Terminally Yellow

The Officially Not Official Summer Transfer Thread 2023

8 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Just looked at this guys tweets, Joey Barton was joining as a coach in January and Webber was leaving then. I seriously doubt this a reliable account.

9 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Just looked at this guys tweets, Joey Barton was joining as a coach in January and Webber was leaving then. I seriously doubt this a reliable account.

The only part they’re probably right about is the ‘undisclosed fee’. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mrdi said:

The only part they’re probably right about is the ‘undisclosed fee’. 

Had it mentioned somewhere "currently injured" credibility status would've rocketed

2 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Not sure where to put this. So here will have to do.

This guy is about as reliable as a chocolate fireguard but we’ll see 

Where’s Aarons off too? I’ve heard Roma from a secret source 

8 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Where’s Aarons off too? I’ve heard Roma from a secret source 

Feels unlikely with Jose there- weren't there reports he didn't want Aarons at Spurs due to the height issues?

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is it BBQ? Or maybe Mayo?

Jerk 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Is it BBQ? Or maybe Mayo?

That joke really only works when people misspell source... 😜

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, king canary said:

Feels unlikely with Jose there- weren't there reports he didn't want Aarons at Spurs due to the height issues?

Isn't Jose heavily rumoured to be off to PSG ?  Roma have barely won a game for the past few months.

7 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

That joke really only works when people misspell source... 😜

We could resurrect the Reliable Sauces thread.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2023 at 22:29, tricky974 said:

Loan market can work well Skip was a great loan signing the problem is when we end up with a Hayden, Kabak,Norman ect

Equally, it could be said that we were after those three on permanent deals which we would have signed them on if we could afford at the time... I think all were on rumoured £10m deals if we stayed/went up.

To me, that absolutely underlines why loans are great. Hayden turned out to be a crock, Norman had an injury which appeared to deflate his SpongeBob-like inflatable muscles... 

I asked Google bard who we need to sign to get promoted:

------------------------

Norwich City should sign players in the following positions to ensure promotion from the Championship to the Premier League:

Striker: Norwich City need a proven goalscorer to lead the line in the Premier League. Some potential targets include Ashley Barnes, Dominic Solanke, and Ivan Toney.

Central defender: Norwich City's defense was leaky in the Premier League last season, and they need to add some more quality at the back. Some potential targets include James Tarkowski, Ben White, and Fikayo Tomori.

Central midfielder: Norwich City's midfield was also a bit light in the Premier League last season, and they need to add some more quality in the middle of the park. Some potential targets include Yves Bissouma, Declan Rice, and Jude Bellingham.

In addition to these positions, Norwich City could also look to add some depth to their squad in other areas. Some potential targets in these positions include Conor Gallagher, Ryan Sessegnon, and Tariq Lamptey.

Of course, these are just a few of the many players that Norwich City could sign in the summer. The club will need to do their due diligence and identify the players who are the best fit for their system and their needs. However, if they can sign a few of the players listed above, they will be in a good position to challenge for promotion from the Championship next season.

--------------------------

Get your chequebook out Deels. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

------------------------

Norwich City should sign players in the following positions to ensure promotion from the Championship to the Premier League:

Striker: Norwich City need a proven goalscorer to lead the line in the Premier League. Some potential targets include Ashley Barnes, Dominic Solanke, and Ivan Toney.

Central defender: Norwich City's defense was leaky in the Premier League last season, and they need to add some more quality at the back. Some potential targets include James Tarkowski, Ben White, and Fikayo Tomori.

Central midfielder: Norwich City's midfield was also a bit light in the Premier League last season, and they need to add some more quality in the middle of the park. Some potential targets include Yves Bissouma, Declan Rice, and Jude Bellingham.

In addition to these positions, Norwich City could also look to add some depth to their squad in other areas. Some potential targets in these positions include Conor Gallagher, Ryan Sessegnon, and Tariq Lamptey.

Of course, these are just a few of the many players that Norwich City could sign in the summer. The club will need to do their due diligence and identify the players who are the best fit for their system and their needs. However, if they can sign a few of the players listed above, they will be in a good position to challenge for promotion from the Championship next season.

