Along come Neil 

Edit: Just see Hanley + Gibson starting again 😫

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

Hanley/Gibson partnership again, hurrah

Sargent on the wing, hurrah.

God I can't wait for Wagner to get his hands on a proper transfer window

• Like 1

Just now, Hairy Canary said:

I actually like that team. Obviously back four is a worry but that’s true whoever we put there. 

No natural wide AMs. Three strikers. Could be ok, but shows that lack of options in our squad. 

Not a lot of protection for our fullbacks in that line-up.

But good to see Tzolis get a start, hope he does well.

Nothing wrong with the team. The question is will they be motivated and play with tempo and pace?

At least we haven't got that fluffy pink / grey comatose cosy strip on. Bin it.

• Like 1

Just now, Hairy Canary said:

I actually like that team. Obviously back four is a worry but that’s true whoever we put there. 

yes, I think that's essentially the best team we could put out at the moment. Feels like the same set-up we had at Millwall, with Sargent and Tzolis replacing Idah and Onel as the wide attackers. Obviously Sargent is out-of-position there but I can see the point of having the extra physical presence in a tough away game. Really hope Tzolis takes his chance - glad that our player has got the start ahead of a loanee - think that's the way it's got to be unless the loanee is clearly the better player.

2 minutes ago, Petriix said:

No natural wide AMs.

There's a guy at Rangers who has just scored against Motherwell - worth looking at in the summer, imho

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

There's a guy at Rangers who has just scored against Motherwell - worth looking at in the summer, imho

1 goal in 7 in a league 1/2 standard division??? No thanks.

So we bring in a right-sided attacker on loan, and then persist in playing a striker there, when we know that it's not his best position. 

Whilst I think Wagner does at least have more of a consistent plan and idea than Smith, this sort of chopping and changing, with round pegs in square holes, was one of the main gripes we had with Smith. 

• Like 3

Hanley + Gibson = having to score at least two.Wagner must be sticking with them hoping that they will prove that they'll need replacing in everyones eyes,not just those of us who have been saying so for what seems forever. If we persevere with playing around at the back today we will pay.

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

It was just a joke

Need to use an emoji and not end it with 'imho' then 😉

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

....and that was a tap in at the second attempt....

Best teamed could put out suggest a better team would include Gibbs.

• Like 1

Hanley and Gibson looked considerably better than Hanley and Omo, even when we saw it during the game last.

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

So we bring in a right-sided attacker on loan, and then persist in playing a striker there, when we know that it's not his best position. 

Whilst I think Wagner does at least have more of a consistent plan and idea than Smith, this sort of chopping and changing, with round pegs in square holes, was one of the main gripes we had with Smith. 

True but we tried Sargent up front in the last game and his first touch was so bad that one of them was nearly an assist for the opposition. He needs game time to get sharp again and you can afford a worse touch in the space out wide.

Attack will be the best form of defence today. Agree with the comments about tempo. I must admit I was expecting more of that from a Wagner side but our build up is way too slow. 

Not a lot on the bench to change the game so vital we are on it from the start and stay there.

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Attack will be the best form of defence today. Agree with the comments about tempo. I must admit I was expecting more of that from a Wagner side but our build up is way too slow. 

Not a lot on the bench to change the game so vital we are on it from the start and stay there.

Two down with a minute to go, then bring Kamara on

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Pukki looking happy..

FrgeHCsWYAA8-w9?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I’m hoping it’s more of a look of determination. No one in our squad should be looking too happy or doing or doing high fives after the last two no shows.

Good to see Pukki's shaved his head. There used to be the Bruce Willis Theorem, which stated that any film in which Willis has a number one buzzcut will be good, whereas any film in which he has hair will be sentimental nonsense. I'd very much like to see someone analyse what proportion of Pukki's goals have come when he's shaved his head and I nominate @cambridgeshire canaryto do this important work.

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Good to see Pukki's shaved his head. There used to be the Bruce Willis Theorem, which stated that any film in which Willis has a number one buzzcut will be good, whereas any film in which he has hair will be sentimental nonsense. I'd very much like to see someone analyse what proportion of Pukki's goals have come when he's shaved his head and I nominate @cambridgeshire canaryto do this important work.

I was going to suggest going fully shaven might help put spin on glancing headers. But this is Pukki, who doesn't win many headers.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

I was going to suggest going fully shaven might help put spin on glancing headers. But this is Pukki, who doesn't win many headers.

More about aerodynamicism as he runs on to another inch-perfect pass from the Mayor...

• Like 1