Jim Smith

There is a deep malaise at the club and it starts at the top

34 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

Webber's best achievement is not the 2 Championship titles. It's that he raised the profile of the club esp. in terms of infrastructure to make it a more saleable asset.

Would we get Attanasio - or any other potential investor that is more or less in tune with the club ethos, not just purely in it for the money but with a wholesome view to football as a business - without SW?

Why are people judged "bad fans" for not wanting promotion right now, only because they realise the squad needs a rebuild?

Great observations.

Let's face it, the atmosphere has been rubbish for a lot of the season. It's understandable why a lot of fans have been emotionally exhausted this season, but they've still been rubbish and they've let the squad down when a largely battered squad needed all the bolstering it could get after last season.

I think people should accept that this season has been a collective balls up from top to bottom, fans included, take a chill pill, relax for the last few games of the season, then start afresh next season after a nice summer.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1

If my mind works things out correctly in the way things are lining up, then Attanasio is playing a blinder, the longer the new shares take to buy the more likely of no promotion, debt to be serviced and player values dropping like the pound post Brexit!

So pretty sure the longer this season goes on, the pressure will be applied by supporters on the current set up to get things done, Attanasio just sitting back as a shrewd businessman he is and waits till he holds all the cards! Could be a very cheap takeover in the end.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

If my mind works things out correctly in the way things are lining up, then Attanasio is playing a blinder, the longer the new shares take to buy the more likely of no promotion, debt to be serviced and player values dropping like the pound post Brexit!

So pretty sure the longer this season goes on, the pressure will be applied by supporters on the current set up to get things done, Attanasio just sitting back as a shrewd businessman he is and waits till he holds all the cards! Could be a very cheap takeover in the end.

Do you think he might be slipping the players a few quid to play badly?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

If money is the only thing that matters then I suspect NCFC is the wrong club.

It isn’t. What really matters is ambition, nous. Seizing opportunities when they come. And yes access to funds if needed. 

We will have absolutely nothing to show for our recent promotions (which are not in themselves “success” in the grand scheme of things).

Webber has the say on players his Mrs has the say in the boardroom, If Delia cannot see through these 2 she doesn’t deserve to run the club, Webber and his Mrs are ruining our club wouldn’t surprise me if they both run off and leave us laughing all the way to the bank

21 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes we would. In fact we’ve probably turned away people wealthier than MA

"Probably"

I.e you just made something up again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

Webber has the say on players his Mrs has the say in the boardroom, If Delia cannot see through these 2 she doesn’t deserve to run the club, Webber and his Mrs are ruining our club wouldn’t surprise me if they both run off and leave us laughing all the way to the bank

But who has the say in the bedroom? 😉

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

If in doubt...

IMG_20230401_211939.jpg.bb782c97ff8a8a42272ee6b549932c0a.jpg

Amen!

43 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Where has this info come from? 

In the case of ourselves and Luton, the Companies House accounts for both clubs. In the case of Brentford their own club announcement of last week.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

In the case of ourselves and Luton, the Companies House accounts for both clubs. In the case of Brentford their own club announcement of last week.

Accounts for this season won't be on companies house

1 minute ago, NFN FC said:

Accounts for this season won't be on companies house

These are last season. Brentford were in the same division as us then. Past trends suggest we will spend around £50 to £60 million this season. Luton probably less than £20 million.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

These are last season. Brentford were in the same division as us then. Past trends suggest we will spend around £50 to £60 million this season. Luton probably less than £20 million.

partridge-i-dont-know.gif

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Understand the criticism of Webber but what has his Mrs done wrong or is it guilty by association ??!!

Had we spent the same ratio of wages to turnover as in McNally's last season, wages last season would have been around £25 million less (still damn high in 2016 relative to Brentford and Burnley before them). That £25 million has blown any strategic advantage we have back in the Championship. Zoe is in charge of the Annual Report and has deleted the KPI's (Key Performance Indicators), a professional shortfall.

49 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I think you're thinking of the CEO model; the whole point of our model is the responsibility is more distributed among a number of people.

Which one of our responsible people thought it would be a good idea to spend £135 per every £100 of income on player salaries and purchases? Doesn’t seem very responsible or very self funded. 

