Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Fan Of The Season Voting Now Open.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/fots-vote

You only need to provide your name and e-mail address so it appears you don't even require a supporter number, oh and it appears you can vote multiple times as well. I thought i had made an error as i hit the submit button but i got a' Thankyou For Voting ' reply as there is no return button and when i went through the process again it accepted it and did not reject it.

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Nailed on.

Not just this season but for eternity ( wink )

And his kids........

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Nailed on.

Not just this season but for eternity ( wink )

I always thought I could cope but now I discover he has the secret of eternal life. 

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

I always thought I could cope but now I discover he has the secret of eternal life. 

He would still moan! 

This eternity mullarky,  y'know.....its a bit tooooooo long! 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Herman said:

A cheeky tenner on the young lad to win?!

I’m not a fan of this type of ‘award’.  Of course the young lad is definitely worthy of winning, as are all the nominees - and probably many more besides; supporting the club takes up a lot of time, money and effort for all of us. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m not a fan of this type of ‘award’.  Of course the young lad is definitely worthy of winning, as are all the nominees - and probably many more besides; supporting the club takes up a lot of time, money and effort for all of us. 

Same.

Feels odd to make people vote between a kid with cerebral palsy and a fan who travels from Ireland. 

• Thanks 2

Hilarious user experience fail with this online - Vote for your player of the season > first page 'First Name' How many people are going to be registered as Onel. This is what happens when web developers are left to do stuff on their own.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thumbbass said:

Hilarious user experience fail with this online - Vote for your player of the season > first page 'First Name' How many people are going to be registered as Onel.

Umm.. It's fan of the season vote, and that is -your- name you put in there, not Onel's.  🙂

4 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I tend to agree with this and I also don't think it is a very fair "competition" as has been suggested. No disrespect to the people involved meant.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Umm.. It's fan of the season vote, and that is -your- name you put in there, not Onel's.  🙂

Same for pots mate

The club has been working hard to become a more sustainable organisation on and off the pitch, yet we have a potential fan of the season flying in from Ireland. 

16 hours ago, Google Bot said:

It's not clear though. I made the same mistake. If you are already logged on it's not unreasonable to think they already know it's you.

Edited by Kathy
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, king canary said:

Same.

Feels odd to make people vote between a kid with cerebral palsy and a fan who travels from Ireland. 

Yes it does seem strange as does only 3 choices, but a bit of inclusivity/equality in not having seperate categories

1 hour ago, Kathy said:

It's not clear though. I made the same mistake. If you are already logged on it's not unreasonable to think they already know it's you.

Me also.

On 27/03/2023 at 17:06, dylanisabaddog said:

Essex? 

Mervyn Lambert. He apparently pays the Club substantially each year for his family to sit in the Directors Box and now states that the Club is on the 'Road to Nowhere'.

Robert Chase would have put his arm around him years ago to buy a substantial number of shares and have said don't you worry about those seats. 

Doubtless Mervyn was at Portman Road on the day we lost 7-0 to Chelsea when he could otherwise have taken his family along to Stamford Bridge if only Zoe and the gang had acquired enough tickets for them to act as Daniel's 12th man.

I may need to take a break from the message board to ensure that I vote enough multiple times to ensure that Mervyn wins.

A salt of the earth Norfolk lad who never takes flights to watch football.

Edited by essex canary

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

may need to take a break from the message board to ensure that I vote enough multiple times to ensure that Mervyn wins.

As ever your true intentions are disguised as acts of altruism.  Some shmuck.

Just go. 

30 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

As ever your true intentions are disguised as acts of altruism.  Some shmuck.

Just go. 

I was being a little bit 'tongue in cheek' on that sentence.

26 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I was being a little bit 'tongue in cheek' on that sentence.

I wasnt. So there. Go anyway. 

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I wasnt. So there. Go anyway. 

I couldn't let you go underemployed in responding.

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

I couldn't let you go underemployed in responding.

Id happily let you go that route, or any route that meant we didnt have to read your griping over and over again. Cant believe  that a few quid can dominate your life so much.  Maybe if youd gone into the shares with more honesty you would feel so stupid now.

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

I may need to take a break from the message board to ensure that I vote enough multiple times to ensure that Mervyn wins.

Surely with your shareholdings you get 1,000 votes plus free a Cherry Pie?

55 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Surely with your shareholdings you get 1,000 votes plus free a Cherry Pie?

No such luck. Now back to the poll booth. Mervyn, Mervyn, Mervyn.

18 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Mervyn, Mervyn, Mervyn.

ah aah ah aahh ah-ahh. 

Do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya?