cambridgeshire canary

**official lappinitup match thread Boro V Canaries**

6 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

We've sacked two managers in 2 seasons for not progressing. And 3rd manager is struggling to get a tune out of this squad.

And yet one man has been solely responsible for recruitment, which has been utterly appalling. Surely on those grounds alone Webber should be sacked! 

We are absolutely miles and miles off aren’t we. He’s built a side with absolutely no spine at all. They wilt at any sign of pressure. It’s a good job this league is so poor this year as previous years we’d be in relegation trouble. 

Shame that Wagner had the decency to shake hands. The decision not to put the ball out for Sam's injury initiated the horrendous downfall that followed.

I'm by no means suggesting we would have won before you shout me down.

1 minute ago, ncfc-tom said:

Shame that Wagner had the decency to shake hands. The decision not to put the ball out for Sam's injury initiated the horrendous downfall that followed.

We had the chance to put it out too 🤷

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

We are absolutely miles and miles off aren’t we. He’s built a side with absolutely no spine at all. They wilt at any sign of pressure. It’s a good job this league is so poor this year as previous years we’d be in relegation trouble. 

Agree with the lack of spine but also players who can play in tight spaces. Our actual football has gone so far backwards, teams quickly worked out that this Norwich team can’t play around them like the last 2 so press us high and then hurt us when we make a mistake. Makes you yearn for a Leitner, Trybull, Vrancic or Stipermann let alone an Emi.

• Like 1

Absolutely ****ing pathetic. Gave up after 5 minutes . 
Club is currently hopeless to the core. A  PR disaster . Sporting Director who is lost. Lack of talent everywhere .  A board that mostly don’t want to be there or take any responsibility. Glacial takeover . 

boll0cks to everything . 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

We had the chance to put it out too 🤷

Yep, exactly. Only annoying this is we put it out for Ramseys injury,  rather than attacking against ten men. But then I've always thought we are far too nice in that regard.

• Like 1

On 'paper' we can win those last 4 games

An awful QPR , an on-the-beach Swansea, a WBA who may have nothing to play for, and an already relegated Blackpool

...however I'm not sure 73 points is usually enough to get a playoff place?..75 is invariably the benchmark

...who am I kidding anywa y,this lot arent capable of winning 4 in a row

1 minute ago, ncfc-tom said:

I don’t think they were upset that they didn’t put the ball out. It’s common knowledge that if it’s no head injury there’s no need to stop play. The issue came from the fact that the game was stopped by the ref for a free kick and out downed player wasn’t allowed to receive treatment for the sake of a quick free kick. 

2 minutes ago, ncfc-tom said:

‘Injury’. It was hardly David Busst, was it?

Boro played to the whistle, we didn’t. Proper footballing 101 right there. 

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

An awful QPR , an on-the-beach Swansea, a WBA who may have nothing to play for, and an already relegated Blackpool

...however I'm not sure 73 points is usually enough to get a playoff place?..75 is invariably the benchmark

Also the prize we would win is 2 legs of football against a team likely to beat us comfortably twice.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Yep, exactly. Only annoying this is we put it out for Ramseys injury,  rather than attacking against ten men. But then I've always thought we are far too nice in that regard.

Agree - We're far too nice full stop. 

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

This team aren’t capable of performing for 10 minutes let alone 4 games.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Also the prize we would win is 2 legs of football against a team likely to beat us comfortably twice.

I'd like to think that having won 4 in a row to have got there ...plus a few players returning to fitness would put us in better shape than we are now, going into them...

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'd like to think that having won 4 in a row to have got there ...plus a few players returning to fitness would put us in better shape than we are now, going into them...

Whatever your smoking..  could you at least share it!?

1 minute ago, Big O said:

Agree with the lack of spine but also players who can play in tight spaces. Our actual football has gone so far backwards, teams quickly worked out that this Norwich team can’t play around them like the last 2 so press us high and then hurt us when we make a mistake. Makes you yearn for a Leitner, Trybull, Vrancic or Stipermann let alone an Emi.

There’s no character or fight at all from this group. Every time they’ve had a chance to grab a play off spot this season the wilt at the weight of expectations. Remember the years under Farke where the side would perform under pressure god how far we’ve fallen. 

Webber is a fallacy, 10 failures for every one that’s worked. All bar 1 of the players we’ve sold to keep in existence had been signed by others before his arrival. Absolutely no better off now than when McNally left. 

9 minutes ago, ncfc-tom said:

Glad you added that final sentence. 

We were total s*ite…..

11 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Just let it go GJLMNC. It’s not good for one’s health….

Just shows how when you are playing well with the right formation, you can score  with 5 shots. We looked bereft of confidence and positivity. All sideways passed in little triangles so tha twe will have had the greater possession but did nothing with it.

We are wearing Sara out. He is the player who can spark life in the team but with two up front, two who are not enjoying good form, and two wingers, the midfield is wide open. That is Wagener's fault. He could have returned to five in the middle but that is two games where we have lost it in midfield. 

Wonder what odds you can get on a 7 game winning run now, beating Luton at Wembley?

Think maybe too much red wine has gone in tonight! 

Why does Angus always get sent out to do the post-match interviews when we have a shocker? Poor lad.

One of the senior players (yes, I know Angus isn't young anymore) like Pukki should come out and face the music.

46 minutes ago, Big O said:

Vrancic would walk into this midfield even now.

1 minute ago, Broads15t said:

Well, he could never really run , but yep , agree , at least he could play football.  

5 minutes ago, Broads15t said:

He'd probably walk into the striker role to be fair

28 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Just shows how when you are playing well with the right formation, you can score  with 5 shots. We looked bereft of confidence and positivity. All sideways passed in little triangles so tha twe will have had the greater possession but did nothing with it.

We are wearing Sara out. He is the player who can spark life in the team but with two up front, two who are not enjoying good form, and two wingers, the midfield is wide open. That is Wagener's fault. He could have returned to five in the middle but that is two games where we have lost it in midfield. 

We need a complete reset. All the slow build up from the back is getting us nowhere because when a defender eventually decides to move the ball forward they are unable to find anyone in space and we are easily picked off. Sara is promising but he cant do it by himself and there is really no link with our front players. When passes are made they invariably go to the likes of Sargent, Pukki and Hernandez who already have a defender marking them tight and possession is quickly lost. On top of all this our passing tonight was woeful. In his early days Nunez actually showed good midfield talent in that he could quickly control the ball and create his own space, look up and play a decent ball. I know its early days, but it is worrying that Wagner shows no signs of improving tactics on any part of the pitch.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

They could have had three men down, we could have been attacking against eight men, but we would have contrived to give the ball away way before we had created a goal scoring opportunity.

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

I don't think we can judge Wagner right now. It's not his team.

They said that about Smith .

It was **** then and is still **** now.