Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

worthyout.co.uk

Organiser of the worthyout website have released the following

The Worthyout campaign (worthyout.co.uk) have no plans to organise a protest at the next home game against Sheffield United and would ask all Norwich City fans to follow this lead.

Taking into consideration the good result and improved performance against Leeds United we feel that to organise a protest would only serve to widen the gulf in the fan base.

We feel that it is necessary to have a time of calm while NCISA meets with the club for their discussions and to await the results of that meeting

The Worthyout campaign has gained substantial momentum in the last month, even more noticeably over the last two weeks, with a clear message being given to the club and the media that we can no longer be termed a minority.
This has had an effect on the club as demonstrated by Barry Skippers comments, Delia and Michael''s statement and even the manager himself, showing passion.

We would like the Club to issue a statement saying what is expected of the management instead of appearing to be satisfied with performances. In addition an attempt to bridge the gulf that exists between Club and fans instead of continuing to widen it by questioning our loyalty.

We wish to point out that this campaign is directed towards the the management and coaching staff of our club, and never has been directed at the players either individually or collectively as a team. This is contrary to comments seen in the media, heard on the radio and directed at us personally.

We strongly point out that the protest arranged by the Worthyout campaign has been well organised and
executed in a peaceable and good natured way despite provocation aimed at those taking part. It should also be noted that the protest was timed to be concluded before the players left the field for their final preparations before kick off; and was held outside the ground away from the area of the dressing room. Those taking part were made aware that foul and abusive language would not be tolerated, and to show our continued support for the players chants of players names would be used to demonstrate this. Once inside the ground and during the game we encouraged everyone to get fully behind the team as they saw fit.

sensible decision in my view - nothing will happen now until the end of the season. in the best interests of the club, to take the decision away from the fans and the board, i fully expect and trust worthy will judge himself at the end of the season following his ''no excuses'' declaration before it commenced. 

hopefully not a loss against sheffield and we will back on track [:D]

or if not, April 1st anyone?

oh just realised, as its april fools day, so our players acting like clowns will be normal!

Good decision in my view. We''ve had the meeting, had the protest, had the worthy out chants. Delia and co know the situation, I dont think anything else will change their minds. Id rather spend our time creating the "friendly club" atmosphere again, no in-fighting anymore. Maybe another protest in a few games time if things dont improve, but lets have a great atmosphere saturday, Id like nothing more than for Colin and co to stuff it up and not get promoted.

Im afraid i cant agree with that.As a supporter im am a individual & do not have to follow anyones insructions,ideas or the like. I am not a member of www.wortyhout.co.uk although i am a worthy outer and will do as i feel come 3pm on saturday.

To not do anything is dam right daft,its saying to worthless ''You get a point away from home & we wont shout worthy out at the next game''

LOL, who''s doing the spinning.

"Taking into consideration the good result and improved performance against Leeds United we feel that to organise a protest would only serve to widen the gulf in the fan base."

I think that they''re afraid that they won''t get as many protesters after thier opportunist protest after a 4-0 defeat. Isn''t the protest meant to be about performances, if thats so how has 45 minutes changed anything?

[quote user="A load of squit"]

LOL, who''s doing the spinning.

"Taking into consideration the good result and improved performance against Leeds United we feel that to organise a protest would only serve to widen the gulf in the fan base."

I think that they''re afraid that they won''t get as many protesters after thier opportunist protest after a 4-0 defeat. Isn''t the protest meant to be about performances, if thats so how has 45 minutes changed anything?

[/quote]

The Worthy Out group played by the rules (even Neil Adams says so) and yet you still try to put the boot in.

Pathetic.

This is a quote from thier web site

".....we cannot afford to have less people turn up than the last game as it will look very bad on the campaign."

If thier point is that they are protesting about the teams performances then why have they stopped protesting?

What they should say, Squit, is that their point was made, heard and responded to and they are now monitoring the situation in the light of the Boards qualified support for Nigel Worthington.

I agree wiz. This decision shows that people CAN put the good of the

club ahead of their campaign, whatever it may be, and this is to be

applauded, not derided. All you acheive by sticking the boot in is

greater division in the fan base.

We simply can not have a repeat of the atmosphere experienced during

the Brighton game in a game like this next one. If we can''t all unite

against Colin what hope is there?

[quote user="A load of squit"]

".....we cannot afford to have less people turn up than the last game as it will look very bad on the campaign."

If thier point is that they are protesting about the teams performances then why have they stopped protesting?

[/quote]the name of their website is surely the reason for their campaign.  after the delia and michael statement, probably the feeling amongst the campaigners is that the organised protest has succeeded in making their point and voice heard for the time being. 

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="A load of squit"]

[/quote]

the name of their website is surely the reason for their campaign.  after the delia and michael statement, probably the feeling amongst the campaigners is that the organised protest has succeeded in making their point and voice heard for the time being. 
[/quote]

But thier response to DS & MWJ''s statement about results was that they were not happy with the performance, is a good 45 minutes all it takes?

