The Carrow Road legends banner

1) Harry Kane

2) Tony Cottee

3) Jan Mølby

4) David Rocastle

5) Leroy Lita

6) Peter Crouch

Edited by Pyro Pete

I'm of a late eighties supporting vintage so the likes of Peters, Keelan, Gavin, Forbes & Stringer (as a player) are beyond my ken.

So I'll go for, in no particular order: B. Gunn, Crook, Wes, Grant Holt, Huckerby, Tettey

I'd like to squeeze Jeremy Goss in there too somehow for those magic memories - supporters of all clubs from that era remember his goals. Can we have 7 banners please?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Goss spent most of his time in the Reserves as it was then as a headless chicken.  Scored those volleys I know but lived off them ever since.

Great goals though!

12 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Obviously they don't want to commit to anyone from the current squad as they might not be here next season.

Grant Holt for me and stick right outside the away fans entrance to greet the Binners next season.

A 40ft version of this image would be superb.

ED0C51F0-17F8-4AB6-8A44-EF30B5049276.jpeg

image.jpeg.bcc87139db182cbf6f5efab3a88c8ced.jpegimage.jpeg.3f5c66f50c62bad9ff8b026c86753b7d.jpeg

These two legends mounted either side of the South Stand...They would put a smile on even the most miserable of miserablists...

23 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

image.jpeg.bcc87139db182cbf6f5efab3a88c8ced.jpegimage.jpeg.3f5c66f50c62bad9ff8b026c86753b7d.jpeg

These two legends mounted either side of the South Stand...They would put a smile on even the most miserable of miserablists...

Never mind that - we should rename a stand in honour of Puppet Man

44 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

A 40ft version of this image would be superb.

ED0C51F0-17F8-4AB6-8A44-EF30B5049276.jpeg

That's exactly the one I had it mind.

Would Steve Bruce be a crap choice?  Whenever I think legends I think of who brought the very best moments, and his header against Ipswich to take us on to Milk Cup final comes right to the top of that list.

I was too young to really appreciate what else he did for us, though.  So don't know if he'd be considered a 'legend'.

1 hour ago, mrdi said:

An embarrassment to Norwich should have stayed in Yarmouth 

Edited by daly

Keelan, Fashanu, Huckerby, Hoolahan, Holt, Tettey.

(Would have chosen Forbes, but assume his River End banner is staying.)

Edited by Feedthewolf

Keelan, Stringer (assuming Forbes' current one stays), Ashman, Bly, Paddon, Peters.

But as others have said, this is really difficult. A wrap around mural with many others surely isn't beyond the capability of the club, given the nature of the cladding?

2 hours ago, mrdi said:

Don't forget Muffin the Mule.

Btw you can now connect with Muffin on Facebook 🤡 ...... Jeez, I think I've lived too long.

Seriously though, it's impossible to squeeze the best into six picks. Found myself agreeing with several of the posters here and can't come up with a list of my own better than any of them. We really have been privileged to see some fine footballers down the years and recent lists are at least the equal of those of old stagers'. It's pretty grim right now but looking back reminds that we always have another cycle of talent to look forward to. I just love our club no matter what. OTBC

• Like 3

21 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Some on here will probably suggest eric ducking gates...

Or paul I’d walk a mile and a bit mariner ….

• Haha 1

Dean coney 

Raymond de waard

fernando derveld

gaetano gialanza

jan molby ( the one who couldn’t fit in our shirt, not the cultured footballer he once was!) 

Huckerby's has got to be on there right? I've never heard Carrow Road as loud as it was when Huckerby came on during Adam Drury's testimonial, it was deafening and I've never heard anything like it at CR before or since.  The 2-0 Man Utd win/Jackson's goal v Derby/Vrancic v Blackburn etc were loud but I've never heard anything like that before. 

I can't comment on any player who appeared for us before the 2001/2 season but my 6? Huckerby, Roberts, Grant Holt, Hoolahan, Martin and Pukki. There are obviously more deserving players who played for us in that past than some on that list but they're the legends of my time supporting.

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann