Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

FGR What Have You Gone And Done ?

Yesterday it was Derby losing and now Sheff Wed ! The Binners must be laughing this weekend without even playing FFS !

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Don’t worry, Barnsley are nicely poised to overtake the binmen. 

So you don't think wins for Derby and Sheff Wed would have added a bit more pressure then Branston in the top 6 ?

Barnsley have a great run in with the fixtures. Only difficult ones are home to Ipswich and Peterborough. My money is on them to finish above Ipswich 

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yesterday it was Derby losing and now Sheff Wed ! The Binners must be laughing this weekend without even playing FFS !

Apparently Derby were awful at Peterborough yesterday. Peterborough were marginally better. It's a very poor league compared to the days of Norwich, Leeds and Southampton 

So you don't think wins for Derby and Sheff Wed would have added a bit more pressure then Branston in the top 6 ?

Sheff Wed perhaps, Derby not really - but the latter will most certainly be fired up for their game next weekend.

Derby are miles away; even if they'd won yesterday, and all their remaining fixtures as well, they would have only been able to reach 91 points and that would be unlikely to get into the top two this season.

It's shaping up to be a really interesting battle: any two from Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday, Ipswich and Barnsley for the two automatic places, and it's tough to pick who. I know Barnsley are a little behind the other three, but they have a game in hand and are most certainly in the best form. 

17 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

One of Plymouth or Sheff Wed will miss out. It's between the Binners and Barnsley now.

How do you work that out. Why will the top 2 miss out ?

Two from four by the look of it.

The two that fall short of the autos will have a right old fight for the playoff place. Going to be so tough for the one that misses out. 🙂 

Edited by Hairy Canary

23 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Don’t worry, Barnsley are nicely poised to overtake the binmen. 

Even if they win their game in hand it will still have them behind the Scum on GD.

37 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Even if they win their game in hand it will still have them behind the Scum on GD.

Ah, but we have Barnsley v Binmen, 25 April. Lots can happen between now and then, obvs.

Barnsley will already have overtaken the Binners before they play their rearranged fixture at the end of April. 😉 

Just now, shefcanary said:

Barnsley will already have overtaken the Binners before they play their rearranged fixture at the end of April. 😉 

Sorry shef but i just have this awful feeling that even if the Scum don't make the autos they are already virtually assured of the play offs contrary to what many said on here a few months ago and their current form suggests they are good enough to get to Wembley at the very least. It pains me to post that but as a back up i have got 10 away games under my belt which means i get to go to Scum HQ next season if such a horrendous day comes to pass .:classic_laugh:

22 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

One of Plymouth or Sheff Wed will miss out. It's between the Binners and Barnsley now.

Why ?  the scummers are on a winning run, but Plymouth have won four out of 5 and are top.  Wednesday have lost a couple.

Question is, do the scummers now have some more mixed results and Wednesday get back to form, or not ?  The scum's form has been mixed through the season so no need to assume they will continue winning every game.

Having said that, I can't see them missing out on a playoff spot - but that's a 25% shot IMO, not the nailed on certainty that many seem to be thinking.

29 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Why ?  the scummers are on a winning run, but Plymouth have won four out of 5 and are top.  Wednesday have lost a couple.

Question is, do the scummers now have some more mixed results and Wednesday get back to form, or not ?  The scum's form has been mixed through the season so no need to assume they will continue winning every game.

Having said that, I can't see them missing out on a playoff spot - but that's a 25% shot IMO, not the nailed on certainty that many seem to be thinking.

The Scum have only lost 4 games all season which is the least of anybody in with a shout of promotion or the play offs. Of course promotion is not a certainty but form over the season suggests only have those wearing yellow and green tinted glasses would be dismissive of their chances being other than very good.

Edited by TIL 1010

52 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The Scum have only lost 4 games all season which is the least of anybody in with a shout of promotion or the play offs. Of course promotion is not a certainty but form over the season suggests only have those wearing yellow and green tinted glasses would be dismissive of their chances being other than very good.

I don't really care but I wouldn't put money on them. I'll go for Barnsley, Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

25 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I don't really care but I wouldn't put money on them. I'll go for Barnsley, Plymouth and Sheffield Wednesday 

I sincerely hope you are right dylan believe me.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Given their performances in the play offs in the past, that should be interesting!

I only have these yellow and green glasses. What other colours are there?

Edited by nutty nigel
🤓💛💚
  • Haha 1

Ipswich deserve Championship football with 28000

Be interesting to see what this rubbish team does against a team on the up

Wait for Binner from the usual suspects