What happened to all the posts saying that the protests wouldn''t go away until NW was gone? They know he''s not going so they don''t want to be embarassed with a low turn out at the next game.

I agree with two sheds!

One lucky draw and now everybody is a Worthy fan! How fickle can you be? Some of you will be putting him forward as manager of the year if we win on Saturday. Either you think he is ok and want to keep him or you think he is not and want to get rid - either is a logical stance, but to like him one week and not the next is childish. Just because one person decides to write something on a website does not mean that real fans so give up so easily.

11 points from 18, across the season would guarantee a play off spot.  No, performances have still not risen above average but things APPEAR to be improving as results have painfully slowly improved.   To have another protest now when things MAY be improving would be inappropriate.

The jury is definitely still out and this is a wait and watch and see what happens,  taking into account the clubs call for unity - I am with the worthyout site on this one as I will not be an easy fan to convince that worthy is the right man for the job but this sat is not the time for protests.   I am not saying worthy should stay, indeed I would still have preferred him being replaced before Xmas,  but now is not the time for a significant protest - 2 weeks time may be; as  they say a week is a long time in politics.

If others wish to protest that of course is your choice, as it is those who chose to voice displeasure during a game;  however that is simply not my view...  

As for calling the KTFs or the worthyout.co.uk guys (not a one man ban by any stretch) non real supporters and giving up to easily insults and underestimates all fans passion for the club on the grounds their opinion is not valid - which is clearly ludicrous.     

Interesting post from one of the organisers on the worthyout.co.uk website

I think we are going for an after match protest win, lose or draw. We have publically stated that there will be no PRE match protest, so to do so, would be going back on our word. However, afterwards there will be no such problem.
We are working on a press statement distancing ourselves from NCISA at the moment, as after last nights EEN it looks like we are all in the same camp as Blower and co.

So looks like a protest is being considered again after the Sheffield Utd game.

squit/Dicky

the reason the protests are on hold for the time being is if u try and ram home a point too much it will lose its meaning annd become laboured...

45 minutes doenst change anything... we could of beaten Leeds 10-0 or lost 10-0 and we''d still be putting them on hold at this point....

Lets see how the players and Worthy respond now we have nothing to play for... will they give up on the season or keep fighting for every win?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

squit/Dicky

the reason the protests are on hold for the time being is if u try and ram home a point too much it will lose its meaning annd become laboured...

45 minutes doenst change anything... we could of beaten Leeds 10-0 or lost 10-0 and we''d still be putting them on hold at this point....

Lets see how the players and Worthy respond now we have nothing to play for... will they give up on the season or keep fighting for every win?

[/quote]

Nice try Jas but I''ve read whats being said on the site and theres several posts saying that they not protesting because they don''t want fewer numbers, there was also one telling the posters to be careful what they said as the board read the site. It seems that the WO campaign has split into two factions, the ones who want to protest and the ones who don''t want to. It looks like the protest after the game has been suggested as a compromise.

If the Leeds result (and performance?) was of no consequence why wasn''t the announcement made before the game?

[quote user="Nigels Tic-Tacs"]And then theres the idiots like you Squit who want him to stay , otherwise known as the no football knowledge brigade.[/quote]

In previous posts you''ve agreed with the first wizard, I''m glad you think I''m an idiot.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

squit/Dicky

[/quote]

Nice try Jas but I''ve read whats being said on the site and theres several posts saying that they not protesting because they don''t want fewer numbers, there was also one telling the posters to be careful what they said as the board read the site. It seems that the WO campaign has split into two factions, the ones who want to protest and the ones who don''t want to. It looks like the protest after the game has been suggested as a compromise.

If the Leeds result (and performance?) was of no consequence why wasn''t the announcement made before the game?

[/quote]dear old squit, you look to be whipping yourself up into a negative spiral.  there''s no chaos or confusion - there''s no official protest any longer. pure and simple people have reverted back to the unofficial protest stage, where if they feel compelled to voice their opinions, as is their right, they can choose to do so in various ways, including protesting outside the ground after matches.this type of protest will always be spontaneous and numbers will vary according to the performance on the pitch.  if city beat sheffield on saturday, then it''s possible there could even be a spontaneous demo of pro-worthy support inlcuding the likes of your good self!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

squit/Dicky

[/quote]

[/quote]

dear old squit, you look to be whipping yourself up into a negative spiral.  there''s no chaos or confusion - there''s no official protest any longer. pure and simple people have reverted back to the unofficial protest stage, where if they feel compelled to voice their opinions, as is their right, they can choose to do so in various ways, including protesting outside the ground after matches.

this type of protest will always be spontaneous and numbers will vary according to the performance on the pitch.  if city beat sheffield on saturday, then it''s possible there could even be a spontaneous demo of pro-worthy support inlcuding the likes of your good self!

[/quote]

LGT, this quote is taken from the WO site;

"If the team misfire on all cyclinders against Sheff Utd, then the pressure again will pile on the manager, coaches and then we will have to bang harder on the door of the board & shareholders to wake them up."

This one is from one of the organisers. Only protesting after misfiring performances is opportunism.

