CANARYKING

You’re not going to like this but…….

…. For years we have been the dominant team in East Anglia. Next season you know who and us will very probably be in the same League, not looking forward to the derbies, will the cycle of being unbeaten finally end. Tin hat on.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

…. For years we have been the dominant team in East Anglia. Next season you know who and us will very probably be in the same League, not looking forward to the derbies, will the cycle of being unbeaten finally end. Tin hat on.

That's the spirit 

• Haha 1

"Very probably"? They are third. Don't get me wrong, they definitely have a reasonably good chance, but I would not call it very probable.

Football is cyclical, you didn't expect to be above them forever more did you?

You know thinking about it the last time they beat us was April 2009. Blimey, a lot has happened since then. A whole 14 years ago..

I would say I feel sorry when I see young Ipswich fans under 14 as they have never seen their team beat us but I don't as it is quite funny.

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You know thinking about it the last time they beat us was April 2009. Blimey, a lot has happened since then. A whole 14 years ago..

I would say I feel sorry when I see young Ipswich fans under 14 as they have never seen their team beat us but I don't as it is quite funny.

I would suggest in excess of 20 years. It is doubtful that even at 6 you really grasp the implication. Mind you, I am sure they get shown sepia tinted photos of them winning something. Once upon a time.

Anybody who is a bit interested in the fortunes of ITFC will know that they always seem to take  two  steps forward and one step backwards.

It has been a joy observing the pantomime of them trying to get out of League 1. for the last four seasons. Managers have come and gone to no avail. They even welcomed Paul Lambert without realising that an envied recollection of his achievements with us should not have disguised his pretty abject managerial performances since he chased the Villa dollar. He did buy them a round of drinks after all.

Whether the latest guy is the real deal is a difficult one to assess as he has been very well funded for that league and even then if he does finally get them up it will likely be through the play-offs because they have to overtake Plymouth along with our own Bali Mumba. Yes, Plymouth Argyl (named after a pub)  and a youngster sent out on loan for a season in order to be more ready to appear in the yellow. 

I suspect that if they do get promotion, that they will stay in the Chumps comfortably (as long as they hang onto McKenna) whilst not being anything more than mid-table. Even then this will require further investment, imo.

Whether they will be capable of eventually beating us sooner rather than later. Well! A fair amount  of water has to flow under the bridge before the prospect of even a local derby is to take place next season.

However, as I see it, they are more likely to fail in their play-offs though than we are to even get into ours at the moment.

I for one, have moments of optimism that Wagner will get the act together and that we will succeed, although this stance is becoming more difficult by the week to maintain. Opposing managers to the man seem to rate us, and this must mean something.

Edited by BroadstairsR

57 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Because?

Because I hate the Binners. I want them out of the picture. 
Anyone wanting them to get promotion is not a City fan. Their success or otherwise doesn’t make any difference to “East Anglian” football , as “East Anglia” haven’t got a team. 
It’s a no from me. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

No because even though we've been pretty poor this season we're still miles better than them

If…….if they go up, I’m assuming we will have a totally different team. If they were to play us right now I would be concerned, we have ZERO fight or resilience in the team.

But like I said next season I am sure things will pick up once DW has a transfer window and we are able to cull the deadwood ( no small task).

• Like 1

It's going to end at some point, but you just know it's going to end with ecstatic celebrations and a carnival atmosphere in ip****. 

Personally I'd be a little coy about a first win in 14+ years.

30 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

If…….if they go up, I’m assuming we will have a totally different team. If they were to play us right now I would be concerned, we have ZERO fight or resilience in the team.

But like I said next season I am sure things will pick up once DW has a transfer window and we are able to cull the deadwood ( no small task).

Did you say the same about fight/resilience after Millwall?  I doubt it.

And people do seem to be putting a lot of store on DW having a transfer window.  This rather forgets that our transfer windows have been rather poor for several years with perhaps a one-in-four success rate (being generous). Given most of it is down to Webber, there’s a fair chance it’ll be more down to what we already have here.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Anyone wanting them to get promotion is not a City fan. Their success or otherwise doesn’t make any difference to “East Anglian” football , as “East Anglia” haven’t got a team. 
It’s a no from me. 

Tl;dr - always **** on the old blue and white

• Like 1

Not convinced they’re coming up. Automatics is a possibility because Plymouth seem to be feeling the pressure but if they end up in the playoffs I can see them messing it up.

Is it four or five years they’ve been down there? That should give an indication that they’re not very good. 😊

Edited by Hairy Canary

I'd still make Argyle favourites. Shrewsbury in 10th are the highest team they will play in their remaining fixtures whereas the Binners still have to go to Derby, Barnsley and Peterborough. 

• Like 3

Absolutely no guarantees that they will come up. Absolutely no reason why we still can’t make the playoffs ourselves if our players actually play like they can 

7 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

It’s a no from me. 

That is petty, narrow-minded and irrational. And I agree 100%. The sooner they disappear out of the ar5ehole of the league like the steaming turd they are, the better. Mind the crap.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

That is petty, narrow-minded and irrational. And I agree 100%. The sooner they disappear out of the ar5ehole of the league like the steaming turd they are, the better. Mind the crap.

Drazen , I couldn’t have put it better myself . You Sir, are a wordsmith . @Drazen Muzinic

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Thanks 1

They are definitely on an upward curve , according to some stats Thayer are currently the most inform team in Europe , have scored most goals , have most wins and GD as nearly all the top teams inc Prem .

Something has really clicked at Poorman Rd , and that manager apparently is very astute and will be sort after shortly .

• Like 1