1 hour ago, norfolkngood said:

Well if that is True and i know nothing about the clubs Finances Webber should be sacked tonight 

A self funding club should be exactly that until someone borrows or spends to much 

i also do not know much about the Americans  but they must be worried handing Webber the cheque book 

You should have a look at his American team. The fans are up in arms as he won’t invest in buying new players.

43 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It isn’t. What really matters is ambition, nous. Seizing opportunities when they come. And yes access to funds if needed. 

We will have absolutely nothing to show for our recent promotions (which are not in themselves “success” in the grand scheme of things).

Promotions to the Premier League aren't a success? No wonder you're never happy watching NCFC.

The entitlement of our fans has stunk more than our performances at time this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Promotions to the Premier League aren't a success? No wonder you're never happy watching NCFC.

The entitlement of our fans has stunk more than our performances at time this season.

That is a funny thing to say when a large part of criticism of Chase was no fulfilling our potential when he had the chance and failing to keep the club up while selling players…..and putting the club in debt….yet back then our sense of entitlement wasn’t mentioned! Have we come full circle again?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Why are the Webber's ENTITLED to their salaries when performance is so poor. 

The Customer is always right, first rule of business.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

That is a funny thing to say when a large part of criticism of Chase was no fulfilling our potential when he had the chance and failing to keep the club up while selling players…..and putting the club in debt….yet back then our sense of entitlement wasn’t mentioned! Have we come full circle again?

I'm too young for that Indy! I only have my dad's stories to go by.

We will always sell our best players being a club our size. I guess back then the argument was we had a claim to being the 2nd, 3rd best team in England. If there was a chance to hold onto the players - it was arguably then and coupled with lying to the fans faces...

Again, I'm only going from stories!

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm too young for that Indy! I only have my dad's stories to go by.

We will always sell our best players being a club our size. I guess back then the argument was we had a claim to being the 2nd, 3rd best team in England. If there was a chance to hold onto the players - it was arguably then and coupled with lying to the fans faces...

Again, I'm only going from stories!

But that’s why I disagree with this entitlement argument, dissapointment yes, sense of underachieving this year yes, given the finances maybe there’s a good reason to ask why the under performance and there’s certainly a lack of any culpability as the board are made up of a pair of couples as pointed out who are hardly likely to apply pressure on their spouses! But I understand why some might think there’s a sense of entitlement given so many clubs appear to be on the up and we’re one on the way down, just football I suppose! 

Edited by Indy

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

"Probably"

I.e you just made something up again.

But he said it's a fact.................probably 🤣

• Haha 1

Ahem, glad people are finally catching up. I could do a @Buh here, (okay i will), but i've said for a couple of years the lack of appropriate governance will bite us eventually, i said our most recent financial statements were an unpleasant and scary shock, and the video from Richens highlighted how out of control things had got. Not irredeemable, but unless there is a root and branch change this summer, boy are things going to be difficult. Prove me wrong guys...

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Which pillock gave Idah a five, yes five year contract, names on a postcard 

I assume they are thinking ahead for when Pukki goes, we don't have the money to replace him so may as well tie down that we do have

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

It has been re-branded as success as part of the little norwich narrative. Of course it’s an achievement and not to be sniffed at but it should be the start of what we want to achieve and not the end game/ceiling. 

I don’t think it’s “entitled” to want us to match the likes of Brentford, Fulham, Brighton etc.

6 hours ago, AJ said:

I assume they are thinking ahead for when Pukki goes, we don't have the money to replace him so may as well tie down that we do have

At least if we tie Idah down, he can't be offside.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

At least if we tie Idah down, he can't be offside.

He was born offside.

(As the man said.)

The past three seasons the squad hasn’t been strengthened but players bought in with the main focus of self funding model with the expectation of making money on them, unfortunately all of them have not developed and aren’t worth the money payed! 
We needed a DCM a decent striker and CB we got four wingers and Striker who’s been used as a winger, and two attacking South American midfielders who in patches look good!

Webber with Farke worked miracles first two years by buying cheep European players but the past three years have been abysmal with recruiting, can’t be argued with.