The only reason Aarons will go anywhere else is for more money. He will be third choice in any team in the EPL ,or abroad. Sorry,I know i'll get abuse for this,but I really don't get all the hype. Don't blame him for wanting to move,but I seriously believe we are his level. There,said it.🪖🪖🪖

• Like 1

He’s gone stale sticking with Norwich for too long. Lad needs a move so desperately to “get out of the goldfish bowl” as the famous Jenas quote goes.

Think he’ll be just fine in a lower prem side with a decent coach and an identity to play to.

Don't agree. Great player. Need a team that he believes in.

Our best player.

(Not a good season so will go for less then 10 mill)

Edited by Olano
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

His head isn't in it anymore. If we can get a decent fee, anything above £5m, then he should be sold. But then, so should every other player in our squad to be honest. We don't have anyone worth more than that.

He’ll easily find a team with more ambition. Not hard is it. 

A neat tidy player but will never make it in the Premiership. Too small and just does not have the physicality and power to compete with big boys. You just had to watch Palace today. Maintained enormous pace and aggression for the whole of the match and their basic skills were pretty good. It does not help his cause in that most of his passes go backwards. He needs a move to one of the better Championship sides - if there are any !!!!  

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Should really have been sold when his stock was hot.

Hardly going to get more than five million for him now

Problem is as far as I've heard no big bids have ever come in for him, other than the loan offers

Since he has adopted the 80/20 rule (80% of passes must be backwards) his stock has plummeted. Put him in team that allows him to range forward with options up front to pass to and he could rediscover his form.

i think a foreign team would suit him more than PL to be honest 

it would not surprise me if his Agent has already been putting his name about 

i think if a club came in for him now he would go 

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

May get a big move, but he won’t be a regular starter in a top division club

Could see him going to Everton - whether they stay up or not. 

Time for Aaron’s to move on if he wants to progress his career. If we can get anywhere near £8mill I think we will be doing well. 
Deserves a move, been a loyal servant to the club and hardly ever injured. 

He'd be served well going abroad. If Farke was sniffing at him for Mönchengladbach and they were willing to put some good cash on the counter I think that would do him the power of good.

1 hour ago, Grick said:

Since he has adopted the 80/20 rule (80% of passes must be backwards) his stock has plummeted. Put him in team that allows him to range forward with options up front to pass to and he could rediscover his form.

To be fair, under Wagner the fullbacks have played much, much higher. Under Smith I definitely noticed that conservative and defensive style of play, but that's not his game. If he's still here next season we'll be lucky to have him, if he isn't then the best of luck to him. Remember we turned down a loan bid from Barcelona(!) for him, and he knuckled down and carried on playing every minute of every match like a model pro. 

• Like 2

Have sneaky feeling he signs a new contract - knowing full well he can't get a big move. Maybe a 2 year extension with a year option. 

Although I also wouldn't be surprised to see him go to a newly promoted team, Burnley/Sheff U etc. 

Aarons has gone stale like the club itself. A move would revigorate him but we would be lucky to get £20M for him at the very most and he would only go to a bottom 6 Prem team at best!

Both our fullback areas are big problems. We don’t have one player who can actually defend properly. That’s what happens when you buy wingbacks. 
A few years back I thought Aarons was going to the top but not only has his progression stalled he’s actually regressed. Whilst he’s neat and tidy in possession he’s a liability aerially, his final ball is terrible and positionally poor. The amount of goals conceded this year alone where he’s drifted inside allowing his man to score is very noticeable. This year alone I’ve seen multiple wingers give him a torrid time. Any fee around the 8-10 million mark I’d snap their hands off. 

True, he's not a particularly good defensive full-back for the various reasons mentioned above. His ability is undeniable though and, whilst admitting that he has not been at his best for much of this season, I don't see the regression seen by some. He rarely if ever has a bad game and a bottom line of 6/10 is valid, imo.

When Wagner (briefly) pushed him into a more forward midfield role I thought that this was a move long overdue but nothing seems to have come of it.

I hope he'll reach £10m+ in the market because, regretfully, it seems to be a given that he will be on his way in the Summer.