Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Todd speaks well kind of

2 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I wonder who he feels treated him badly. 

Well the obvious one would be Webber remember his sitting on the floor sulking comments . But confused though as he seems to be suggesting he was treated well??

• Like 1

How many pages of speculation about what this means?

Staff that work within the club who helped guide me and be a part of my journey. The treatment I received towards the backend of my spell was mind blowing and beyond anything I ever imagined was possible in football. You the fans never had the truth.

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

How many pages of speculation about what this means?

Staff that work within the club who helped guide me and be a part of my journey. The treatment I received towards the backend of my spell was mind blowing and beyond anything I ever imagined was possible in football. You the fans never had the truth.

Hard to tell whether that’s meant to be a positive or a negative ??

1 minute ago, Soldier on said:

Or just a misplaced sarcastic pisßtake?

1 minute ago, Soldier on said:

I have no idea but I'm sure some people will know exactly what he's saying. 😀

"****, they've forgotten about me, better put out another vague and obscure tweet to keep me in the conversation despite literally everyone else having moved on ages ago"

• Like 1

Ah, posting something and then deleting it moments later, straight from the Attention Seekers handbook - which I think Cantwell must have written, actually.

Next it'll be a cryptic Facebook status and when people reply asking what he means he'll reply "I'll pm you"

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I see he's already deleted it.. Guess the truth wont come out then

As posted previously

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

already deleted...

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

Ah, posting something and then deleting it moments later, straight from the Attention Seekers handbook - which I think Cantwell must have written, actually.

Next it'll be a cryptic Facebook status and when people reply asking what he means he'll reply "I'll pm you"

Surely he'd have deleted it immediately,  so no one would have seen it!

1 hour ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I sometimes wonder if his account has been hacked or if he really is just stupid. 

Some people are just plain stupid.

I have this theory that we wanted to flog him before Emi and a good offer came in that he wouldn’t accept so we then pushed him out to the fringes and let him run his deal down

11 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I prefer Todd’s dance move videos, I was getting quite good copying them. 

I tried one of them and fell over. Then I rolled around clutching my ankle. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Max? Is that you?

• Haha 2

Hopefully he can return some day, clearly loves the club as this is circling in his head. 

Or perhaps it's an ego thing and he's swore to get revenge on whoever 'wronged' him?  

Good to hear he still feels connected to us, but maybe he had an attitude that not just our managers,  but also at Bournemouth  didn't go along with?

I am pleased he is playing well again but I still think it's a shame Todd didn't stay as for me,  he was our main creative outlet, as he is demonstrating at Rangers.

I would have him back any day,  and we certainly could have done with him this season

• Like 1

Say what you want about Todd but it's depressing that we've gone from him and Buendia to the likes of Tzolis and Marquinhos. I can't see how anyone can say we're better off.

• Like 1

Undoubtedly a complex character. 

During Farkes second promotion season I often had the opportunity to watch the team report  pre match. They all arrived at CR. Parked in their favourite spaces . Then boarded  the Marrets Chariot bus and drive ( I think) to Park Farm. 

Farke was always last on the bus. You could feel the discipline. The senior players (like Pukki ) would arrive and park in the same space. More junior players - i particularly recall Placheta - would sometimes be moved on from their spaces if this was “reserved” for seniors. There was set ways accepted by all. It was , after all , working on the pitch. 

Cantwell always had to be slightly different . He was often last . Some players would bring 4 coffees for their teammates - never Todd. If all of the players had their boot bags or regulation issue rucksacks , Todd would have a designer one. When it was cold he would have a different colour hat to everyone else . 

On promotion you could see the upgrades in some of the cars . Pukki stuck with the Audi Q7 . Todd went for the Lambo. 

When Smith came in the players stopped getting on the bus and would instead go into the ground early . Word went around and the eBayers would be out in force outside the reception . The players had to “run the gauntlet “ but were mostly terrific - signing anything and having pics taken with the kids. Sometime  Todd would great with the fans and others he would be the only one to walk straight past everyone with his head down . 

Todd managed to become disengaged with every manager . Farke pulled him back into the squad but he had started to fall away again end the end of Farkes era. Smith brought Cantwell straight back in , but after a while Todd got another instagram announced injury . I recall sitting behind the dugouts during another premier league defeat (it may have been the Arsenal game I can’t be sure). When Todd saw the third sub go on meaning he wasn’t going to play, he threw his woolly gloves on the floor and stormed down the tunnel. The game wasn’t finished . 

I read the narrative that under Wagner , Todd was “frozen out” . An alternative view is that at this point TC had made it clear he wasn’t going to sign a contract so the club worked on shipping him out. Whatever fee we got from Rangers was better then nothing . 

So we reach a point where Todd has gone. Playing at a standard that suits. But still Cantwell insists on messaging via social media? Suggesting the employment of dark arts. You have to question why . Why Todd doesn’t just get on with it . I think there is a complexity in him that will never leave him and I hope for his sake he can concentrate on being the very best footballer his ability will allow. 

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Did you then sit down and have a good sulk ? 😆

3 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Did you then sit down and have a good sulk ? 😆

Of course. And posted on twitter. It was 2 years ago but I'm still a bit annoyed about it.