Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Boycott Blackpool

2 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I did not notice that, I did notice that Mr Balls appeared to come very close to being asked to leave the ground after standing up and shouting something at the platers when a corner was being taken and his interaction with a steward when (I assume) being asked to sit down..........

Poor lad probably can't  get a word in edgeways at home. You know the type...all bluster until 'er indoors has the final word.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Glad to see you have the support of a more balanced poster than me. Now if you too were innocent of having a pop then fair enough, but what's sauce for tbe Goose.....

You have turned it into a relentless cottage industry having digs at posters unrelated to football with responses liberally littered with your pseudo Irish ' shoite '  word peppered in the posts. It's all there in your posting history which by the way i cannot be asked to look at but i am sure you will correct me if i am well off the mark.

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You have turned it into a relentless cottage industry having digs at posters unrelated to football with responses liberally littered with your pseudo Irish ' shoite '  word peppered in the posts. It's all there in your posting history which by the way i cannot be asked to look at but i am sure you will correct me if i am well off the mark.

I am glad that you take such interest    and do not refute my statement that i am not alone in 'taking a pop'.  So good to see one of His/ Her Majestys  former servants  endorsing free speech. When you are appointed moderator , i may listen , until then,  keep whistling.  

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I am glad that you take such interest    and do not refute my statement that i am not alone in 'taking a pop'.  So good to see one of His/ Her Majestys  former servants  endorsing free speech. When you are appointed moderator , i may listen , until then,  keep whistling.  

More ' shoite ' from the pseudo Blarneymeister.

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

More ' shoite ' from the pseudo Blarneymeister.

Rather than more Blarney from the Shoitemaster?   Have your pop, its matters not. 

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Rather than more Blarney from the Shoitemaster?   Have your pop, its matters not. 

It matters not to the extent you replied.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Of course, im a tad bored , waiting at the dentist and there are no fish to tickle here and you're  the next best thing.  Fear not, they'll call me soon and youll be off the hook. Thanks for the sport. X

• Sad 1

Is it ridiculous to point out that we haven't been relegated?

We certainly need a serious rethink but boycotting a game is best saved for worse times.

Have a chant and a boo instead.

• Like 2

Ok having skim-read this thread, not many takers for a boycott.

What’s then an alternative way that we can attend and make our feelings known? All hold up red cards at at certain time?

47 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

What’s then an alternative way that we can attend and make our feelings known? All hold up red cards at at certain time?

By then Blackpool will be down, the playoffs out of reach and the sun may be shining. Just have a laugh and wave goodbye to Teemu.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Canary Jedi said:

We should all wear Richard Balls masks for 20 years and sing Pogues songs for the full 90 every week. Not that offensive Xmas one though. Boo. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Canario said:

On minute 90 (%) turn to the nearest wall and start pi**ing?

Not sure  that many would actually be able to pi55 up a wall, maybe a dribble onto their shoes. Life force doesnt seem that  strong , what with all the worrying about noisy neighbours. 

On 26/04/2023 at 15:46, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Well I’ve only ever been once, and it was quite foggy. I had a quick look in the Ballroom, but the Tower was closed . It was February so possibly not the right time to go. 

I wasn’t planning on going anyway as I’ll be at the football. 

About 20 years ago we drew Blackpool in the League Cup and I decided to go.  Half an hour before kickoff the heavens opened (we saw the storm approaching over the Irish Sea), and by the time we got into the ground the pitch was under water.  Ground staff were prodding it with garden forks and Bryan Hamilton was jumping on it to assess the scale of the problem.  Kickoff was delayed for half an hour then the game was called off.

So we went to see the illuminations and get some grub, then made our way home.  The A14 was closed and there were cattle all over the carriageway; the local plod were trying ineffectually to chase them away, which even at 2am was absolutely hilarious.  Happy days.

Edited by benchwarmer

No one is going to stop me showing my displeasure about the season as the f@ck wits make their lap of dishonour 

Wagner out Farke back 

16 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Do not lower your standards to responding to the Taig it is not of our own 

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

He cant help himself . Once the fear takes hold , most 'men' lose the run of themselves.  You included. What a bunch of whiners.  Grow some, get a life, you'll be better for it.  No need to thank me, id tell anyone who is scared the same thing. 

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Standards.?....such as pant wetting over a rival winning a few games in a lower division? Some standards. 

Full-time against Blackpool will be absolutely fantastic....I'll be able to say 'adios' 'verabschiedung' or 'cheerio' to our Stu who'll be  goin' to hopefully, pastures new....

But then again....more chance of Naga Munchetty jumping the BBC ship and going to GB news...

20 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Is it ridiculous to point out that we haven't been relegated?

We certainly need a serious rethink but boycotting a game is best saved for worse times.

Have a chant and a boo instead.

No it isn’t. 

Obviously either some have very short memories or a lot of youngsters posting their displeasure. If they think this is bad I can’t imagine what their reaction would be seeing us lose 5-1 and 6-1 in the space of 4 days in the middle of winter. 

I’m not a boycotter. Always prefer to be there than not be there regardless. If you are not there you miss the revival! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just go , enjoy saying bye to pukki, won’t do any good protesting , never has . The club make the decisions we just provide the money for them to play around with. Already provided them with money for next season with season ticket sales so I doubt they are that worried . 

On 26/04/2023 at 17:56, littleyellowbirdie said:

I spent the some days with him when I did work experience at the EDP back in the mid 2000s. I really liked him and had a great few days shadowing him. Really surprised me when I discovered how effusively anti-Delia he is.

I'm not sure he was in those days, but at some point the penny dropped and he realised he was being manipulated.

Edited by benchwarmer

On 28/04/2023 at 08:38, benchwarmer said:

About 20 years ago we drew Blackpool in the League Cup and I decided to go.  Half an hour before kickoff the heavens opened (we saw the storm approaching over the Irish Sea), and by the time we got into the ground the pitch was under water.  Ground staff were prodding it with garden forks and Bryan Hamilton was jumping on it to assess the scale of the problem.  Kickoff was delayed for half an hour then the game was called off.

So we went to see the illuminations and get some grub, then made our way home.  The A14 was closed and there were cattle all over the carriageway; the local plod were trying ineffectually to chase them away, which even at 2am was absolutely hilarious.  Happy days.

The most annoying things about that rain off evening at Blackpool was that after calling the game of both teams went out for a training session on the pitch that was deemed unfir to play a game on then Club Cabbage decided to make a night of it by taking us round the illuminations which meant we got back later than what we would have done if the game had been played!

I still went back the following Monday I think it was, for the rescheduled game. I'd say there was less than 300 Norwich fans present!

Edited by kingsway

Assuming my dodgy memory is correct, didn't we play Blackpool in the League Cup about 20 years ago or so and there was a mass brawl between the players in front of the Snakepit?. It might be worth going just to see that sort of thing again, better entertainment than the football.........