Typical brain-washed happy-clapper Norwich City fan setting your sights way too low.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

------------------------

Well at least Webber can rest easy that AI isn't stealing his job anytime soon. 

• Haha 1

Jonson Clarke Harris has been transfer listed by Peterborough, I genuinely think he would be a good addition to our squad. Saying that, Michael Bailey seems to think that Ashley Barnes will be our one & only addition to the striker department. 

2 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Jonson Clarke Harris has been transfer listed by Peterborough, I genuinely think he would be a good addition to our squad. Saying that, Michael Bailey seems to think that Ashley Barnes will be our one & only addition to the striker department. 

Would be a very good transfer but do feel we would be just one of many countless clubs after him

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would be a very good transfer but do feel we would be just one of many countless clubs after him

I agree 

Massively over hyped striker by our fanbase. Wouldn't take him ahead of any of our current 3, even Idah.

If he was putting up those numbers in league at 21 or 22 like Ivan Toney it would be worth a shot but he only scored 12 in his last Championship season. Less than Sargent who we played out of position inn half his games.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Well at least Webber can rest easy that AI isn't stealing his job anytime soon. 

Nah, this club has never been ambitious enough, AI in, Delia out

15 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Massively over hyped striker by our fanbase. Wouldn't take him ahead of any of our current 3, even Idah.

If he was putting up those numbers in league at 21 or 22 like Ivan Toney it would be worth a shot but he only scored 12 in his last Championship season. Less than Sargent who we played out of position inn half his games.

Yeah he's 28, likely won't be cheap and I'm not sure would be an upgrade on Sargent. Right now we've got bigger needs in other positions. 

• Like 1

So I tried chatGPT which was a bit more realistic, although we have to forgive that its knowledge cutoff point is two years out of date.

As an AI language model, I can provide you with some general suggestions for potential transfer targets for Norwich City FC. However, please note that I don't have access to the latest transfer news or specific team needs beyond my knowledge cutoff in September 2021. It's always best to consult up-to-date sources and the club's official announcements for the most accurate information. That said, here are some types of players Norwich City FC might consider:

1. Championship Standouts: Look for talented players who have performed well in the Championship, as Norwich City has returned to the Premier League after promotion. This could include players like Ivan Toney (Brentford) or Arnaut Danjuma (Bournemouth).

2. Loan Signings: Premier League clubs often loan out talented young players to gain experience. Norwich City could explore loan deals for promising talents from bigger clubs who might benefit from regular game time. For example, a player like Harvey Elliott (Liverpool) or Billy Gilmour (Chelsea) could be considered.

3. Experienced Premier League Players: Adding players with Premier League experience can provide leadership and stability. Look for players who may be available on free transfers or reasonable fees due to contract situations or relegation clauses. For instance, players like Danny Rose (unattached) or Josh King (unattached as of my knowledge cutoff) might be worth considering.

4. Foreign Markets: Norwich City could explore the foreign transfer market for relatively unknown talents who could make an impact. Scandinavian leagues and other European markets have produced some gems in recent years. Scouting young players with potential could pay off in the long run.

5. Defensive Reinforcements: Norwich City might want to strengthen their defense, considering the competitiveness of the Premier League. Look for versatile defenders who can adapt to different systems and potentially provide cover across multiple positions.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Nah, this club has never been ambitious enough, AI in, Delia out

Who’s AL? Lol :  D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Who’s AL? Lol :  D

I can call you Betty and Betty when you call me you can call me....

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

So I tried chatGPT which was a bit more realistic, although we have to forgive that its knowledge cutoff point is two years out of date.

As an AI language model, I can provide you with some general suggestions for potential transfer targets for Norwich City FC. However, please note that I don't have access to the latest transfer news or specific team needs beyond my knowledge cutoff in September 2021.

Yeah I also tried chatGPT and went to Bard instead for some up to date cutting edge insight drawn live from current data 🙃 Declan Rice would do a job though wouldn't he, I'm disappointed in our lack of ambition, Delia out, grab me bedsheet and all that.