Hardhouse44

We’re drinking in the last chance saloon!

19 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Much of that seems perfectly sensible.

Just that MA could buy out S&J and the minority shareholders for in his currency, peanuts. Why doesn't he just get on with it then? As for minorities Foulger has his.

Because it isn't all about other shareholders. As much as you want it to be, it isn't. It's about the ownership of the club, and the other shareholders are never going to have that.

As stated by many people many times since the end of last season. He could have waltzed in, thrown down a case of money and said "my club". It's not how he works. Go have a look at the Brewers and the process of him taking over them years ago.

Aggressive takeovers look kinda cool in a hollywood movie with well known actors - but don't always look as good in practice. Especially as what is more important than minority, (tinority?) shareholders are the fans that turn up home and away and those even further afield paying for TV packages, team memorabilia etc. The club makes more money out of them than someone clutching hold of a few shares.

Despite the very small minority of really awfully vocal tools, the vast majority of supporters of the club have a lot of respect for Delia and Michael - whether they think it's time for them to move on or not etc. Generally people can be at least distrustful of change, few people fully embrace it. That is a sliding scale depending upon how quickly and harshly that change is implemented.

Not only that, Attanasio is going to want to have a proper handover if he does take full control. To get to know the inner workings of the club better, to start to make and suggest changes, to get to know the local area and the fan community (not just local community) and what things are key and important to our club.

All of these things are good unless you are desperately trying to sell some shares... 

Edited by chicken

Attanasio has invested $10m; sure technically repayable, but probably taken away the cash flow pressures that the Blades for one are facing.

Edited by shefcanary

28 minutes ago, chicken said:

Because it isn't all about other shareholders. As much as you want it to be, it isn't. It's about the ownership of the club, and the other shareholders are never going to have that.

As stated by many people many times since the end of last season. He could have waltzed in, thrown down a case of money and said "my club". It's not how he works. Go have a look at the Brewers and the process of him taking over them years ago.

Aggressive takeovers look kinda cool in a hollywood movie with well known actors - but don't always look as good in practice. Especially as what is more important than minority, (tinority?) shareholders are the fans that turn up home and away and those even further afield paying for TV packages, team memorabilia etc. The club makes more money out of them than someone clutching hold of a few shares.

Despite the very small minority of really awfully vocal tools, the vast majority of supporters of the club have a lot of respect for Delia and Michael - whether they think it's time for them to move on or not etc. Generally people can be at least distrustful of change, few people fully embrace it. That is a sliding scale depending upon how quickly and harshly that change is implemented.

Not only that, Attanasio is going to want to have a proper handover if he does take full control. To get to know the inner workings of the club better, to start to make and suggest changes, to get to know the local area and the fan community (not just local community) and what things are key and important to our club.

All of these things are good unless you are desperately trying to sell some shares... 

I max out on TV football subscriptions. The foreign subs are generally cheaper. Going to a New York bar at 6am a loyalty of sorts - nothing to do with me.

That logic still seems mad to me. Burnley paid off their minority shareholders up to £13 million. Look where they are. We need to do likewise. I went in shareholding more than 5 times any Burnley fan.

Time is money!

Edited by essex canary

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Sounds very much like the Chase era.

If only. Highest ever league placings. FA Cup semi final, ground redevelopment etc. Yep, it will be awful to achieve that again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

Where did the club say we would need to sell assets if we don't get promoted this season?

Richens said it in an interview back in October, how did you of all people miss that? 

5 hours ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Stop getting paltry wrong.

If you're going to get a word wrong, get it properly wrong.🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

I max out on TV football subscriptions. The foreign subs are generally cheaper. Going to a New York bar at 6am a loyalty of sorts - nothing to do with me.

That logic still seems mad to me. Burnley paid off their minority shareholders up to £13 million. Look where they are. We need to do likewise. I went in shareholding more than 5 times any Burnley fan.

Time is money!

He finally  admits it....you didnt want to   ' help the Club ' at all .  ...you just wanted to help yourself.  

20p in the pound waiting for ye.  

• Like 1

Its been nothing like a horrendous season, or a great one obviously.  I for one could see us finishing mid table all season long and said weeks ago 60 points was around our end total...still dont see us getting much above that...it would  roughly equal Farke's first season here. We are in Championship mode and believe  set in for many a season here.

But its been our home form that has been sad...must be our  worst number of home defeats since the relegation season to L1? and its not over yet.

2 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

Its been nothing like a horrendous season, or a great one obviously.  I for one could see us finishing mid table all season long and said weeks ago 60 points was around our end total...still dont see us getting much above that...it would  roughly equal Farke's first season here. We are in Championship mode and believe  set in for many a season here.

But its been our home form that has been sad...must be our  worst number of home defeats since the relegation season to L1? and its not over yet.

Rather reminds me of Farkes first season with us. Meh.

45 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

He finally  admits it....you didnt want to   ' help the Club ' at all .  ...you just wanted to help yourself.  

20p in the pound waiting for ye.  

Time is money for the Club too. They wait much longer they loose ground. I haven't been helping the Club, I have been helping the hopeless Webber's who don't have the credentials or principles of people like Munby and Cullen.

Lose at Blackburn and the top 5 are probably out of reach.

Yes , people are saying we're not good enough to make the playoffs but whoever finishes 6th is likely to be an incredibly ordinary team who we should really be finishing above.

On 01/04/2023 at 17:38, essex canary said:

Time is money for the Club too. They wait much longer they loose ground. I haven't been helping the Club, I have been helping the hopeless Webber's who don't have the credentials or principles of people like Munby and Cullen.

You haven't been helping anyone. You paid once for some shares, got some free stuff that you moaned about losing after silly amount of years. You contribute nothing to the club by owning a small sum of shares. But then you knew that. Just about the money, nothing else.

If you wanted to "help" the club - you'd be more like Nutty, Kathy, Diane, or Feed the Wolf and the supporters board and actually, you know, DO something.

Just another balloon full of hot air and demanding money.

On 01/04/2023 at 10:55, A Load of Squit said:

20,000 season ticket renewals probably disagree with you but then again most people disagreeing with you is not unusual.

Probably the fact that where we are situated in the East of England helps 

Football this club dished up this season had we been in the London or Midlands area’s would have seen a big drop in sales

13 minutes ago, daly said:

Football this club dished up this season had we been in the London or Midlands area’s would have seen a big drop in sales

Location isn't as key as the people.

Plenty of plastics around in these parts aren't there? Plenty of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea 'fans' about.

I think it's more a case of Norwich fans being more loyal and buying into the fact that we are a club that has historically been fighting in and around promotion to and relegation from the top division, at least, in the last 30-40yrs (bar a blip). Most people recognise that top flight survival for this club has always been bought with bloody hard work, 100% effort, more bloody hard work, and sometimes a decent slice of luck. Usually with a team that achieves greater than the sum of the parts should be reasonably expected to achieve.

That's not an acceptance of mediocrity or anything, more an acceptance and expectation that anything but 100% effort and hard work is a minimum. 

29 minutes ago, daly said:

Why exactly?

20 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Why exactly?

I am guessing the inference is there is more competition in those areas but I doubt very much Brum fans would give up their season tickets to watch Villa , Derby fans leaving to watch Forest, Millwall fans leaving to watch WHU etc, etc, etc...............

5 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I am guessing the inference is there is more competition in those areas but I doubt very much Brum fans would give up their season tickets to watch Villa , Derby fans leaving to watch Forest, Millwall fans leaving to watch WHU etc, etc, etc...............

Exactly.  

• Like 1