Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

who else is a delia doubter?

my loyalty first and foremost if to NCFC, not to the board, manager or players.  if I consider it to be in the best interests of NCFC, i will support them, individually or combined. I believe worthy and delia have done exceptional jobs for city, but are they both running out of the steam now?I became a worthy doubter at the beginning of the prem season and by the autumn of last year i was a worthy outer - because in my opinion he''s not the same manager with quality players as he is with good/decent players.  i feel we need someone who can get the best out of these types of players to take city to the next level. life is cruel, and perhaps worthy has been a victim of his own success in this regard.fair dues to delia for having the courage of her own convictions to stand by worthy and support him.  we probably all have experiences in life where we''ve stuck by a seemingly hopeless task and triumphed in the end.  my own such experiences gave me a valued insight into myself that made me a stronger person.  i do have sympathy for worthy and am amazed at his subborness to dig in and succeed, however that still doesn''t make him the right man for the job at this time in the life of NCFC. I would have no hesitation in supporting worthy during his darkest moments, if i thought he could take us further.  this doesn''t make me disloyal, fickle, gutless or spineless, its just my considered opinion and yes, after delia''s appeal i am open minded enough to be persuaded and indeed proved wrong by him, because above all else i''m merely a loyal supporter of ncfc and want what''s best for the club. if this means i have to wear egg on my face for a while becuase worthy does prove himself to be worthy, then i am happy to do so. However, for the time being, i remain worthy outer and at the moment also i''m beginning to feel like a delia doubter.

its not just her kitchen that has/had a lack of training, we can see a lack of training on the pitch too

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]my loyalty first and foremost if to NCFC, not to the board, manager or players.  if I consider it to be in the best interests of NCFC, i will support them, individually or combined.

I believe worthy and delia have done exceptional jobs for city, but are they both running out of the steam now?

I became a worthy doubter at the beginning of the prem season and by the autumn of last year i was a worthy outer - because in my opinion he''s not the same manager with quality players as he is with good/decent players.  i feel we need someone who can get the best out of these types of players to take city to the next level. life is cruel, and perhaps worthy has been a victim of his own success in this regard.

fair dues to delia for having the courage of her own convictions to stand by worthy and support him.  we probably all have experiences in life where we''ve stuck by a seemingly hopeless task and triumphed in the end.  my own such experiences gave me a valued insight into myself that made me a stronger person.  i do have sympathy for worthy and am amazed at his subborness to dig in and succeed, however that still doesn''t make him the right man for the job at this time in the life of NCFC.

I would have no hesitation in supporting worthy during his darkest moments, if i thought he could take us further.  this doesn''t make me disloyal, fickle, gutless or spineless, its just my considered opinion and yes, after delia''s appeal i am open minded enough to be persuaded and indeed proved wrong by him, because above all else i''m merely a loyal supporter of ncfc and want what''s best for the club. if this means i have to wear egg on my face for a while becuase worthy does prove himself to be worthy, then i am happy to do so.

However, for the time being, i remain worthy outer and at the moment also i''m beginning to feel like a delia doubter.

[/quote]

Well I want Delia out, does that count LGT?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]my loyalty first and foremost if to NCFC, not to the board, manager or players.  if I consider it to be in the best interests of NCFC, i will support them, individually or combined. I believe worthy and delia have done exceptional jobs for city, but are they both running out of the steam now?I became a worthy doubter at the beginning of the prem season and by the autumn of last year i was a worthy outer - because in my opinion he''s not the same manager with quality players as he is with good/decent players.  i feel we need someone who can get the best out of these types of players to take city to the next level. life is cruel, and perhaps worthy has been a victim of his own success in this regard.fair dues to delia for having the courage of her own convictions to stand by worthy and support him.  we probably all have experiences in life where we''ve stuck by a seemingly hopeless task and triumphed in the end.  my own such experiences gave me a valued insight into myself that made me a stronger person.  i do have sympathy for worthy and am amazed at his subborness to dig in and succeed, however that still doesn''t make him the right man for the job at this time in the life of NCFC. I would have no hesitation in supporting worthy during his darkest moments, if i thought he could take us further.  this doesn''t make me disloyal, fickle, gutless or spineless, its just my considered opinion and yes, after delia''s appeal i am open minded enough to be persuaded and indeed proved wrong by him, because above all else i''m merely a loyal supporter of ncfc and want what''s best for the club. if this means i have to wear egg on my face for a while becuase worthy does prove himself to be worthy, then i am happy to do so. However, for the time being, i remain worthy outer and at the moment also i''m beginning to feel like a delia doubter.

