Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Marquinhos red card overturned

Yeah not really sure what the ref saw to give it so quickly but whatever he "saw" was clearly wrong

35 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That's great news   I think he will be needed , to get us back on track. In one W, we trust. The other W , I don't trust . I leave you to guess.

What was annoying is that Stroud actually motioned that Marquinhos had pulled his arm back and deliberately elbowed him.

Suspend Stroud for three games.

• Like 8

I thought it was a red.  Obviously mistaken but those who decide may hate Stroud like everyone else.  But given how poor he was Wednesday not sure if this is good news.  Expected Tzolis might get a start this would give Wagner a boost another singer with no final product.

4 minutes ago, pete said:

I thought it was a red.  Obviously mistaken but those who decide may hate Stroud like everyone else.  But given how poor he was Wednesday not sure if this is good news.  Expected Tzolis might get a start this would give Wagner a boost another singer with no final product.

Have we ever had a winger with end product? Emi might come close but even he was more known for assists than goals

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

9 minutes ago, pete said:

You eyesight is as bad as the refs!

• Haha 1

Imo the ref made the very poor decision based on the outcome of the contact rather than what happened - his motioning that it was a deliberate action merely suggests he didn’t see it as that motion simply didn’t happen.  Imo he was covering himself and that’s pretty stupid, until you remember who the referee was. Fortunately it was so late in the game it made little difference.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Stroud is a poisonous little midget that’s never been able to satisfy anyone sexually, including his close family members.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

WTF is that all about ?

Had personal experience ?

No, I’ve always been able to satisfy his mother.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Yeah not really sure what the ref saw to give it so quickly but whatever he "saw" was clearly wrong

I think he just saw the injury and assumed it was deliberate. Was really poor officiating, I thought it was clear in real time he didn’t do it deliberately.

I think it is time that action was taken  against Stroud. Against Burnley he came out and kissed the ball (like a child) as he was walking towards the line ups he then went on to deny us a penalty that the EFL acknowledged should have been awarded. Subsequent to that the club was fined for the aftermath of his decision.

He then takes charge against Huddersfield and sends Marquiness off for elbowing a player he raced across to give the red card. He then tokened towards Pukki that Marquiness had elbowed the player when replays show Marquiness jumped to head the ball had his arms out for balance and there was no movement backward or forward picked out by the cameras.

The questions needed to be asked are with these mistakes;  is Stroud competent to continue at this level. Does he have eyesight problems in not seeing the penalty and seeing arm movements that are not there. Does he have a problem with Norwich City.

7 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

I think it is time that action was taken  against Stroud. Against Burnley he came out and kissed the ball (like a child) as he was walking towards the line ups he then went on to deny us a penalty that the EFL acknowledged should have been awarded. Subsequent to that the club was fined for the aftermath of his decision.

He then takes charge against Huddersfield and sends Marquiness off for elbowing a player he raced across to give the red card. He then tokened towards Pukki that Marquiness had elbowed the player when replays show Marquiness jumped to head the ball had his arms out for balance and there was no movement backward or forward picked out by the cameras.

The questions needed to be asked are with these mistakes;  is Stroud competent to continue at this level. Does he have eyesight problems in not seeing the penalty and seeing arm movements that are not there. Does he have a problem with Norwich City.

In my opinion if you give a red card thats a match ban and it gets overturned then you as a referee should take said match ban as a punishment and not be able to referee in whatever match you had been scheduled to do so in.

Same for this straight red three match ban which has been overturned.. Keith should be banned from whatever the next three matches he was due to referee in.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

In my opinion if you give a red card thats a match ban and it gets overturned then you as a referee should take said match ban as a punishment and not be able to referee in whatever match you had been scheduled to do so in.

Same for this straight red three match ban which has been overturned.. Keith should be banned from whatever the next three matches he was due to referee in.

That is harsh, the ref might have made a mistake but if we give 3 bans out for those, we would have only had  keeper and 2 eligible centre backs available for half the games this season.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Have we ever had a winger with end product?

Is this you admitting that you've not supported the club for very long?

Huckerby, Fox, David Phillips as a starting point. Anthony Pilkington another. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is this you admitting that you've not supported the club for very long?

No. It's just the usual sensationalist b*llsh*t statement with no thought to relevance or accuracy prior to making it. You know the drill.

Edit - I genuinely put the "*" in bull and left sh*t normal...

Edited by All the Germans

12 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

No. It's just the usual sensationalist b*llsh*t statement with no thought to relevance or accuracy prior to making it. You know the drill.

Edit - I genuinely put the "*" in bull and left sh*t normal...

TVB. The man who may not be at Carrow Road on match days. But he knows a lot about Lineker and MOTD

24 minutes ago, PockthorpePete said:

TVB. The man who may not be at Carrow Road on match days. But he knows a lot about Lineker and MOTD

Yep, the same TVB who lives a 5 hour drive or 3 trains away from Carrow Road with 2 kids so didn't really fancy a midday Sunday kick off. That very same TVB. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Stroud is a poisonous little midget that’s never been able to satisfy anyone sexually, including his close family members.

That’s quite offensive towards Midgets Buh!

• Haha 1

How is he even a ref? In our last two games with him as ref he gives a red card that wasn’t and doesn’t give a penalty vs Burnley that clearly was.

He must be the son of one of the old farts, no other explanation is plausible!

Just looked at his Wikipedia page, and apparently he's been a Luton Town fan since a young age and is thus not allowed to ref Luton fixtures. Wonder if there's any correlation between his controversial decisions and them going against Luton's playoff rivals?

As many on here will know I was a ref myself for several years and always try to look at thing from the officials' point of view, but Keith Stroud is a habitual attention-seeker who seems to make it his mission to take centre stage... like Andy D'Urso before him, and Paul Danson before that if anyone remembers him.

Stroud is 53 years old, so I would not be at all surprised if this is his last season at EFL level. Here's hoping.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Stroud is 53 years old, so I would not be at all surprised if this is his last season at EFL level. Here's hoping.

They gave Stroud 3 games on the prem spread over 2 years. Last was 2015/16. When even Hooper can eventually claw his way on the list due to so many retirements it goes to show how terrible Stroud is.