Just now, PockthorpePete said:

I thought you would be out with your mates, rather than posting on a City forum.

Surprised you’re off the bus, dribbler. Keep waving your flag and hoping it gets better. It won’t. 

16 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Got a better manager than us and a hungrier squad. Sadly I can see them doing better than us next year. Unless Wagner and Webber go. That’s the reality now. And it doesn’t make me a binner for saying it. Just a realist. 

Have to agree with you - the fact that they are the nearest club to us which is 40 miles away has never really put it in the local derby category for me - that said they have a fantastic manager and a team full of up and coming players and can see a few smiles wiped off some fans faces who reckon it is 6 points for us next season

Just now, Bomber said:

Have to agree with you - the fact that they are the nearest club to us which is 40 miles away has never really put it in the local derby category for me - that said they have a fantastic manager and a team full of up and coming players and can see a few smiles wiped off some fans faces who reckon it is 6 points for us next season

Totally agree. Yellow tinted specs and a dose of stupidity. We are on the slide. It’s going to take a miracle to reverse that right now. 

58 minutes ago, canarycop said:

I'm a realistic person. Will all you doom mongers give your heads a wobble. What makes you all think Ip**** are gonna do us next season. They've had a decent season and been promoted. We've been poor and haven't but hey.. we are streets ahead of them still. Rather than be doom and gloom let's accept what's happened. Get behind the board and club and we go again 

48 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

I thought you would be out with your mates, rather than posting on a City forum.

That’s the trouble with our fan base , we think we are streets ahead of them , I am led to believe it is probably the other way round , surliness football from a coach who has learnt his trade at M Utd under Marinho and the likes , same with Carrick and look how he is doing …….. interesting times ahead I feel .

1 hour ago, Heading South said:

That’s the trouble with our fan base , we think we are streets ahead of them , I am led to believe it is probably the other way round , surliness football from a coach who has learnt his trade at M Utd under Marinho and the likes , same with Carrick and look how he is doing …….. interesting times ahead I feel .

Whatever are you running on about. You haven't beaten us for 14 years and counting. I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself. Don't you?

I'm disappointed that Sheff W messed it up. They were looking good for 1st or 2nd spot not that long ago.

Absolutely gutted and its put me in a bad mood this evening but in fairness it was only a matter of time and fair play to them they have been impressive! - But then again we got out of Division 3 in 2009/10 in one season and won it by 9 clear points while they have took 4 seasons to do it!

Its been enjoyable being one or two Divisions above them last four seasons but at the moment they would probably beat us, but then again I suspect half of League 1 could do so as well!

One awful viewpoint I don't want to hear is "Oh isn't it great that Ipswich have got promoted and the local Derbies are back!" - F* off!  

Edited by kingsway
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Heading South said:

Utter, utter drivel. 

I imagine that by the law of averages, any half decently well run club in the 3rd tier will get promoted within 4 seasons.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

Yes. Just like Wigan, Rotherham and Blackpool. Lower league clubs who get promoted and then struggle. Enjoy your moment in the sun, binboy. It's bin a long while coming. 

Promotion to the Championship, absolute success. Staying in the Championship, absolute failure. Shows just how wide the gulf is between the two clubs.

ACFD7A21-1D94-4801-A6DC-9873798C85F9.jpeg

I know your on the wind up, but I’ll bite.

The clubs mentioned above are much smaller in every way than Ipswich, but most telling financially. 

It’s hard to admit. But there really isn’t a gulf between Norwich and Ipswich. There should be, we should have been able to take one of several earn’t opportunities to establish our selves in the EPL, but we didn’t. And sensible money says at this moment in time Ipswich will get a crack at it before we get another go. 

The similarities between Ipswich this season and going into next, and us in 2010 under Lambert are there for all to see. They had a floundering team with high earners expected to challenge for promotion (Jimmy Bullard etc) and we were a well oiled hardworking side brimming with confidence. 

I am not looking forward to us playing the binners next season. They seem like a team transformed and have been on a complete turnaround in terms of playing style and confidence.

Whereas we are on the slide and are in serious trouble of disappearing back into oblivion if many glaring concerns are not addressed this summer. 

Webber just doesn’t care. His last two managerial appointments have been lazy on his part, not to mention completely unfounded and out of touch. He’s even gone on record stating how much he rates the binners manager… well why not do research like that into our managerial appointment rather than hiring the latest failure?

And that’s before even mentioning his seemingly pig-headed hatred of our fan base. The actual club that employs him. He just seems to double down on being a chode by consistently making the worst decisions and, by all accounts, has fostered a pretty toxic working environment behind the scenes.

I don’t even want to mention our playing squad. If you’re handing out 5 year contracts to bumbling morons then you get what you deserve. Just another woeful decision in a litany of woeful, abject decision making by those steering this club into brick walls of their own making.

Next season could very much be the one where they break the hoodoo.

Edited by non-scoring strikers
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Bomber said:

You obviously don't understand the Norfolk/Suffolk, East Anglian divide if you think that Norwich V Ipswich isn't a local Derby!

