Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Sargent on the wing being poor? Never

He's playing up top

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

He wasn't on the wing until Pukki came on

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

If you want to go futher back, Alex Notman.

Poor lad could never get fit. Then he finally broke his leg charging down a freekick (I think vs Ipswich?) and got booked while being stretchered off, only to never play again.

Not only did he retire with the unluckiest injury ever, he also scored just 1 goal for us but I've never known a player to hit the post and bar so much. I'm sure he must have hit the woodwork a dozen times that season, at that was just the home games, I didn't do the away games that year!

Unluckiest player ever!

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

James Vaughan had a pretty awful time with us too didn't he?

Yeh i was going to raise a Thompson and a Vaughan, think Vaughan had a bad medical history and we took a punt, which is why we got him very cheap. Before that original injury he was really highly rated. 

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

James Vaughan had a pretty awful time with us too didn't he?

Absolutely did. Played a handful - injured - shipped out. 

John I Neill remember hum, signed for Norwich got Crocker 20 mins on debut never played again,i Wimbledon away.

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Well, we're a goal up and two of our bigger scapegoats have gone off injured.

Dimi and Josh injured?

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

You’d have thought people would be pretty happy on both counts.  Both looked fairly ‘nothing’ injuries, but you never know these days.

As someone who had the nasty old "runner's knee" (which is a misnomer as whilst the pain's in the knee, the trouble is in the iliotibial band), that's not something I wish on anyone who hasn't wrong me, tbh! That can come from very little, but.... oof!

I’m at the game. There’s an interview with an injured Huddersfield player over the PA at half time.

“Are you enjoying watching the game?” 

“No” 😂

Him and the rest of the Huddersfield supporters, I don’t think I’ve heard a quieter crowd.

• Like 1

Just now, mrD66M said:

See your Hayden at the flop, raise a Normann on the turn and AJ Ramsey on the river...

I can trump all of those with John O'Neill, who got injured* in his first game for us, after just 34 minutes.

He never played again. Ever.

* Courtesy of a horrendous John Fashanu tackle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Vaughan and Byram both came on the cheap after a horror injury.
You could argue we got our money's worth from Byram at least.

Sheffield Utd being dragged back into it as it stands. Autos/playoff race going to be very tight. Luton must fancy their chances of sneaking into the top two...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Yeh i was going to raise a Thompson and a Vaughan, think Vaughan had a bad medical history and we took a punt, which is why we got him very cheap. Before that original injury he was really highly rated. 

Yes! I think he came on as a sub one game after a long injury lay off and had to come off within a minute or two again.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

I’m at the game. There’s an interview with an injured Huddersfield player over the PA at half time.

“No” 😂

Him and the rest of the Huddersfield supporters, I don’t think I’ve heard a quieter crowd.

Have you had one of those classic shots of Colin where he looks like a bald man standing directly in front of Art Garfunkel?

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

“No” 😂

They've had the double whammy of the price of a pint of bitter going up in today's budget.

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You’d have thought people would be pretty happy on both counts.  Both looked fairly ‘nothing’ injuries, but you never know these days.

I would hope both are precautionary given so far the Terriers docile nature. I hope I haven't jinxed it now.

3 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Don't see much difference between our performance tonight and on Sunday it's just that Huddersfield are diabolical and aren't even trying to play. We can just knock the ball about with ease, wait for a mistake and pick them off, it's fine on a night like tonight, but I want to see a return to the intensity we saw in Wagners first two games going forward and I still don't see a coherent plan for how to create chances for our forwards. 

Think we'll stroll to an easy 3-0 win tonight but we've got to up our game v Stoke at the weekend. 

Agree entirely. If anything we are far worse than on Sunday. The opposition is more or less non-existent but our build ups are so slow and pedestrian and we do not seem to have a clue how to break them down when within 25 yards of their goal. Have really created nothing with little desire and drive. Wagner has to do some serious rollicking.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Eh? He's played through the middle, and not very well so far.

Totally frustrating to be watching a team so dominant have two shots on target against the bottom club. Still too slow. I think we could take Gunn off and put Tzolis on. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not only did he retire with the unluckiest injury ever, he also scored just 1 goal for us but I've never known a player to hit the post and bar so much. I'm sure he must have hit the woodwork a dozen times that season, at that was just the home games, I didn't do the away games that year!

Unluckiest player ever!

Yes that is how I remember him too- when fit would look great and regularly hammer 25 yarders off the bar.

Didn't he also have the assist in the play-off final?

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Totally frustrating to be watching a team so dominant have two shots on target against the bottom club. Still too slow. I think we could take Gunn off and put Tzolis on. 

I dunno, I reckon Gunn's got the legs to be pretty nifty outfield

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Eh? He's played through the middle, and not very well so far.

He can't control a pacey ball. Good strikers do it instantly and are ready to turn.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Play a rush keeper you mean?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Yes that is how I remember him too- when fit would look great and regularly hammer 25 yarders off the bar.

Didn't he also have the assist in the play-off final?

Funniest thing is I've not gone back far enough to see who you're talking about but absolutely know it's Alex Notman 😂

Edited by AJ
  • Haha 1