Sign in to follow this  
apprentice

PRO CONTRACTS FOR YOUNGSTERS

I have just heard that Norwich have offered 1 year pro contracts to all but 2 of their current 2nd and 3rd year scholars.  Lets hope that finally Worthy is going to take a leaf out of Ipswichs book and start doing something with them.

Thats good news, about time we started to give the youngsters some encouragement.

If this is true it is excellent news.
Seeing as our under 18''s are just behind Arsenal''s in the league it is clear they do have some quality and potential.

[quote user="David Colman"]I have just heard that Norwich have offered 1 year pro contracts to all but 2 of their current 2nd and 3rd year scholars.  Lets hope that finally Worthy is going to take a leaf out of Ipswichs book and start doing something with them.[/quote] Wow that must be a lot of contracts we''ve offered. It''s good to hear. A good youth policy is so important in the Champ as a good source of free talent. Let''s hope some new Eadies, Bellamys, Greens and Shackells role off the production line!!

At a guess (assuming this story is true), the board have at long last accepted that we need a bigger squad but don''t want to spend any money.  Several Academy boys (not just Spillane and Cave-Brown) were given squad numbers around Christmas time to make the squad look bigger, when there was no earthly chance of them playing.  At the time I was a bit concerned that this cosmetic exercise would encourage false hopes of getting a contract.  Now it looks as though they won''t be disappointed, and that''s a good thing.  It''s great news if we really do have a good crop of youngsters coming through at last.  They must be an exceptional group, as it''s almost unheard of for so many to get contracts at once.  As you can probably tell, I''m slightly sceptical about the board''s motives. 

Having called for this to happen, I hope that we as fans will learn to be patient with youngsters trying to break into the side, as our past record in this regard is nothing to be proud of.  

Talking of spending money, where do you think the £6 million parachute money has gone?  Where is next season''s £6 million going?  This isn''t a rhetorical question, I really would like to know, and I think we have a right to know.  Any ideas?

[quote user="mystic megson"]

At a guess (assuming this story is true), the board have at long last accepted that we need a bigger squad but don''t want to spend any money.  Several Academy boys (not just Spillane and Cave-Brown) were given squad numbers around Christmas time to make the squad look bigger, when there was no earthly chance of them playing.  At the time I was a bit concerned that this cosmetic exercise would encourage false hopes of getting a contract.  Now it looks as though they won''t be disappointed, and that''s a good thing.  It''s great news if we really do have a good crop of youngsters coming through at last.  They must be an exceptional group, as it''s almost unheard of for so many to get contracts at once.  As you can probably tell, I''m slightly sceptical about the board''s motives. 

Having called for this to happen, I hope that we as fans will learn to be patient with youngsters trying to break into the side, as our past record in this regard is nothing to be proud of.  

Talking of spending money, where do you think the £6 million parachute money has gone?  Where is next season''s £6 million going?  This isn''t a rhetorical question, I really would like to know, and I think we have a right to know.  Any ideas?

[/quote] all of the £6 mill from last year wiil be accounted for in the end of year accounts so not long to wait! this years will I thing be about 50-60% on the player budget the rest to keep the bank happy (IMO)

[quote user="DuncanMirams"]

If this is true it is excellent news.
Seeing as our under 18''s are just behind Arsenal''s in the league it is clear they do have some quality and potential.

[/quote]

prehaps thats the reason!

they are doing to well, so give them to worthy to wreck their careers, play them out of posistion, and dump them in the reserves....

.... everyone goes home happy.....

is this a sign that the club may actually be listening? its great news, but, of course, it doesnt mean that they will get played!

The lads offered 1 year pro contracts are Andrew Cave Brown, Andrew Fisk, Matthew Halliday & Robert Eagle.  The 2 who were not offered anything are Adam Gusterson and Lee Howlett.  Michael Spillane I believe will be offered a 5 year deal at the end of the season, I dont think he is old enough to sign a contract yet.

[quote user="David Colman"]The lads offered 1 year pro contracts are Andrew Cave Brown, Andrew Fisk, Matthew Halliday & Robert Eagle.  The 2 who were not offered anything are Adam Gusterson and Lee Howlett.  Michael Spillane I believe will be offered a 5 year deal at the end of the season, I dont think he is old enough to sign a contract yet.[/quote]

Spillane for 5 Years, WOW! That''ll be good. Who is Robert Eagle and have Asmat and Bally been offered anything or are they already on contracts