Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

when is the right time?

to blood youngsters then? ive been told by doncaster it wouldnt be right in this sort of atmosphere to blood youngsters and yet we have nothing to play for! we wouldnt be playing them if we were top and winning each week too, so can anybody answer the question please? personally as i stated in a previous post i think this clubs youth policy is bloody awful and wont get any better with worthington in charge. it would make sense to give the kids a chance now, put lewis in for a couple of games as ward and gallacher wont be here next year so what if green leaves too? now is as good a time to give the kids the rest of the season and see whether they are good enough or not.

If I was worthy now that we are left with nowt to play for I would give several youngsters a chance - I would see it as a perfect way of taking the wind out of the fans sails are it would be hard to be critical of defeats in those circs, so giving himself a sheild and it would show us ''armchair managers'' that he is prepaared to give youth a go....

Why not now? Once relegation is impossible, even if it is technically possible, would the yougsters play with any less skill? They would certainly play with less fear, and if they are really trying to make a mark they would play with more commitment. I subscribe to the old adage, if they''re good enough, they''re old enough.If we don''t try new things, pick new players, etc, when there''s nothing to play for, when shall we play them? When there are many injuries and relegation threatens or play-offs become possible? This would surely be the wrong time to introduce them.A few have shown themselves worth a trial or two by their performances in the Reserves, which for most of the season has been in effect the Academy team!