Sign in to follow this  
yellowrider120

Man of the Match!

Felt like a political decision to pacify Sargent who's constantly played out of position.

It's not the first time this season people have fell over laughing at the MOTM decision.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Felt like a political decision to pacify Sargent who's constantly played out of position.

It's not the first time this season people have fell over laughing at the MOTM decision.

Its made by the match sponsors,  who get to meet the player and have a pic with him whilst presenting the award.

So maybe they choose who they want to meet! 

• Confused 1

I have much sympathy for Sarg. Some players have a preferred position and can't really play effectively anywhere else.

Do many top strikers get asked to play out wide often? Did Rush? Harland? Kane?

Clearly not putting Sarg in the same bracket as those players but you get the point.

We've seen it time and time again this season - play him up top and he looks dangerous. Play him out wide and he's mainly anonymous.

I find it hard to blame him.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Richard Richard said:

I have much sympathy for Sarg. Some players have a preferred position and can't really play effectively anywhere else.

Clearly not putting Sarg in the same bracket as those players but you get the point.

We've seen it time and time again this season - play him up top and he looks dangerous. Play him out wide and he's mainly anonymous.

Sarge wasn't on the wing. He was in a no.10/midfield position. I'm not quite sure where he was playing and neither was he.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

In reality the "Man of the Match" award is the "Player the Match Sponsor Would Most Like to Meet" award........

Isn't that what I said?

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sarge wasn't on the wing. He was in a no.10/midfield position. I'm not quite sure where he was playing and neither was he.

Fair enough. But the point remains - he was playing out of position. Again. And we can't expect his best performances whilst it continues.

• Like 1

Andy O deserved the MoM today, next in line was Onel or Sam M for their first half performances, although Sarge was played out of position due to the manager once again shoehorning Pukki to the team, he was certainly not deserved of the award, absolute joke.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

On the pitch. It does not matter where they play, it's what they do....or don't (Sgt, Idah)

I remember one dark time when injuries forced us to play Rob Rosario at CB. Maybe Sarge will get a go there too before the season’s out. 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Really not his fault that he his rarely played in his true position. 

5 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I just replied directly to the OP rather than reading the whole thread.........sorry.........

👍

1 hour ago, mrdi said:

I remember one dark time when injuries forced us to play Rob Rosario at CB. Maybe Sarge will get a go there too before the season’s out. 

If Lungi or Andy get injured your dream might become a reality 😅

11 minutes ago, AJ said:

If Lungi or Andy get injured your dream might become a reality 😅

I’m not quite sure I’d call it a ‘dream’… :S 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Richard Richard said:

Do you watch the games? Sarge is not playing out wide, so can we stop repeating this. He is frankly just rubbish at the moment.