Sign in to follow this  
Coneys Knee

POTS

Anyone know when the voting will open?

I’ve thought about it and I’m fully committed. He plays for the shirt like we would and that’s good enough for me. It’s Onel. Imagine him buzzing his nut off after winning that! 

• Like 1

I'll vote at the last possible moment, far too early yet.

For me McLean's injury opens it up for Sara, especially if he keeps scoring stunning goals.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

I’ve thought about it and I’m fully committed. He plays for the shirt like we would and that’s good enough for me. It’s Onel. Imagine him buzzing his nut off after winning that! 

I'm in. It can't be McLean.

Sara for me, Kenny has been much better under Wagner, but it shouldn't even be a close run thing that Sara wins it.

56 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/voting-open-for-player-of-the-season

It's been open for about ten days, closes tomorrow (way too early in my opinion, but there you go).

I voted for Kenny, as he's been our most consistent performer over the course of the season in my opinion; Max and Onel a close second/third, but their form was seriously hampered by the conservative way Dean Smith tried to make them play. Sara has been outstanding in the second half of the season and I wouldn't mind if he wins it, same with Angus, but for me Kenny has done everything asked of him and continues to play better than we have any right to expect of him.

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

It's been open for about ten days, closes tomorrow (way too early in my opinion, but there you go).

I voted for Kenny, as he's been our most consistent performer over the course of the season in my opinion; Max and Onel a close second/third, but their form was seriously hampered by the conservative way Dean Smith tried to make them play. Sara has been outstanding in the second half of the season and I wouldn't mind if he wins it, same with Angus, but for me Kenny has done everything asked of him and continues to play better than we have any right to expect of him.

Glad I asked. They kept that quiet! 

9 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

They sent out an email to supporters. Publicised it on their various social media channels and website. I assume it was in the matchday programmes. There were several threads on this forum.

That's a fair amount of coverage.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

They sent out an email to supporters. Publicised it on their various social media channels and website. I assume it was in the matchday programmes. There were several threads on this forum.

That's a fair amount of coverage.

I wholeheartedly apologise to all.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

Apart from putting it on the club website and their social media channels i agree.

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Agree almost word-for-word with this

4 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

Edited by PockthorpePete

I voted for Kenny, think he has been excellent this year. We will need him for the last few games of this season 

7 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Tomorrow is absolutely insane. The most important part of the season is still to come and we're still a month away from the award even being presented. They could close it after the penultimate match and still have more than a week to add up and verify the votes.

7 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Tomorrow is absolutely insane. The most important part of the season is still to come and we're still a month away from the award even being presented.

Perhaps there's a long queue at the engraving shop? :classic_smile: 

E0INAf8XEAAPqpq?format=jpg

I'd imagine the club will want to give the media team some time with the player and put out a compilation video, flyers, interview and all that ****.

But yeah, it does seem a little premature to be asking for votes - particularly in such an up and down season.

Edited by Google Bot

4 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It would involve people admitting they were wrong on the internet. People hate that.

And because Sara has been better 😉

• Like 1

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Well, there is that 😉

But given they've bizarrely chosen to end the voting with 10% of the season still to go, and given that Sara didn't really start playing until halfway through, at best he can surely only be Player Of 40% Of The Season. And even 90% is usually deemed unacceptable on here...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

45 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Perhaps there's a long queue at the engraving shop? :classic_smile: 

E0INAf8XEAAPqpq?format=jpg

I'd imagine the club will want to give the media team some time with the player and put out a compilation video, flyers, interview and all that ****.

But yeah, it does seem a little premature to be asking for votes - particularly in such an up and down season.

But in theory, with votes all being cast online (I think?) they should have a running total at all times anyway. They could close it on Sunday April 30 after the penultimate match and still give themselves a whole week to do media interviews.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

10 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

He has been better in a few games, but over the season Kenny has been better IMO

Onel for me. I love it when players have clearly worked to develop their game as they get older and he has improved so much in his end product to the point we miss him when not on the pitch. Has to be seen as one of our best players and deserves POTS imo.