with taking words or terms from the mass media and then using them as if they are some kind of term of propaganda.

Because Dean Smith cried about the narrative going against him it's now being used as this dirty word.

Regardless of circumstances Dean Smith was / is an terrible manager for Norwich city.

He followed a legend and tore the heart out of the club, sure Webber is equally to blame but I feel an injection of care or an indication that he actually wanted to be with us would have gone a long way.

When we won under Smith high had a sense that we were still in second gear and many games you saw us letting other teams back into the match.

It was not a "narrative" invented to undermine the manager it was a truth in front of us.

He was not a good fit for our club and had to go. There was no narrative or fans wanting the club to fail. There were however a lot of fans that could see he was a bad fit and wanted him gone as soon as possible even if it meant us struggling this season.

From the moment we didn't fire him when mathematically down we were always going to have this season of nothing followed by an exodus and rebuild. Is Wagner the man for that? I fear not.

Is Webber the man for that? Very obviously not.

We are probably at the biggest cross roads since the league one relegation or loss to Colchester it's how we bounce back that's important.

And in regards to Smith he would have been a fool to have turned down a contract with us as it's money. The blame lies with Webber who should have given him a rolling contract or a non survival release clause. That's 100 percent on Webber who gambled and lost. Now it's time for Webber to fall on his sword? Will he.... Let's wait until this time next week as I think the story will unfold shortly after the end of the season.

Smith isn't the diabolical manager that some fans (even on this thread) said he was.

It's why he's got a Prem job instead of a League Two job.

But we know it wasn't working here. What impact fans had not taking to him, who knows.

I think claiming Wagner is worse is a coy attempt at ego protection for wanting Smith out in the first place.