dylanisabaddog

€7m bid incoming for Rashica

I have not seen the rumour, who is it from?  If it is genuine it shows how other clubs view our assets.

27 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Didn't we pay €11m for him?

Seems a good offer nonetheless for a player who clearly doesn't want to be here.

€7m would produce an "accounting profit", so can see the club taking that. 

• Like 1

It’s not a huge amount over £6m, so we might look for a bit more - but it definitely makes sense to cash in. I’m not even sure what his best position was, but we’ve got the likes of Mumba coming back next season and Springett/Rowe to hopefully come good, with Onel et al already the ranks (contract pending).

Edited by Branston Pickle

He could be good in the championship though and we wont be able to buy better with 7m

10 minutes ago, Haus said:

He could be good in the championship though and we wont be able to buy better with 7m

But he clearly doesn't want to be here.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

But he clearly doesn't want to be here.

Exactly.

The club clearly wanted to make him a big part of the plan this season- bigged him up in the media, gave him the 7 shirt- and he barely showed up those first few weeks. Time to move on. 

I'd keep him and have him play under Wagner, He may have just not seen eye to eye with Smith as there was previous with him moving to Villa and turning them down.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

I'd keep him and have him play under Wagner, He may have just not seen eye to eye with Smith as there was previous with him moving to Villa and turning them down.

Does he want to play in the Championship?

Did he sign a 3 year contract? If so, it's a very good price for someone who could walk away in a year. Even if he got 4 years I'd still snatch their hands off. 

He doesn't want to be here.

We don't want any more reminders of our most recent season in the PL than absolutely necessary.

Conclusion seems obvious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Does he want to play in the Championship?

We won't be championship next season, though.  *Holds a nervous smile*

You know, the funniest part is that i'd only want him in the championship where he would be a threat... If we did somehow manage to get up, then I'd be happy with him gone knowing that we could expect more for him, and have the budget (and pull) to easier replace.

Edited by Google Bot

Clearly didn't want to be here virtually from the day he turned up so a question for the recruitment set up......who exactly carried out a background check on his non football attributes and suitability to come into Norwich City ?

Edited by TIL 1010

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Clearly didn't want to be here virtually from the day he turned up so a question for the recruitment set up......who exactly carried out a background check on his non football attributes and suitability to come into Norwich City ?

It was Essex, thats why it was wrong. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

It was Essex, thats why it was wrong. 

FFS ! Don't encourage him to post on this thread.

24 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

FFS ! Don't encourage him to post on this thread.

Im sure he'll  have a suggestion for how he'd  use the Rashica money....and it will be stupid/ wrong and hilarious in equal measure as usual.   We're  talking about him not to him hence the lack of @ethicscanary

I get the sense that him and Sargeant were a bit rushed, if that is the word. So far Sargeant has not shown anything more than being an average Championship player. And unless Tzolis shows better I would not be adverse to him moving on.

The reality is that some you win, some you don't. That goes for every club. If a director of football was infallible he would not be at Carrow Road. Though we do seem to be better at finding low cost lower league players, Mumba, McCallum, McLean and Gibbs than multimillion players from Europe. However, remember how so many whined about signing Gunn.

Our biggest task is going to be finding another prolific goalscorer like Holt and Pukki.

Turkish media are even worse than the British Tabloids for accuracy. It'll be completely made up and based only on the fact he's scored a few goals and doesn't want to be here next season. 

• Like 1

You are right PP we do seem to get better value (and better players) when we pick up cheepies from various lower leagues and bring through youngsters by a mixture of means.

Is it a contradiction of terms when a so-called self funding club (implication bringing through youth and buying players from lesser arenas to sell at a profit)  dishes out largish transfer fees (was Rashica really £11m?) in the transfer market the way that we have done, and wasted so much money in the process?

That's been the definition of a self-defunding club, surely.

As far as this side of the running goes, Stuart Webber has made, imo, an appalling job of it. The duff transfers pile up, and he now seems to be just relying on his original successes (Pukki, Buendia) in order to be accepted in any way as having done a good job at the club. He even made Daniel Farke, in a way his saviour, a scapegoat.   

We need to go with the flow, as most other clubs seem to be doing nowadays (even ITFC) and seek higher investment. Perhaps the old couple have already realised this with the American connection. A business deal which seems to be having more concoctions than a Delia menu.

Not ideal, as the purists among the rest of us have already realised,  as financial clout has long-since eroded the game and might eventually destroy it.

One thing for sure, a self-funding NCFC will be on the slides long before this happens to the PL or the rest of the game in general.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Did he sign a 3 year contract? If so, it's a very good price for someone who could walk away in a year. Even if he got 4 years I'd still snatch their hands off. 

4 year - contracted until 2025. Would still accept the offer now though, as it will be very hard to both get other clubs to sign him, or to get him desire to play for us

2 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

4 year - contracted until 2025. Would still accept the offer now though, as it will be very hard to both get other clubs to sign him, or to get him desire to play for us

All depends on the gaffer, really. There's clearly still a player in there somewhere, and given what he's done with Onel since he arrived I wouldn't rule out him getting a tune out of Rashica too.

I'm guessing that the lure of the Champions League in Istanbul would make him more than likely to want the move anyway, though, so I sense the Wagner point is moot and we'll take the money. Probably the best move, all things considered.

Try to push them up another million. He has a longish contract with City after all ... and we will be losing a lot on the player.

Depends on how the deal is structured. Instalments wouldn't be of immediate use.

He must be a high earner and has yet to justify this in the yellow, and I doubt that he ever will, Wagner influence or not. He's best unloaded. A major disappointment.

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

has yet to justify this in the yellow, and I doubt that he ever will, Wagner influence or not.

Onel couldn't feature in the team and Kenny was chief scapegoat before Wagner came in.  I'd have a little more belief in the coach personally, and he's crying out for someone who can carry the ball like Rashica.  At this level he'd be a problem.

I'd only say get him out if he truly doesn't want to be here.