Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Boycott Blackpool

After the abject failure this season, lack of communication and accountability from the board of directors the time has come to boycott Carrow road. If the hierarchy at Norwich are not prepared to apologise to the fans and recognise the last few years failures, our only option as fans to show our frustration and displeasure is stay away. Hit them where it hurts

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Not fair on a genuine club legend in Teemu.

attend the game cheer on the team and demonstrate afterwards would be the best strategy ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Doubt many will boycott seeing Teemu. A bigger response would be staying for the game, supporting the boys, seeing off Teemu, then carry out a planned walkout/demonstration in the second half 

I'll whisper this as it is unrealistic - will you still boycott this match if we beat WBA at the Hawthorns on Saturday and Birmingham, Watford, the Blades and Hull win that day with Luton winning on Monday - hypothetically speaking what are your red lines? 😉 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Yellow Green Army said:

After the abject failure this season, lack of communication and accountability from the board of directors the time has come to boycott Carrow road. If the hierarchy at Norwich are not prepared to apologise to the fans and recognise the last few years failures, our only option as fans to show our frustration and displeasure is stay away. Hit them where it hurts

I've been boycotting for months

• Like 1

How about we all dress up as Geoffrey Boycott, nice pair of slacks, shirt and tie, blazer and straw Panama hat and go to Blackpool for the day?

• Haha 1

No thanks. I also think it's pointless demonstrating when we have no idea who will be in charge of the club next season, let alone anything else.

• Like 3

It might even put off those planning on being  in charge next season. They might see how angry the fans get and decide it isnt worth the effort!

Boycott Blackpool? I know it's generally regarded as a run-down dump but that's still a bit harsh 😉

I wouldn't boycott. For me the permanent joy I get from being there transcends any of the temporary disappointments. We are part of the soul of our club. 

Added to that you never know what you're going to miss. It's all very well stomping out in a bluster at 1-4 only to find out later the result was 4-4.

Added to that as we get older our future is more uncertain and I'd hate to leave this mortal coil knowing I'd passed on spending an afternoon at one of my favourite places.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Well I’ve only ever been once, and it was quite foggy. I had a quick look in the Ballroom, but the Tower was closed . It was February so possibly not the right time to go. 

I wasn’t planning on going anyway as I’ll be at the football. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Richard Balls is with you. 💪🏼

Even if I wanted to boycott, I wouldn't do it on the basis that D*ck Balls is 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellow Green Army said:

I imagine there are a fair few EFL teams who envy or ‘last few years failures.’

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

Normally I'd agree however most will want to give Teemu a clap and a song, let's not forget what he has contributed in the four seasons before this one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yellow Green Army said:

I’ve already paid for my season ticket so they’ve got my money regardless if I turn up or not so not really hurting them in the pocket in anyway 

I'll be going and clapping Teemu. I'm not particularly upset about it all anyhoo

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Richard Balls is with you. 💪🏼

Him and his mate looked a right pair of plums at the game Saturday. Like a pair of spoilt 17 year olds getting upset if people didn’t join in with their Webber out chants. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

I wouldn't boycott. For me the permanent joy I get from being there transcends any of the temporary disappointments. We are part of the soul of our club. 

Added to that you never know what you're going to miss. It's all very well stomping out in a bluster at 1-4 only to find out later the result was 4-4.

Added to that as we get older our future is more uncertain and I'd hate to leave this mortal coil knowing I'd passed on spending an afternoon at one of my favourite places.

And when you got home after stomping out at 1-4. You switch on the TV 📺 and find ot the final score was 4-4. Pukki got the first goal , then was subbed by Adam Idah who then played a blinder and scored a hat trick. 💥👍

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Him and his mate looked a right pair of plums at the game Saturday. Like a pair of spoilt 17 year olds getting upset if people didn’t join in with their Webber out chants. 

Nothing new there then...

2 hours ago, C.I.D said:

Boycott Blackpool? I know it's generally regarded as a run-down dump but that's still a bit harsh 😉

Quite - I’ve been boycotting it for years, only been the once.

35 minutes ago, Mengo said:

And when you got home after stomping out at 1-4. You switch on the TV 📺 and find ot the final score was 4-4. Pukki got the first goal , then was subbed by Adam Idah who then played a blinder and scored a hat trick. 💥👍

........and then you wake up......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Even if I wanted to boycott, I wouldn't do it on the basis that D*ck Balls is 

I spent the some days with him when I did work experience at the EDP back in the mid 2000s. I really liked him and had a great few days shadowing him. Really surprised me when I discovered how effusively anti-Delia he is.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

6 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I spent the some days with him when I did work experience at the EDP back in the mid 2000s. I really liked him and had a great few days shadowing him. Really surprised me when I discovered how effusively anti-Delia he is.

Richard is indeed a thoroughly decent bloke but apparently being anti Delia makes him a D-ck and a plum.

23 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Being anti-delia is fine but the whole announcing not renewing your season ticket on social media stinks of attention seeking.

image.png.0775910b31ff7d0ccdd5c48d7887fa15.png

26 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

........and then you wake up......

Yep, it was all a dream.