cambridgeshire canary

1 win in 10 is relegation form and worthy of sacking.

2 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Let's recap Bunny. People don't want to talk about the as you say the real issues . It's an utter cluster F.

There have been no end of threads on here talking about the bigger issues of ownership, Stuart Webber, our current model.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

There have been no end of threads on here talking about the bigger issues of ownership, Stuart Webber, our current model.

And we go round and round the garden like a Teddy bear. The magic roundabout  . There is no end product why! 

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Indeed there have Wolfy. And over the years there's been loads of these times. Even since I joined this message board we've been to hell in.a handcart at least half a dozen times. Talking has been therapy but the answers have never been found on here. I doubt they will be this time. 

1 minute ago, Mengo said:

And we go round and round the garden like a Teddy bear. The magic roundabout  . There is no end product why! 

Literally no idea what you mean. Are teddy bears and magic roundabouts the 'real issues' you mentioned in your previous post? Or did you have something more productive to say about the future of the club?

Luckily I've had places to go this evening so I missed the end.

I've totally lost faith in 'Dave'. I mean what the hell were all those substitutions about? Whats the point in bringing on a load of attacking players when you can't get the ball? He did exactly the same at QPR. Utterly clueless.

I really want him and Webber gone in the summer along with that gob****e Hughes.

20 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Literally no idea what you mean. Are teddy bears and magic roundabouts the 'real issues' you mentioned in your previous post? Or did you have something more productive to say about the future of the club?

If you think everything is rosy in the garden , then that's up to you. A lot of people not just on here are a little bit peeved off with the way the club is heading . From A distance I can understand people's feelings. I also get the feelings that a certain few posters like to dictate the way other people should conduct there undoubted  disappointments at the results and the way they think the club is been run . Rightly or wrongly that's my view of the situation. It might not be yours  maybe as you are closer to dialogue with people at the club and good times are just round the corner. 

FOR  a start my productive input would be to get shot of Webber and let Neil Adams take over. Why , you may ask . Because in my opinion the time is right.

Opinions eh  , imagine being allowed to have them never mind talk about them.

Will getting shot of him happen. That's another difficult question considering the the structure we have in place.

• Like 1

He's done nothing to suggest he is to be trusted with this supposed 'rebuild'. We wasted this season by being too sentimental with Smith only to replace him with a manager whose career is on a downward trend.

The whole lot needs to be cleared out, not only have they failed in their own individual ways but they're also so closely connected with one another it feels like you can't get rid of one without the other.

Since sacking Farke we've had Smith and Wagner employed by the club and the other manager who was supposedly in serious contention was Frank Lampard. Isn't it obvious now that Webber is bad at choosing managers?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Don’t have any “likes” left but I’m liking this. My caveat is you can’t firefight on this forum. As well you know… :  D

My concern keeping Wagner for 10 games is the need for a squad build before those games begin. You wouldn’t give a massive budget to a builder and then give him ten days to see if he can build your house or not- it would be an expensive mistake. You need to hand your budget to someone who knows what they are doing. I just don’t see the evidence that Wagner does; Barring one success with Huddersfield he has failed everywhere else, his substitutions are tactically naive, it isn’t clear what he is trying to do. People cite Farke’s first season - then we didn’t get the results but you could see the thinking. Not so with DW. I say twist. 

12 hours ago, Monty13 said:

We should have kept the possession based style that was so successful for those two seasons and built upon it. This chopping and changing from Farke to Smith to Wagner is completely the opposite to what the SD model promised.

Completely agree. This was NOT the model that was sold to fans by the ownership.

I have to say I don’t think the overall crisis is his fault but I’ve been completely underwhelmed by Wagner, think he’s made us worse in many ways and couldn’t give a toss if we got rid of him this summer with Webber. I’m not mad keen on us recruiting players to fit his style of play, whatever that is, when he’s not convinced at all. 