Yes we aren't across the park from one another or 2-3 miles apart like other Derbies but remember that Norfolk and Suffolk are very rural with a lot of farming areas so 40, in fact 42-43 miles in this area is similar to 5- 10 miles in a big urban area like London or Birmingham!  - Go to Diss on the border to see if theres no local rivalry!

Anyway what many don't realise is that a lot of Suffolk folks are Norwich rather than Ipswich while the S **** have traditionally drawn a lot of their support from North Essex which is a result of their 1970's/ early 80's glory years while poor old Col U have always found it hard to get a decent hardcore being inbetween the S **** and London!

Agree though with your judgement on the current state of play with the two LOCAL rivals, we need to buck our ideas up and fast!

Edited by kingsway

8 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Local Derby Sunday 12 noon kick offs....I flookin hate 'em.....

I don't like Sunday football full stop and theres no need to move the Derby to Sunday lunctime, especially when the Old firm Derbies often played om a Saturday amongst other more volatile Derbies - Ulterior motive like police over time!

Edited by kingsway

Difficult

14 hours ago, Bomber said:

Difficult to forecast actually. They could do quite well or they could struggle. I can't see them being relegated as there has probably been too much invested into the project for the pension fund (or whatever) to let it slipback.

Same with City. The squad is nowhere near as bad as this season's performances would suggest. There's just a general malaise at the club whereby a boil needs lancing. Some changes at the helm, new investment and decent business in the market could perform this necessay act.

As one of those who's support of City is greatly enhanced by the rivalry and all it entails, I just hope that all their expectations and bravado, whereby some think that they'll tear up the Chumps as easily as they've beaten the likes of Exeter, Forest Green Rovers and Cheltenham etc., this season, blows up in their faces especially as some of them are getting quite carried away on TWTD. The history fest is something to behold, even for them.

P.S. Now that their club is finally getting its act together a lot of them seem to have come out of the woodwork, seeping onto this forum and pretending to be one of us to the extent that it's becoming difficult to tell if it's City supporters or binners posting (apart from noticing the usual meagre post count that is.)

Nothing personal.

Weird behaviour that the most joy they're getting after a first promotion in 23 years is seeing their players sing songs about us. Can't wait to put them right back in their fvvcking box next season, winning league one means nothing; the gulf between that league and ours is bigger than Championship to Premier League. 

A song being sung in Sheffield pubs at the moment is to the tune of Yellow Submarine, "Blades are going up, pigs are staying down". Remember when we Norwich fans sang something similar at the Binners fans four years ago? Here's to singing something similar next season. COYY!

Edited by shefcanary

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Difficult

Difficult to forecast actually. They could do quite well or they could struggle. I can't see them being relegated as there has probably been too much invested into the project for the pension fund (or whatever) to let it slipback.

Same with City. The squad is nowhere near as bad as this season's performances would suggest. There's just a general malaise at the club whereby a boil needs lancing. Some changes at the helm, new investment and decent business in the market could perform this necessay act.

As one of those who's support of City is greatly enhanced by the rivalry and all it entails, I just hope that all their expectations and bravado, whereby some think that they'll tear up the Chumps as easily as they've beaten the likes of Exeter, Forest Green Rovers and Cheltenham etc., this season, blows up in their faces especially as some of them are getting quite carried away on TWTD. The history fest is something to behold, even for them.

P.S. Now that their club is finally getting its act together a lot of them seem to have come out of the woodwork, seeping onto this forum and pretending to be one of us to the extent that it's becoming difficult to tell if it's City supporters or binners posting (apart from noticing the usual meagre post count that is.)

Nothing personal.

Did you not start with a low post count Broadstairs , or were you a starter for 10 …… asking for a friend lol

5 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

a lot of them seem to have come out of the woodwork

I’ve had text messages from Binners I thought were dead. 

They really are a bunch of wànkers aren’t they? 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I’ve had text messages from Binners I thought were dead. 

They really are a bunch of wànkers aren’t they? 

Quite simply yes 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

Only took them 4 seasons 😂 room for another star on the shirt though, plus they will actually have some highlights to watch which are in colour.

I read on another thread that it is their first promotion for 23 years, and their first automatic promotion for 31 years. How many have we had in that time?

17 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I read on another thread that it is their first promotion for 23 years, and their first automatic promotion for 31 years. How many have we had in that time?

I don't think they count...

19 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

None this season. We accuse them of living in the past.

We’ve massively failed even by the ‘Top 26’ metric. The whole lot should resign en masse. Boo. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

None this season. We accuse them of living in the past.

We’ve massively failed even by the ‘Top 26’ metric. The whole lot should resign en masse. Boo. 

And if you want to talk about the present. Despite the ‘massive failure’ we’re still much higher up the league than they are.

7 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

And if you want to talk about the present. Despite the ‘massive failure’ we’re still much higher up the league than they are.

They’ll be above us next week on alphabetical order.