Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

The run in

2 hours ago, Barham Blitz said:

He did play there for Newcastle for a few games I seem to recall.  May even be a bit easier physically for him than coming straight back in to midfield given how sluggish he seemed for his first few appearances earlier in the season.

Yes, that's my hope too. 

It must have been so tough for him to have played so little a part this season, especially given his character and leadership seemed an important aspect of why we signed him. It would be so great if he could play a small but crucial role in these last six (nine?!) games...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

You've got until Monday at 3pm to enjoy the idea

No. Give him until half-time at least 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

It’s a big ask. Our injuries are horrendous . And there will be twists and turns . 

As someone once said. I hope I’m wrong. 

I hope not as we have enough injuries already😁

On 08/04/2023 at 05:15, dylanisabaddog said:

I think we'll finish 5th, which seems extraordinary 

Screenshot_20230408_051204_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.16f55219d50ae515bdbef8231d7813b0.jpgScreenshot_20230408_050840_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.5165135c0b01370acf2c028a5787453d.jpgScreenshot_20230408_050826_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.d04dc311813fb6cd03fd6cbc7c6e83b6.jpgScreenshot_20230408_050803_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.e465eafc65210203e0d8bfde6c8ee864.jpg

Tomorrow's games will decide if it is in our hands, at that stage. We can get a maximum 78 points, Millwall a maximum of 80 and B'Burn a maxi mum of 82. However, given that B'burn and Millwall play each other, there can only be either one of three totals

B  82 - M 77 Blackburn win

B 79 - M  80 Millwall win

B 80 - M 78 Draw

Any points dropped v H'field or Hull by those two tomorrow, means it is then in our hands, (assuming we beat Rotherham that is). And looking at the games to be played, Blackburn look the most likely to fall short

• Thanks 1

If we finish 7th i think, given the inconsistencies of the team, the  change of head coach, injuries etc would be a decent effort in reality. But should we make the play offs...would we fancy facing Boro...who would want revenge for their 2-0 defeat at Wembley...or Luton...who for whatever reason seem to  do well against City so often?...Would fans be disapointed at losing in the play off games?

I still think our home forn is so dodgy that making the play offs is less than 50/50, but we will see...as early as the Rotherham game maybe will give more of an idea such is the nature of this division this season.

1 hour ago, Essjayess said:

If we finish 7th i think, given the inconsistencies of the team, the  change of head coach, injuries etc would be a decent effort in reality. But should we make the play offs...would we fancy facing Boro...who would want revenge for their 2-0 defeat at Wembley...or Luton...who for whatever reason seem to  do well against City so often?...Would fans be disapointed at losing in the play off games?

I still think our home forn is so dodgy that making the play offs is less than 50/50, but we will see...as early as the Rotherham game maybe will give more of an idea such is the nature of this division this season.

So when we beat Boro at Wembley (2015), what revenge were we after ? I would be more disappointed not being in the play-offs, than being beaten in them. Too many of the 'newbies' think we are a PL club and so have a right to be there. We aren't, and we don't.  If we make 6th or possible 5th it will seem like a massive achievement. Whereas with Boro they were running Sheff Utd close but fell away the end.

Not worried about a supposed bogey clubs either. It's about maintaining that fighting spirit, as shown on Friday. And I wonder if Luton or Millwall fans are whining, like some of our lot, about getting promoted. I very much doubt it. Nor Boro or Blackburn fans either. And those just below  still in with a chance. Do you think their fans are recoiling from promotion, like a slug from salt ? Not likely.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PockthorpePete said:

So when we beat Boro at Wembley (2015), what revenge were we after ? I would be more disappointed not being in the play-offs, than being beaten in them. Too many of the 'newbies' think we are a PL club and so have a right to be there. We aren't, and we don't.  If we make 6th or possible 5th it will seem like a massive achievement. Whereas with Boro they were running Sheff Utd close but fell away the end.

Not worried about a supposed bogey clubs either. It's about maintaining that fighting spirit, as shown on Friday. And I wonder if Luton or Millwall fans are whining, like some of our lot, about getting promoted. I very much doubt it. Nor Boro or Blackburn fans either. And those just below  still in with a chance. Do you think their fans are recoiling from promotion, like a slug from salt ? Not likely.

Its not about whining, ive never whined, just wanted to raise a couple of questions. In anycase, as my post said, our dodgy home form  makes a play off place less than 50 / 50...after today's game i think that is still the case...likely more so now.