As has been said SO MANY times, Webber FAILED to replace the two most critical positions in the team CDM aka Skipp or Tettey and Creative attacking Midfielder aka Buendia or Hoolihan. He bought a bunch of miss fit wingers and un proven strikers and recruited absolute crock and injury prone CDMs on loans both who have played almost no football. The team lacks a spine and is totally out of balance and lacks those two critical positions - Sara nor Nunez have filled either of those gaps unfortunately. The manager has had to make do with what he had put in his hands. I am now ready to reserve judgement over the summer if these two critical positions are filled - preferably 2 of each incase of injuries - if the club fails to make those recruitments then they deserve the FULL wrath of the fans

10 hours ago, Mengo said:

If you think everything is rosy in the garden , then that's up to you. A lot of people not just on here are a little bit peeved off with the way the club is heading . From A distance I can understand people's feelings. I also get the feelings that a certain few posters like to dictate the way other people should conduct there undoubted  disappointments at the results and the way they think the club is been run . Rightly or wrongly that's my view of the situation. It might not be yours  maybe as you are closer to dialogue with people at the club and good times are just round the corner. 

FOR  a start my productive input would be to get shot of Webber and let Neil Adams take over. Why , you may ask . Because in my opinion the time is right.

Opinions eh  , imagine being allowed to have them never mind talk about them.

Will getting shot of him happen. That's another difficult question considering the the structure we have in place.

Where did I say I think everything is rosy in the garden? And I don't see anyone saying that you're not allowed an opinion?

If you think some posters are dictating how you should conduct yourself on here, sod them! You do you, mate. We're all NCFC fans at the end of the day, and we're allowed to have different opinions on things.

And yes, I have to be careful what I say on here because of my position on the supporters panel, but I'm stepping down after the next meeting so I'll be able to be a lot more candid with my opinions when that's happened.

And for the record, I don't think people at the club believe 'everything in the garden is rosy'. They're not blind or deaf to what the fans are saying. Hopefully we can get this takeover sorted over the summer, and all start looking forward again with some renewed optimism.

13 hours ago, Ian said:

Problem is a lot of people were so sure Smith was the problem it's come as a bit of a shock (after Wagner's improved start), that perhaps the team has finished exactly where it deserves to.

Smith may not have been the right manager for us, but it was clear that he didn't have the right tools for the job.

He had plenty of tools, not footballers 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

I dont think him being in charge impacts the rebuild too much.

He isn't particularly unique in wanting a high energy high pressing team and it wouldn't be difficult to replace with a manager with similar ideologies 

I would argue the exact opposite of this. His style is unique (especially outside the Premier League) and he is far from warranting the privilege of rebuilding the whole club.

He needs forwards (two of them, Sargent is fine) who are fit, athletic pressing machines. He needs midfielders who are playmakers, pressers, never-stop-runners. He needs a quarterback, part of the reason McLean was given a new deal very soon after he walked in the building I'd imagine. He needs centre backs who are comfortable on the ball and full backs who can spot difficult passes like CAMs. 

All this in the championship with no money. Good bloody luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Holt said:

I would argue the exact opposite of this. His style is unique (especially outside the Premier League) and he is far from warranting the privilege of rebuilding the whole club.

He needs forwards (two of them, Sargent is fine) who are fit, athletic pressing machines. He needs midfielders who are playmakers, pressers, never-stop-runners. He needs a quarterback, part of the reason McLean was given a new deal very soon after he walked in the building I'd imagine. He needs centre backs who are comfortable on the ball and full backs who can spot difficult passes like CAMs. 

All this in the championship with no money. Good bloody luck.

Also, at this point what is the evidence his supposed unique style is actually going to be successful. Sacked from his previous 2 jobs, was his excuse then that he didn't have the right players too?

