Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Potters V Canaries*

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Smith got sacked for similar is all i'm saying

We haven't moved forward much if at all.

Just now, Spillay said:

Never looked liked scoring or creating anything pretty much all game. Gunny superb, the rest.. meh.

Sargent £8m, Tsoliz £8m, Sara £8m. Nunez £4m, and we can't create a decent chance. £4m would be a record transfer for 7 sides in this league.

Its all on Webber.

• Like 2

Never mind any of the results. Can anyone remember a game this season when the next one was as good or even better?

I am clinging to the hope that its like DF's 1st season and next will be different.

We had the new manager bounce for a few games, now we're pretty much back to where we were. You cant polish a turd and we are one very mediocre turd.

• Like 1

What makes it even more frustrating is that apparently no one else wants promotion either. Millwall lost at home to Huddersfield today and Luton and Watford only drew.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Anyone still think we can get promoted? reallllly?

Yes.

Just not this season.

And I'm not sure if the next one will be from League One or the Championship, or whether it will be in this decade.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not even close

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Sargent £8m, Tsoliz £8m, Sara £8m. Nunez £4m, and we can't create a decent chance. £4m would be a record transfer for 7 sides in this league.

Its all on Webber.

Our wage bill is five times higher than ours and they are level with us.

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Smith got sacked because the fans had turned and there was no return. Webber said himself they still believed in the job he was doing, this type of performance is exactly what Webber wants.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But Smith had over a year to oversee change in the team, and failed. Wagner has had 2.5 months. It’s not the same. 

Regardless we already tried sacking the manager once and it’s not worked, so I don’t see how another change is suddenly going to turn around our fortunes, it clearly runs far deeper than that. Whatever happens this season Wagner deserves a full pre season and a fresh start coming into the next campaign.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Never mind any of the results. Can anyone remember a game this season when the next one was as good or even better?

I am clinging to the hope that its like DF's 1st season and next will be different.

At least DF was trying to totally change the way we played. I'm not quite sure what Wagnerball is and I fear the players are equally confused.

That was a good game for a mid champ side - in which we are- and will be for the future 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its all on Webber.

I don't disagree that it's on Webber but those players have been hung out to dry by the coaching staff. Appointing coaches who can't coach attacking play will inevitably lead to your attackers looking bad.

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Smith got sacked for a year of similar, in which we never saw any performances like Wagner has shown this team could be capable of. Wagner's got to be given time and a summer.

• Like 2

Weird game overall.

Thought we got better in the second half, Aarons and Sargent stepped up. Tzolis is an absolute nothing player at this point. Was excited to see him start but he offered nothing. Pukki some nice touches but selfish.

Atmosphere in the away end not what it's been previous seasons.

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

What makes it even more frustrating is that apparently no one else wants promotion either. Millwall lost at home to Huddersfield today and Luton and Watford only drew.

Everyone else knows they'll get mullered in the PL.

Does make you wonder about the culture at the club. I said earlier I wonder what's happening with the senior players, and performances like this make me think they could be a bit too scarred to bring up their performances from a couple of years ago.

Just now, ......and Smith must score. said:

Everyone else knows they'll get mullered in the PL.

Mullered?

We would get analy annihilated - ring piece destroyed every week. Insert here and win 5-0.

OTBC

Just now, Daz Sparks said:

Poor team performance, punctuated with some poor individual performances.

Underlined with poor tactics and poor subs and poor recruitment 😂

Its pretty telling when the Goalkeeper is the defacto MoM and theres several candidates for worst player.

(Although Hanley gets my vote, I really like Grant and think he gets too much stick....but that was a stinker)

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Its pretty telling when the Goalkeeper is the defacto MoM and theres several candidates for worst player.

(Although Hanley gets my vote, I really like Grant and think he gets too much stick....but that was a stinker)

Sorenson was the worst, followed by Tzolis. Gibson was decent I thought.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Sorenson was the worst, followed by Tzolis. Gibson was decent I thought.

I'd honestly forgotten Sorensen was playing...so maybe you are right.