Sign in to follow this  
essex canary

The 2009 Rebate Issue

The Accounts are quite clear that Michael Foulger's matched £360,000 contribution was a Donation NOT a loan.

I think the only irony here is when we next got relegated 5 years later David McNally received a £367,000 bonus.

£360k eh? You could employ Ben Gibson for nearly 10 weeks with that in the back pocket. 

(He's one of our players by the way, plays on the field when fit.... Central Defender, indeed.)

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

The Accounts are quite clear that Michael Foulger's matched £360,000 contribution was a Donation NOT a loan.

I think the only irony here is when we next got relegated 5 years later David McNally received a £367,000 bonus.

McNallys package (oh er missus) was always a similar amount but paid from memory in a variety of different  ways including salary, bonus and pension contribution. I think back then you could stick more into a pension than you can now per annum. 

When we went up he got a promotion bonus. When we went down he received a bonus based on income/ profit, or some such.

Personally I think he was worth every penny considering what we achieved under him. 

Imagine , in 2008/9 if McNally had said "give me a million pounds and I'll get you in the Prem in 2 years, We would have bitten his hand off.  The end of DM wasn't pretty but he was an operator . 

Agitated , got his way , made a huge difference to that dreadful set up we had when relegated. . Eventually upset a few too many people. It all went stale and it ended.

Sounds familiar 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

Where is this thread intended to take us and to achieve what exactly ?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

When we went up he got a promotion bonus. When we went down he received a bonus based on income/ profit, or some such.

Whilst other staff, who enabled him to meet the requirements of his bonus, got nothing, and staff were laid off. That whole affair was disgusting and incredibly shortsighted of the board, it rewarded failure!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Where is this thread intended to take us and to achieve what exactly ?

I had one responder on here who claimed that Foulger put his money in for this and took it out the next year. Clearly that isn't correct.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

I had one responder on here who claimed that Foulger put his money in for this and took it out the next year. Clearly that isn't correct.

So why didn't you put it on that thread then and quite honestly with all the water that has gone under the bridge since 2009 who really cares ?

Foulger will be off the board in a month and McNasty left 6 years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

So why didn't you put it on that thread then and quite honestly with all the water that has gone under the bridge since 2009 who really cares ?

Foulger will be off the board in a month and McNasty left 6 years ago.

Just as well everyone is clear then for Foulgers last home game. Hope they will have drawn the line under minority shareholders too by then to enable us to give him his send off.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Just as well everyone is clear then for Foulgers last home game. Hope they will have drawn the line under minority shareholders too by then to enable us to give him his send off.

Another essex riddle of a post for ' everyone ' to solve .

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1