The players we have currently might not be a perfect 1-1 fit for what he likes but the complete lack of progress in the side since he took over is on him. I'm always skeptical of managers who say they need their own players in, I'm even more so when they've served up dross before the window, had we shown any signs of a style of play recently I'd be tempted to support him.

She didn’t say what we were searching for a competent coach though.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Where did I say I think everything is rosy in the garden? And I don't see anyone saying that you're not allowed an opinion?

If you think some posters are dictating how you should conduct yourself on here, sod them! You do you, mate. We're all NCFC fans at the end of the day, and we're allowed to have different opinions on things.

And yes, I have to be careful what I say on here because of my position on the supporters panel, but I'm stepping down after the next meeting so I'll be able to be a lot more candid with my opinions when that's happened.

And for the record, I don't think people at the club believe 'everything in the garden is rosy'. They're not blind or deaf to what the fans are saying. Hopefully we can get this takeover sorted over the summer, and all start looking forward again with some renewed optimism.

As you say, hopefully this takeover/investment can get sorted asap so we can reset and start to look forward.  I think part of the problem is the idea that “we” know what’s wrong but those at the club don’t have any idea.  I’m sure they must be aware where the gaps are.

Ultimately, we are talking about a competitive sport where everyone is after the same goal that can only be achieved by a few….taking yesterday’s opponents WBA as an example, they are a very similar yo-yo club to us - neither us nor them has any more “right” to success than the other, but the expectation is definitely there with both sets of supporters.  It can be a fine line between success or otherwise - and taking yesterday, crap refereeing decisions definitely don’t help.

In terms of the rebuild I suppose it is whether you think it can get sorted by Webber-Wagner or not.  I’m not totally sure, but I don’t think it would be made any easier by changing everything.  I think the larger part of me would say that Wagner has been constrained by the squad he’s inherited and deserves a chance to have a preseason and get his own players in….but he’s definitely been using up any credit he had in the bank with this rubbish run of results and weird substitutions.

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Zoe said we searched the of world football for a new head coach and i Believe her !! ( not ) 

That reminds me when we searched the world and found Neil Adams. This time we searched the world and found a close friend of the SD.

I wasn’t against Wagner’s appointment, I’m still unsure on him to be honest for many reasons.

However suggesting we searched far and wide before settling on him is just bizarre.

13 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

That reminds me when we searched the world and found Neil Adams. This time we searched the world and found a close friend of the SD.

I wasn’t against Wagner’s appointment, I’m still unsure on him to be honest for many reasons.

However suggesting we searched far and wide before settling on him is just bizarre.

this is what zoe and stu  said

Stuart Webber labelling him the ‘outstanding’ candidate’. 

Zoe wrote

It is never our wish to find new head coaches, but the reality of life at this level means that we constantly track and monitor the performance of coaches across the world as part of our approach. 

Our playing style, which is long-established, is also important to our supporters and that has been one of the determining factors in the recruitment of the new head coach. ( why hire smith then )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I have a sneaking feeling that if Webber leaves the end of the season, Wagner will follow. 

SD Neil Adams. 
Manager Russ Martin. 
its coming. 

3 minutes ago, percy varco said:

SD Neil Adams. 
Manager Russ Martin. 
its coming. 

I think a lot would buy into that.

Wagner isn't worth rebuilding around.

His substitutions cost us a win at QPR and lost us the game yesterday. Against Swanses he essentially 'punished' 9 outfield players by making them play a full half against 11 men.

Questionable team selections as well. He just seems such a liability to me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, percy varco said:

SD Neil Adams. 
Manager Russ Martin. 
its coming. 

If you offered me a choice of this or Webber/Wagner I’d take this in a heartbeat personally. 

8 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

If you offered me a choice of this or Webber/Wagner I’d take this in a heartbeat personally. 

I think many would -but I’m far from clear why Russ would come back when he appears to just be getting Swansea going.. 

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think many would -but I’m far from clear why Russ would come back when he appears to just be getting Swansea going.. 

Delia likes him