[/quote]

Well I want Delia out, does that count LGT?.

[/quote]I''d say at least!  fair to say you''re ahead of the pack.

For goodness sake, this is madness! Without the support of this lady, we would not have a Club of any sort, let alone one that has been Champions of The Championship, and had a real good go at Premier survival in her time at the Club. All she is doing at present, is making a judgement call, and backing it. Good on her, I say. And long may it continue. And if and when things need changing mark my words, she will do it.

I think you have all forgotten how much Delia has done for our club. Without Delia you would have never seen players like Huckerby/Ashton at this club. Delia does not control everything at the club, she is nto even the Chairman. Just because the realisation has kicked in that you do not have the power to overthrow the manager goes not mean you should look for a scape goat in someone that has done everything in her power to bring back this club from financial turmiol to one, if not the richest club in the league. I am a Worthy outer but do not turn on people that have doen more for this club than anyone else has done in our history. 

delia has been a saviour for this club i want her to stay.

however i do question her blind faith in support of managers ( not just worthy also hamilton ).

Delia took this club from relegation to tbe permiership. The fact that we are even doubting her is bringing up doubts in my mind as to wether we really are the fantastic fans that we are known for

from where I''m sitting this seems all a bit , well, er, like blind faith

sure she has done wonderful things for this club, but that doesnt mean she is beyond criticisms. the question should be if the criticisms are well founded and based upon any shred of fact not whether she should be criticised.

[quote user="NimChimpskee"]

Delia is a legend - shame on you doubters.

Lets be ''avin you!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Second that. She''s neither club chairman nor politician, yet she''s

accepts the role as public face of NCFC and all the Millwall chants

that go with that.

Shes the best thing to happen to NCFC in my lifetime - long may she remain a fan.

Delia is a legend! I think people need to stop and think where our club would be realistically without her. I know its impossible to say for sure, but I would guess that we would be looking at teams in the top half of the Championship with envy. 

steady on chaps, i''m not suggesting delia goes or hasn''t a yella & green heart. on the contrary, shes done us all proud.however, i think the replies show many posters have put delia on a pedestal - no one is beyond reproach and cannot afford to rely on reputation alone or forever, which she would accept.  on an individual level, i am extremely thankful that she stepped in after chase and furthermore i''m also grateful for what worthy has achieved up until now. I also admire their strengths of personality.However, as a loyal fan of ncfc, i want the best for city and all i''m saying is that i have doubts that delia''s continued support of worthy as manager in the face of considerable fan opinion and protest is necessarily the best way forward for city.if i didn''t think this way, i would be negligent of my oath to NCFC in my opinion.

Yes she has done wonders for this club and I would rather have her than any other Chairman in the football league (Steve Gibson apart, perhaps)

BUT, I find her attitude and her public comments over this whole affair naive, patronising, complacent and selective with the facts.

In fact Roger Munby''s recent comments were far more astute than Delias, which were probably drafted by her lawyer. I love Delia a lot but I am not with her on her current approach to the question of Nigel Worthington''s future.

[quote user="Northern Canary"]

Delia took this club from relegation to tbe permiership. The fact that we are even doubting her is bringing up doubts in my mind as to wether we really are the fantastic fans that we are known for

[/quote]

Yet many KTFers claim Worthy got us promoted, well, which is it?.

Delia Smith is a rather ordinary person who has had extraordinary good fortune through her line of work and is quietly and ably supported and steered by her husband. Don''t expect her to be a media powerhouse, she even looks uncertain and uneasy doing cookery on the television  but for some reason she is trusted by the home cooks of Britain because her recipes work and they see something of themselves in her.

I have no doubt that those who do support and advise Delia and in particular MWJ would have no doubt about jettisoning Worthy to protect their own positions.

I think this was a rather good and thought provoking post. I am sure we all are questioning the manager and the board in relation to this season performances.

From my own stand point I am prepared to give Worthy time and the Board. Been a crap season, but we are now 11th and hopefully starting to bond as a team for next season… Yes I know we wanted to bounce straight back, but alas that’s unlikely.

The board has made it plain to my mind that no changes are going to happen this season, so let’s see if we can put in some decent shows and maybe start to build again. Blind faith, or a sense of “don’t panic” it’s up to you decide…. For me it’s not time to change just yet. Just my humble opinion.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Northern Canary"]

[/quote]

Yet many KTFers claim Worthy got us promoted, well, which is it?.

[/quote]

err..both of them. Understand?