Sign in to follow this  
Foxy2600

***Man U v Fulham FA Cup Thread ***

Willian red card there is wrong for me. Mitrovic is just an idiot…probably lost them the game there.

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Willian red card there is wrong for me. Mitrovic is just an idiot…probably lost them the game there.

Should have been a yellow. Mitrovic lost his head though no clue what he was thinking

Fulham utterly lost the plot, definitely a penalty and the letter of the law has to be a red card. Mitrovic an utter moron,  long ban for him coming.

Ruined the game in one play.  Imo the ref is making it worse though, did seem to get all cocky about it…and visibly smirking at United’s second is not a good look.

You can tell the ref loved every second sending the Fulham players off. Wish Mitro had just nutted him instead, really own the red card

3 Red Cards 

I don’t want Norwich in the EPL - absolute joke 

You ain’t gonna win there - no matter what…

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

3 Red Cards 

I don’t want Norwich in the EPL - absolute joke 

You ain’t gonna win there - no matter what…

You seriously aren't saying Mitrovic shouldn't have been sent off 🤣

Well 'I would love it, just love it' if Brighton could do a job on those jammy gits in the semi final. The whole country pretty much will be rooting for Albion 'for sure'!!

How could you appoint a referee from greater Manchester for a quarter final including a Manchester team?!  Madness 

Verbal abuse/dissent from the manager? Red card.

Hand ball preventing a goal? Red card.

Physically man-handing the ref? Red card.

No debate with any of them if you understand the rules of the game.

OTBC

• Thanks 1

It's a shame it went that way because Fulham were by far the better team in control of the game until that moment of madness.

3 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I guess the FA want a City v United Final. Kerching.

Exactly. Manure would have got some other dodgy decision if Mitrovic has not lost it. 

3 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Verbal abuse/dissent from the manager? Red card.

Hand ball preventing a goal? Red card.

Physically man-handing the ref? Red card.

No debate with any of them if you understand the rules of the game.

OTBC

No - deliberate hand ball preventing a goal = red card.  Imo it was less than totally clear cut.  Do bear in mind West Ham v Chelsea only recently - Chelsea didn’t even get a pen for what was an excellent save by Soucek, which clearly stopped a goal.  It’s the inconsistency that pees everyone off, even when var is in on it.

Edit: it is what it is though - I couldn’t really care less for either Fulham or Man U, but it all ruined the game.

Edited by Branston Pickle

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

No - deliberate hand ball preventing a goal = red card.

Tbh I assumed anyone who witnessed it would have seen that as a deliberate handball; I guess he might have been trying to swat a fly and the ball got in the way...

Anyway. Fulham's own stupidity lost them the game, not the ref.

OTBC

7 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

No - deliberate hand ball preventing a goal = red card.  Imo it was less than totally clear cut.  Do bear in mind West Ham v Chelsea only recently - Chelsea didn’t even get a pen for what was an excellent save by Soucek, which clearly stopped a goal.  It’s the inconsistency that pees everyone off, even when var is in on it.

Edit: it is what it is though - I couldn’t really care less for either Fulham or Man U, but it all ruined the game.

That's because the rules were not implemented correctly in the West Ham game,  they were 100% implemented correctly yesterday.  Whether you agree or not that it should be a red card for Willian is a totally different debate. 

Yesterday,  whether he wanted to be centre of attention or not, the ref got the red card calls correct. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

Yeah, I don't get the uproar here.

The smugness and delight from Kavanagh, yes, that was pathetic and he deserved a smack.

But the Willian and Mitrovic red cards were 100% right. Can't comment on the Silva one as I've no idea what he said.

Funny that Mitrovic gets sent of yet Fernandez did the same to the Lino in the Liverpool game and he didn’t even get a talking to! Yet again shows the corruption and bias in football by those in power and the referees. Yes it was a penalty yes it was a red card and Mitrovic lost his head but as others said Kavanagh very unprofessional too.

28 minutes ago, Indy said:

Funny that Mitrovic gets sent of yet Fernandez did the same to the Lino in the Liverpool game and he didn’t even get a talking to! Yet again shows the corruption and bias in football by those in power and the referees. Yes it was a penalty yes it was a red card and Mitrovic lost his head but as others said Kavanagh very unprofessional too.

That’s the point. Horrendous Inconsistency.  imo it is worse than ever, var was meant to rectify things but has made things worse.

• Like 3

Silva says checking incidents in other games so maybe referring to Fernandez and the smile.

Reaction - What Silva said

Man Utd 3-1 Fulham

601ed2d0-399a-485c-aa25-88881932dfca.jpg

Fulham

Fulham boss Marco Silva to BBC MOTD: “For 75 minutes, playing at Old Trafford against a very good side, we are the best team on the pitch, clearly. The players stuck to the plan, we were brave to control the game against Manchester United and I believe we clearly showed our quality.

“Even if I haven’t done something special, I have to control myself. I didn’t say anything special to the ref, he didn’t listen and showed me the red card. It is a moment to control my emotions. The game was decided in the moment.

“It is a shame the ref wasn’t shown VAR for the first-half moments. It is difficult to be Fulham at Old Trafford, the VAR feels the pressure too. For us it is difficult to understand why they didn’t do the same.”

On the red cards: “With Willian, if he feels the player did it on purpose, he should give the red card. If the VAR decides, then it’s clear. Mitro should control his emotions a bit. I would like to check if they did the same with other players this season, but we should have emotional control in the moment.

“If he wants to give me the red card I have to accept it because he didn’t listen to me at all. As I left my area I have to accept it.

"Of course it is a moment for him (Mitrovic) to learn. He was involved in two situations in the box, the ref didn’t check, he has to be in control of the moment.”

16 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

You seriously aren't saying Mitrovic shouldn't have been sent off 🤣

Obviously, but that was a really good game of football ruined by shenanigans, cheating and lack of control. And I do give some credence to Da Silva's thoughts that VAR can be a little one sided with the Top 4.  

Oh I forgot that Fernandez 'nudge' on the lino against Livarpool got absolutely no sanction, not even a yellow.

Edited by Foxy2600
Hypocrisy :0