Sign in to follow this  
Alan Johnson

Rehman...where's he gone?

anyone know whats happened to the lad?

seemed to be playing quite well and has now disappeared!

cant get on the bench....fallen out with the boss perhaps?

if this is the case is this a waste of finances on worthys part?

could have brought in another midfielder instead.

thoughts?

he''ll be bk, i hope anyways since Doc is bk to the hugging phase. i did kinda hope he played instead of Charlton in the middle yest with Safri still not fit, i believe he can play there and lets face it he would provide great cover for the back four.

He should be back in the team playing at right back as he is a versatile player.

Why waste wages on a player if he is not going to be used?

Many of you disagree but would like to see if Rehman - Shackell combination on defence. Young, pace and tall, maybe lack of experience but I don''t think it would be a big problem...

Sorry ''Little Norwichers'' but the loan man from a big Premiership Club is currently not good enough to make the team. Just like Earnie on the bench (legs dangling) he will have to live with it or improve.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Sorry ''Little Norwichers'' but the loan man

from a big Premiership Club is currently not good enough to make the

team. Just like Earnie on the bench (legs dangling) he will have to

live with it or improve.[/quote]

Sorry but with the likes of Fleming and Doherty in the side he is certanly good enough.

[quote user="XXL16"]Many of you disagree but would like to see if Rehman - Shackell combination on defence. Young, pace and tall, maybe lack of experience but I don''t think it would be a big problem...
[/quote]

That would be good but I doubt Worthy has thought of that one. Anyway Pinkun says Zesh will be in the reserves soon!

I actually think that it is incredible that we bring in two players on expensive loans (at least £200k for 3 months maybe?) then don''t even play them!

What a waste of money...and not even done at a time when we had anything much to play for?

a former manager of city told me that loan players are the  biggest drain of money from a club there is, you spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on wages, after 3 months they have gone back to their clubs and we have nothing , thats were the moneys going , but i am sure good old nigel knows this and he is going to knock us bandy with some sublime loan signing.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]it will be interesting to see two young centre backs in the team. When did that last happen?[/quote]Well Shackell is what 23 and Docherty is 25 - so it depends what you mean by young!

IF HES NOT GOING TO PLAY OR EVEN BE ON THE BENCH HE SHOULD BE SHIPPED BACK TO FULHAM, NOT US WASTING OUR MONEY ON HIS WAGES!

here here Baldy, why pay his wages and not use him???

im sure Fulham are a bit annoyed, they sent him out to get fit and play not to fester on the bench for the stiffs!

jas :)

SURELY HE MUST BE QUITE PEED OFF HE COULD BE PLAYING FOR THE RESERVES AT FULHAM, AND LIVING IN HIS OWN HOME RATHER THAN A HOTEL (NO DOUBT A NORWICH''S EXPENSE) I AM SURE WHEN HE SIGNED HERE HE EXPECTED TO BE PLAYING FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL, ALL IN ALL IT APPEARS A BAD SIGNING, NOT SAYING THE LAD IS POOR BUT ITS NOT REALLY BENEFITTING ANYONE AT  THE MOMENT.  I AM SURE THAT THERE ARE SCHOLARS WHO ARE GOING TO BE RELASED SOON WHO WOULD LOVE TO BE PLAYING RESERVE MATCHES TO HOPEFULLY GET NOTICED BY WATCHING SCOUTS.

He missed the Stoke game because he was injured. Shackell came in and did a good job, and kept his place in the team at Leeds. If Shackell had of been dropped, everyone would be moaning about that too.

what was the injury then? never seen anything about him being injured. even so why was he not on the bench then on saturday? as i said it is a waste of citys money to be putting him up in a hotel, paying him and not playing him, as it is with johansson. they said johansson isnt match fit so hows he gonna get match fit when hes warming the bench? its yet more examples of mistakes made by our management team, instead of getting loanees in they should put the youngsters on the bench at least

Re: Rehman...where''s he gone?

Apparently, he''s been doing the silver service in Delia''s brassiere, just to fill in - until he''s given another ''opportunity'' to play for NCFC.....

As people say, he''s here on loan, he''s not in the squad, so what''s the point on retaining him? ( but personally, I think he''s a very good prospect!) But, if Shacks is going to be an ever present next season.........well, Rehman may as well return to sender and we save a few bob!

Then again, if we are putting Craig Fleming and Simon Charlton out to grass in May, I''d definately have Rehman if he wanted a contract, but, only for a sensible fee! Shackell and Rehman would be an excellent pairing, both with pace and height, good in the air and strong in the tackle ;~)

[quote user="seahawk"]

He should be back in the team playing at right back as he is a versatile player.

Why waste wages on a player if he is not going to be used?

[/quote] True to a certain extent but you shouldn''t pick a player just because he cost money. Rehman has looked good in some games but he played very badly against Palace. Shackell has come in and done a good job so I think that''s fair enough. I''m sure Rehman will do a good job if and when he gets back int he team but if Worthy thinks other players are on form then picking them over Rehamn is the right thing to do. Just because he isn''t an automatic starter doesn''t mean he hasn''t added good depth to the squad and competition for places which is something we''ve lacked this season!