The after match protest was only suggested after they were complaints that no protest would take place before the match, thats hardly spontaneous.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

squit/Dicky

[/quote]

[/quote]dear old squit, you look to be whipping yourself up into a negative spiral.  there''s no chaos or confusion - there''s no official protest any longer. pure and simple people have reverted back to the unofficial protest stage, where if they feel compelled to voice their opinions, as is their right, they can choose to do so in various ways, including protesting outside the ground after matches.this type of protest will always be spontaneous and numbers will vary according to the performance on the pitch.  if city beat sheffield on saturday, then it''s possible there could even be a spontaneous demo of pro-worthy support inlcuding the likes of your good self![/quote]

"If the team misfire on all cyclinders against Sheff Utd, then the pressure again will pile on the manager, coaches and then we will have to bang harder on the door of the board & shareholders to wake them up."

This one is from one of the organisers. Only protesting after misfiring performances is opportunism.

The after match protest was only suggested after they were complaints that no protest would take place before the match, thats hardly spontaneous.

[/quote]the focus of the protest is the removal of worthy and this relies alone on match results and performances, so without the benefit of a continued official organised protest, any protests that occur will be in response to the match played that day.  if the focus was the removal of a chairman, e.g. chase and his finances, then i agree its more likely that the protests would be sustained and occur before matches.therefore, although you may call it opportunism, it could also be termed reality.  people have few options to voice their discontent, other to

[quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

squit/Dicky

[/quote]

[/quote]

dear old squit, you look to be whipping yourself up into a negative spiral.  there''s no chaos or confusion - there''s no official protest any longer. pure and simple people have reverted back to the unofficial protest stage, where if they feel compelled to voice their opinions, as is their right, they can choose to do so in various ways, including protesting outside the ground after matches.

this type of protest will always be spontaneous and numbers will vary according to the performance on the pitch.  if city beat sheffield on saturday, then it''s possible there could even be a spontaneous demo of pro-worthy support inlcuding the likes of your good self!

[/quote]

[/quote]

the focus of the protest is the removal of worthy and this relies alone on match results and performances, so without the benefit of a continued official organised protest, any protests that occur will be in response to the match played that day.  if the focus was the removal of a chairman, e.g. chase and his finances, then i agree its more likely that the protests would be sustained and occur before matches.

therefore, although you may call it opportunism, it could also be termed reality.

people have few options to voice their discontent, other to
[/quote]

Organising a protest after a 4-0 defeat then not organising one after a 2-2 draw because you''re afraid the numbers will be down and it will look bad for your campaign is being opportunistic.

[quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="lucky green trainers"][quote user="A load of squit"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

squit/Dicky

[/quote]

[/quote]dear old squit, you look to be whipping yourself up into a negative spiral.  there''s no chaos or confusion - there''s no official protest any longer. pure and simple people have reverted back to the unofficial protest stage, where if they feel compelled to voice their opinions, as is their right, they can choose to do so in various ways, including protesting outside the ground after matches.this type of protest will always be spontaneous and numbers will vary according to the performance on the pitch.  if city beat sheffield on saturday, then it''s possible there could even be a spontaneous demo of pro-worthy support inlcuding the likes of your good self![/quote]

[/quote]the focus of the protest is the removal of worthy and this relies alone on match results and performances, so without the benefit of a continued official organised protest, any protests that occur will be in response to the match played that day.  if the focus was the removal of a chairman, e.g. chase and his finances, then i agree its more likely that the protests would be sustained and occur before matches.therefore, although you may call it opportunism, it could also be termed reality.  people have few options to voice their discontent, other to [/quote]

Organising a protest after a 4-0 defeat then not organising one after a 2-2 draw because you''re afraid the numbers will be down and it will look bad for your campaign is being opportunistic.

[/quote]

thanks squit, i got what i needed from you - you''re entitled to your opinion and i to mine.

Let''s face it the chap who has set up the Worthyout.co.uk did it in his lunch break....yet people are falling over themselves to get a quote from him as if he''s some god or something.....as if the Board are going to take any notice of what this bloke says!!

[quote user="Chapelfield"]Let''s face it the chap who has set up the Worthyout.co.uk did it in his lunch break....yet people are falling over themselves to get a quote from him as if he''s some god or something.....as if the Board are going to take any notice of what this bloke says!![/quote]

I don''t usually advocate this attitude Chapelfield, but because of his sheer bloody hard work on behalf of a lot of fans, I judge this bloke at worthyout.co.uk to be worth at least 50 of you who do sweet sod all matey!.

Sorry people.

[quote user="Chapelfield"]Let''s face it the chap who has set up the Worthyout.co.uk did it in his lunch break....yet people are falling over themselves to get a quote from him as if he''s some god or something.....as if the Board are going to take any notice of what this bloke says!![/quote]

absolutely, they would rather listen to the tv chef whom did''nt want accept Brian Hamilton''s resignation....  I guess that means we are stuck with worthy for the duration... great, shame he has a worse managerial record than Gary Megson.